Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » why'd you come here? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: why'd you come here?
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-07-2005 05:10 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back in the Quake2 days when I was trying to recruit for my clan I found myself here. I instantly became hooked on the tech center.

major events i can remember
-getting the registered UBB
-creation of the lounge
-railgun
-wedding
-lockdown of the lounge
-unlockdown of the lounge
-migration to f3d
-f3d becomes myanimeart.com
-exerybody returns to q3a

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2005 05:33 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I came here for an answer. I think it was MM that told me to get my autoexec to work, to save it as "autoexec.cfg" with quotation marks otherwise the extension got screwy, heh.

Then later came HAMMER's post about the 300a craze and this place was cool because people like me, jondster, cac and others all did it basically at same time and gave each other tips and suggestions along the way.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 01-07-2005 05:51 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had some Q3Test questions, and so one day while surfing the net on the government's dime, I googled this site up. I found a lively and interesting bunch of people. I read threads off and on for a few months before finally posting. I chatted in The Outpost for a short time until being recommended for Lounge access. Not long after I came along, The Lounge opened up. The F3D exodus came shortly thereafter.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2005 06:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah those were the good ol' days.

I joined with the nickname 'Dickweed' back in the Q2 days looking for help with Q2 but found much, much more than just that.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2005 07:00 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I came here in the hope that someone would join with the name "outrider" looking for help saving there autoexec file.

Still looking....

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2005 11:04 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cause a friend who lived down the street from me, named TheKiller, told me to.

Then came F3D, IncognitoX, and back here again. And still IncognitoX.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2005 12:42 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the beginning of my multiplayer gaming days, I typically typed "quake2.com" in and found myself there. After much play on the CTF server (fond memories of me handling everyone on the server when 56k was the style), I migrated to the board. Started playing Lithium as well [due to that being popular with everyone there]. Ultimately joined RagingBitch's CTF clan, then migrated to RA2 with someome from the clan. Shifted to Q3 after a while, stayed here. Made all the appropriate board changes, etc.

Disappeared for a month or two here and there, but nothing major. I remember a lot of the old guys, wish they still came around.

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2005 01:14 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found this place while searching around for tips on Q3Test. Seemed like an interesting place especially with Horka Thane and his antics. I've kept coming back basically because of all the different topics and viewpoints. May not always agree with them all and sometimes get downright pissed about some but it helps keep the mind active.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2005 01:24 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuze's crotch sent out a beacon across the internet that drew me to this place.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-08-2005 02:05 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come to think of it I was trying to get Q2 running on a 486 and came here to find that I neede to build a 300a rig. Thank you all for letting me mirror your purchase and .cfg!

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2005 02:08 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Q3test questions. After about 4 posts, Jondster compared me to Railgun, who had just started posting around the same time. Heh. Grease the rat.
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2005 09:56 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acid - you were in dNd? I hung out in their IRC channel all the time. Did you go by a diff. name? The 300a craze rocked. I had a 366a@533 too. Those abit boards were nice.

--------------------

I am.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2005 10:57 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found Quake2.com's Outpost back in April of '98. I was a senior in HS, and I played Q2 on a p166 with 32MB and a Rendition Verite 2200 (4MB 1st generation card). It got about 22fps at 640x480. Not bad for $80, considering the eminent 8MB Voodoo2 was set to retail at over $200. I had already played QuakeWorld for a year or so, and Q2 for a few months.

I didn't become a frequent poster until I went away to college. Having a shiny new P2-300 (still with the V2200) and a 10mbps LAN was not the healthiest thing for my studies. UMass Dartmouth would often have 2 or 3 8+ player Quake2 games. Man, that was the shit. I can remember getting out of class, coming back to my dorm room with RoGuEJeFe, Q2ing until dinner, coming back, and Quaking again until 2 or 3am. It never got old..we never got tired of it. ((Wierd. I can play Quake for all of 20 minutes these days, and I'm bored out of my skull.))

Anyway, I migrated to F3D when everyone else did..actually I think I lagged behind a little. It was never the same, tho. Factor in QMass.net somewhere around '99-02. I definitely post a lot less than I used to, but this place will always feel like home to me.

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2005 06:00 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't remember the exact date, but it was somewhere in '97. I was buying a modem for $20 from a friend, and wanted to know if it was anygood. Posted in the Tech Center (which was by FAR the most popular place to be...the lounge didn't exist). Question was answered by Drako and Jarlaxle.

Soon the Tech Center became filled with non-technical issues, so we all started posting in the Outpost. Then we realized we weren't even talking about Quake-related stuff, so we created the Lounge.

I said it a long time ago, and I'll say it again: RB is the one who really created this place. Before he came along, we were just a bunch of guys reading quake-tips, and answering questions about hardware. RB is the one who created a family by dragging us into quake servers, and just making this place more personal. (Thanks, RB)

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Visor
Member # 3158

posted 01-10-2005 03:48 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to know why the pictures in the Q2 help files didn't use 3D acceleration, why they were all blocky and software-lookin'. So I asked here and I don't think anyone really knew either.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2005 03:52 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol@Redlemons.

I bet it's probably because id software has a tendency to use the bare minimum spec machine for testing.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2005 08:49 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do you come here ?
And why, why do you hang around ?
I’m so sorry, oh ...
I’m so sorry, oh, oh ...

Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me ?
When you know, oh
Why do you come ?
Why do you telephone ? ahur...
And why, why send me silly notes ?
I’m so sorry
I’m so sorry, oh ...

Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me ?
When you know, oh
Why do you come ?
It was because
Everything that I did
I wrote it down
On the wall

You had to sneak into my room
’just’ to read my diary
Oh, it was just to see, just to see
(all the things you knew I’d written about you...)
And oh so many illustrations
Oh, but
I’m so very sickened
Oh, I am so sickened now

Still, it was a good lay, good lay
It was a good lay, good lay
Ah ...
Still, it was a good lay, good lay
A good lay, ah ...
Oh, it was a good lay
It was a good lay
It was a good lay
Oh, it was a good lay
Good lay, good lay
Oh
Oh, it was a good lay, good lay
Oh, it was a good lay, good lay
Good lay, oh

Thankyou.

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2005 04:28 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Used to hang around Undernet on IRC in the #quake channel. Became an op of the #quake2 channel. One of the fellow OPs, NetGuy recommended me to this site (he was involved at the time with site updates).

Began answering questions on the shitty BB. Became overly frustrated with the name spoofing of the shitty BB. Begged Blitz (Q2.com Admin) for a solution. Became moderator of the BB. Convinved Blitz to convert to UBB and reap all the benefits.

Created Quake2.com UBB (the one we all know and love). Carried Quake2.com through Q3Arena.com. Created the Lounge after the influx of ll4m4s. Realized how I was blocking out potentially great members and building ego's of existing members, and unlocked the Lounge.

Realized the mistake I made by unlocking the Lounge and regretted it since. Realized it ain't worth regretting and I should remember the times for what they were and not hide from inevitability, change. Wishes people didn't take it as hard as they did.

I basically stood at the helm and watched the rise and fall of this BB. Met a lot of great people, but definetely cannot take all of the credit. If it weren't for cornerstones such as jond, RB, Drako, this place would still be nothing.

I thank you all for the memories and hope they continue (which I believe they are). I still find this place to be the home of lost souls looking for good friends.

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2005 07:27 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
crotch.

beacon.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2005 07:47 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the free web-mail.
Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2005 09:07 PM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember those days vividly. It seems just like 3 or 4 months ago. I had a question about Q3 and my KVM switch. Boy, those were the days.
After not solving my problem I just hung around. I honestly dno't know exactly why. I guess I like certain people's postings. There are some smart people and fascinating dumb people here. I guess that keeps me coming back.

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Posts: 85 | From: livingroom | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2005 09:37 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reality is fascinated by dumb people?

lol@thecrotchbeacon

fuze, hell yeah!

--------------------

Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2005 09:39 PM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some dumb people just have a certain way about them ya know.

What I mean is they may not be smart by some standard but they have interesting personalities. They might be unique. That's the ticket.

Please don't get offended, Cac. I'm not talking about you or anything.

[ 01-10-2005: Message edited by: Reality ]

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Posts: 85 | From: livingroom | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Fuze
Sarge
Member # 45

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2005 03:05 AM     Profile for Fuze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*crotch sensors tingling*

Thank you Chris. =)
Your signal has been recieved.

I came here because of the people.
I laughed my bag off at the korben****** thread, and waited before posting. It seemed if I bought a voodoo card I would get layed, solve world famine, have a pet turtle named "rex" and be loved by old men who built sailboats.
Well I thank all the senior sailboat builders.
I came for help with CD's in Q2...you know, the levels that drove you nutz until you found the keys. Come to think of it,,,those were the Cac and Steph wedding disks! =)

I must say that I STILL am learning about all of you.

I was mind fuckkked when redlemons icq'd me about models he was working on...I still have a model somewhere in my archives. A midevial dude.

I no longer icq but I cannot forget Xanthan, you sent a beacon to my crotch. Even my wife unit loved it when I was chatting with the X man. She figured we both needed help. =)

I hate mentioning names, because everyone is dear. (yes all of you fagz!)

I had the honor of meeting Acid Warp, The Killer, FS,WillyT, Stranger, Smohq, Lizard Boy, Jerry CUda, Quad Bait, OW, Chaos, Weed Man, Rhogue Islander, Captain, Molly, and Intrinsic. I wish I could meet everyone here IRL. I think meeting Willy was the coolest...he was the guy who helped me find the CD key in Q2. And seeing the Nova of perpetual bad exhaust was the capper. Great pizza Willy!

Reading the posts of GFK brings it all back to life. Thanks for being there all the time. You do matter. Lets do Xanthan for the fun of it. =)

Let us not forget ScoobyDoo...he rocks.

How about Melvin? He needed a date with his own sister.

Why did anyone come here?

Hammertown?

It was sweet.

I am not robin williams but I secretly wish to enter Outriders workplace and tell him about an over the top policy I want to take out for a 26 week old block of cheese in my fridge. He wouldn't do it, but I have the secretary over the desk willing to do whatever it takes. She likes to please all.
=)

RoGuEBiTcH, Jay....I am still your bitch.
I will be a =R= till they lay dirt on my weenie. I am.

OMG!

*signal being recieved*

Xanthan wants me to stop being so sentimental.

I must obey.

--------------------

Wanker Extrodinare

Posts: 1350 | From: British Columbia (not England or South America) | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 07:56 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I came here as a lonely gotta woody who had nothing better to do than play quake and spank off.

I then became Tea Bagger who passed his time in a mental ward by hanging with you fellas.

Now I married someone who should be in a mental ward, so I come here to spank off.

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2005 09:15 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've actually been in a mental ward - i knew tea bagger was lying because they did not have computers or internet there and if the did they certainly wouldn't be playing quake 2 with a joystick.

--------------------

I am.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 09:45 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tea Bagger's gottawoody? Get the fuck out...how did I miss this? Just like Jonathan Harris, I always thought TB was another Cac alias.

Fuze, I still have that picture of you next to your slain moose, it fucking kills me. I can't even tell you how many "wtf?"s I get when people are browsing my image collection, tho.. Fuze is my daddy.

LV, you gotta be the nicest guy around here..I'm shocked and flattered you remember it that way. I think I just happened to be here at the right time, and some of you found some of my antics amusing for whatever reason. And this forum only became personal because guys like you and Oicu812 answered posts when we were confused and concerned.. The "Amy and Ecstasy" thread comes to mind..

Xan, Scoob, Ian, ..all the RoGuE's for sure, I'm very glad to have gotten to know you. My girlfriend sometimes asks me who I'm talking to when I yak with you guys. I tried to explain that you are my Quake friends from 5 years ago..she doesn't get it.

Jondster and outrider, thanks for constantly making fun of me. I really don't mind it, you guys crack me up, and I look up to you both probably more than I should.

Cac, you're a smart guy and you entertain me. I wish I were half the stud you are.

Cyborg, you fuck - I know if we ever hung out, we'd probably want to punch each other in the balls, but I appreciate your presence and unrelenting antagonism.

Max, I think you're the first guy I ever talked to here. It's retarded that we've not yet met up for a beer..I appologize.

GFK, my buddy, thanks for stickin around. You truly are the foundation of this board.

Shower time, late for work.

Edited, spelled Cy's name wrong

[ 01-11-2005: Message edited by: RoGuEBiTcH ]

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 10:08 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RB - Looking up to me is it's own penalty.

I never met anyone here I can honestly say I didn't like (Railgun didn't count - never "met" him), but just a few I could use slightly smaller regular doses of ...

How did I stumble on this place ? I remember it seems I was goofing off at work, not contacting customers and clients. Had this big-ass Gateway 166Mhz machine with 24 megs of RAM. Had just installed Q2 at home to supplant getting bored on Doom2, and figured something like this at work on a slow day may fit the bill.

Quite frankly, the game played for shit on this box (duh), but still bored, I figured I'd try MP. Never done that before. Got my ass handed to me (still do) but figured it was probably cause I needed to bone up on the tactics of the game to counter the less-than-ample performance aspect of my equipment. So I went web searching.

The first site I found had a similar name but wasn't this one. I took some tips and went back and played. I guess I still had some questions so I went back to the site. I couldn't find it, getting this one instead.

Now here's where it gets quintessinal:

I was scrolling through the posts, many of which were the normal stuff UNTIL I ran into a post regarding synaptic some-such bullshit or another by some clown that turned out to be Cy .... I responded to his post with one of my own that was composed of 50% quasi-valid opinion and 50% bovine fecal matter. At any rate, it sounded good enough to get some other responses ...

And away we went. Tell me it's not 8 years later ...

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 12:31 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Synaptic Alignment"

Let's all meet up and have a drink, where's good for you? At least everyone will be old enough to drink legally now! The funny thing is with all the multiple personalities that there are on here, I'll probably be on my own.

[ 01-11-2005: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 02:23 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm up in town a couple times a month. I have friends on Newbury St, and in Brighton and Brookline. I will email you or post here the next time I'm heading up.
LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2005 03:43 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I should have looked you 2 up over Christmas...I was in Providence for a week.

Ah well, I'm an asshole

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 03:53 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just after Christmas I was in Bermuda so it's just as well.

Was there not some discussion about a LAN party way back when? I fear now that any attempt to have a LAN party would quickly degenerate into a drunken porn fest. Hmm....

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2005 09:06 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aww, heh. I'm 30 minutes from Providence..
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2005 09:09 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RB ~ I was thinking the other day about the time you snail mailed me that PII 350 cpu so that I could play Quake better with you guys. I remeber getting a package in the mail with scribbled "Q2" signs on it and with the text that read "Live gerbil inside" or something like that. I still have that package around at home since I saved it, I think my dad was worried about me when I told him it came from some guy I played Quake with

Fuze ~ You're way too cool for school and you even had a nasty rail shot. Pop!

RoGuEs 4 lyfe!

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-12-2005 02:19 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Cyborg, you fuck - I know if we ever hung out, we'd probably want to punch each other in the balls, but I appreciate your presence and unrelenting antagonism."

You love me!!!

You really do!!!

I live next door to JaY, kinda scary eh?

I am actually not a dick in real life and have zero enemies. Those who I bump into during my travels each day always remember me and greet me with a smile. Come to think of it, they are smiling at my lil' son Henry, oh well.

HA!!!

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 01-12-2005 05:45 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found this place while looking for answers about playing Q2 online. I still remember OICU812 teaching me how to type in IP addresses to connect to servers. I was clueless. After that I spent the next 4 years doing nothing but computer related things 18 hours a day and I'm still computer clueless. These days I use the web mostly for email and Ebay but every now and then I'll check out a smut site, download some music, edit some web pages or download cracks for new operating systems. It's been years since I played any video games but my father just bought me an Xbox so I could play Halo2 with my younger brother who lives 8 hours away in Michigan. It's cool we can bond for an hour or two a couple nights a week. It also looks pretty wicked on my new 52" DLP TV with stereo surround sound and a wireless controler.
Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2005 01:02 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget Asmodean!

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-17-2005 01:42 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
face it Cy, you're a dick in real life (

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 01:54 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish more people would pop in and just say Hi, would be nice ya know. I'm sure theres some out there who still visit once in a blue moon, but they never say anything.

SPEAK DAMN YOU! We miss all our fallen!

And I can't believe I actually banned RB. Shit, I'll never let gay pr0n get between us again! HA!

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 01:56 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, especially Asmo. I always hated how I made him so angry for making such a "dictator" move. That's when I really realized the mistake.
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 03:14 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just go with the flow. I don't know what happened at F3D, but I for one thought the anime shit was getting out of hand. I mean, I am probably one of the youngest ones here and am mature enough to not be absorbed by that crap.

I don't care if thats what he likes, but when he floods the board with it and makes it the damn site, c'mon.. do you really expect us to stay around? :\

[ 01-18-2005: Message edited by: Acid ]

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 11:03 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All hail Fj00z!

I came here cause F3D sunk and TK caught me drifting with the wreckage. Never came here before that, which seems to be rather rare.

We need to organize a global get-together at some point.

In the meanwhile, I'd most like to meet Xanner and Cacmeister at some point, very cool people. Ellen too . People that I've met so far are Markus, Brian, Jamie, Nathan and Tom - cheers!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 11:04 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ack, and Dev of course! (to meet, not have met)

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 11:05 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've met Markus!?

/me 12 year old girl squeal

The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 01:21 PM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This site remains bookmarked in my Favorites-

I remember the history, and am pleased to have known you all.

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 02:13 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we should invite Horka back

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 02:18 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya know, I wouldn't mind seeing that little fucker again. He had visited once before, had to be close to two years ago now.
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 02:22 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
arr

/me pimp daddy

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2005 03:18 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to meet FS and maybe have a cookout with his friends. Maybe get lucky with some cute Finnish girl.

It would be great to meet Chris too. Have him take a really great photo of me. Post it here and have people say things like, "you really are handsome".

I would love to smoke some super-skunk with Outrider and play some games on his LAN. Check out his hot wife. Listen to some good tunes.

Maybe meet up with Jondster at that funky colored Mexican restaurant by his house. Drink a few scotches and shoot the shit. Play some 8-ball.

Maybe then head over to Texas and have Dev take to a restaurant that serves the hottest food this side of the equator. We could discuss Snag and what we are going to do about him.

Head over to Canada and party with headstone, Acidwarp, dAm and the rest of the guys from that way. Have sex with a moose.

I would like to meet Jay, Cyborg(s), josh and the others from the East coast. Maybe drink some rainwater from a plastic barrel.

I would like to get wasted on half a Zima with Willy (the Lounge’s second biggest stud) and meet up with the other guys from California. Check out the world’s most beautiful women.

Take Serengeti out for an all you can eat serenmagetti dinner.

Go swimming with Doublefresh’s younger brother. (wait I’ve already done that) or go riding on the hood of his jeep at speeds over 100MPH on the beach.

Make some guy pretend to be the real-life Tea Bagger and watch him have sex with my wife.

Roadie a show with Scooby at the Majestic Theatre. Take him to Hot Tamales titty bar and show him how to date strippers.

Dress up in sparkle silver space suit with a transparent pentagram helmet and take a trip to Qwghlm to eat pop tarts with Wintermute and discuss why Xithera's rapture by the Pure Spirits of the Netherworld is futile because the Mirror of Mist was broken in chapter 13 and something-something about super-blue.

Go sailing with LordVader. Conquer some third world country and name it Isle of the Lounge.

Visit Redlemons and give him an empty box wrapped as a beautiful Christmas gift. We would then discuss something about the true meaning of Christmas.

Drink an entire bottle of Absinthe with Mad Max and his wife. Maybe get lucky with one of them. See a giant green fairy. Kill myself softly with his song.

Who did I miss?

[ 01-18-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2005 03:52 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FS:
arr

/me pimp daddy

I've heard rumours that Markus is actually 10 feet tall and has large sledge hammers for hands... confirm / deny ?

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com