Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Role Call.. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Role Call..
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2008 07:06 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggles:
Kyle...my wife is the best! So how ya doin' kid? Life treating you well?

Not as well as you. My PS3 just bricked.

Oh, and I need an application for your company please.

Snaggles
Sarge
Member # 3237

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2008 03:47 PM     Profile for Snaggles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyle...shitty. Love my 360. Modded easy(simple firmware flash and no chip) and never had a problem. would love to have a PS3 though (that is one reason wives suck...the other reason is much better though )
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2008 05:04 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Party at Snaggles!

quote:
Yep...married. Home owner. Systems analyst for a health region. Just bought a truck and fifth wheel trailer. Life is good.

Oh...and any gaming I do is now either on my 360 or my PC in my theatre room that has a 130" accoustically transparent screen (which I built myself) with the front and center channels hidden in behind the screen...with an HD projector shooting the picture. So imagine Crysis at 130" in HD on a GTX280. Though I must say, I spend about 90% of my gaming time playing NHL 09 on the 360. Though Guitar Hero is pretty cool on it too. Sorry if it sems like bragging but this room is my "man room" and it is my pride and joy. I started building the room in March...just finished a few weeks ago. It has the stereo system, satelite receiver, Bluray player, projector, 360, Gaming PC, Bar and Fridge, Air Hockey Table, leather reclining home theatre seats, countertop ice maker (automatically makess ice ass fast as you can use it ) and Kimberley is saying she wants to get me a popcorn cart for movie nights. And get this, the biggest and best bathroom in the house...in which the toilet, door and projection screen are in line...so you can watch the game from the best seat in the house. Like I said...it the my "man room".

Did I mention my wife is the best wife in the world too?
Kyle...my wife is the best! So how ya doin' kid? Life treating you well?

[ 10-27-2008: Message edited by: Snaggles ]

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-29-2008 03:41 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Kyle...shitty. Love my 360. Modded easy(simple firmware flash and no chip) and never had a problem. would love to have a PS3 though (that is one reason wives suck...the other reason is much better though )

Its not a very common problem with the PS3. My buddy has a 360 and I hate the "blade" or whatever it is. It doesn't stream videos nearly as good as the PS3 does either. Gonna cost $150 to get it fixed :\

Oh, I've been with the same girl for over two years now. Did I mention that she bought it for me?

Snaggles
Sarge
Member # 3237

Rate Member

posted 10-31-2008 02:24 AM     Profile for Snaggles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well...I am having a Grey Cup party on Nov 23rd. It is the Canadian equivilant of the Super Bowl for those not cultured enough to care

Kyle, I use the HTPC for my streaming. I have the server in the other room (it has about 6TB of movies, music, karaoke and other entertaining goodies) and stream it over to the HTPC. My wish: either M$ would open up the platform to allow an XBMC360 or someone would just find a way to do it. All in all...the PC is just much more versatile.

rokz
Sarge
Member # 3046

posted 11-01-2008 02:00 AM     Profile for rokz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I check here once every month or so. It is kind of sad to see things die out. I was a heavy poster over at .net and force3d.

Still talk to xanthan daily. Other than that, nobody else really. Was pretty good friends with Big T (flux) for years. He actually lives here in AZ now, but we don't talk anymore.

To this day, I'm still occasionally tempted to fire up Q2 or Q3.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-01-2008 04:26 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Well...I am having a Grey Cup party on Nov 23rd. It is the Canadian equivilant of the Super Bowl for those not cultured enough to care

Kyle, I use the HTPC for my streaming. I have the server in the other room (it has about 6TB of movies, music, karaoke and other entertaining goodies) and stream it over to the HTPC. My wish: either M$ would open up the platform to allow an XBMC360 or someone would just find a way to do it. All in all...the PC is just much more versatile.

You're better with your PC. The 360 is garbage for streaming.

You should probably get on AIM sometime.

D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 11-25-2008 03:55 AM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello.. I'm still here. err sorta. I try and visit more often

--------------------

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-26-2008 08:40 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

It has nothing to do with culture... We just don't care.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2008 10:53 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw, you beat me to it, Cac

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2008 11:09 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's okay, I don't care either.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2008 08:59 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I drop in once a year or so.

I really miss what we had here back in, when was it the late 90's ???

At that time I think I wrote a new post every 10 minutes for a three or four year period.

These days I'm a respectable businessman

I'm married (2nd time) and have my first daughter (11 months old)

I recently started a web template sales company for real estate agents.

My dev team and I play Q3 on lunch breaks and to break up the monotony of late night coding missions.

Please feel free to contact me for any reason at mike@bwbeach.com I miss you guys!!! You were all a huge part of my early days on the net.

Dropping in tonight has inspired me to dig out an old copy of Q2.

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2008 09:10 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
double post.

[ 12-08-2008: Message edited by: doublefresh ]

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2008 09:18 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's okay, 2x the freshness

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2008 09:29 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tears....
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2008 10:25 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone seen Jondster or OICU812
What's become of them?

[ 12-08-2008: Message edited by: doublefresh ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-09-2008 12:54 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi 2x.

I was just talking about you. My father in law (you remember Steve M. the teacher from Linden) was talking about your dad or brother or something. He remembered that I know you from here.

Congrats. I have a 1 year old boy myself. I named him Stroggy.

--------------------

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-10-2008 06:52 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My father is doing the same old thing. Teaching high school and coaching football. He may be retiring sometime soon. It sounds like they may pay him more to quit than stick around for another 5 years. My little brother is now 18 or 19 and did not quite make the cut into UofM A2 but they told him if he did one semester at UofM flint (a real crap hole)and got good grades he could transfer the second semester.

How do you like being a father? It was/is a real change for me. 38 years of freedom came screeching to a halt.

I had three phenomenal years in real estate sales but this year like everywhere else the market is a mess. A programmer friend and I started building websites for other Realtors and we may make a good living selling these template sites when the market picks up again. You can see what they look like at resideindelaware dot com
We've still got a few bugs we are trying to squash and the site loads a little slow. If any of you are any good with php and my sql I'd love to hear your suggestions to speed it up.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-11-2008 08:36 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's cool hope it works out for you. I actually love being a dad. Marcus (named after raverboy) is so much fun. He seems to learn something new everyday.

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 12-11-2008 11:17 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does your house have a spiral staircase? Cool...

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-11-2008 02:17 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes with a child gate attached.

--------------------

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 12-16-2008 05:08 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Marcus (named after raverboy)

Or as I call him; "junior".

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2008 08:45 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We went with a 'C' instead of 'K' strictly to avoid copyright infringement.

Hi rvr!

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 12-20-2008 03:14 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here

and there etc.

Greetings and Merry Christmas everybody.

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-22-2008 01:16 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Crip it's a crapple!!

Hey Devman

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-22-2008 10:02 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Devastator.

Hi Outrider.

--------------------

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 12-25-2008 09:23 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Dev! Nice to see you

Outrider? I missed something..

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-25-2008 12:54 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was assuming he is lurking.

Hi Cyborg!

--------------------

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 12-29-2008 12:29 AM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This place still exists? *mind boggled*

I still check in every once in a while, though lately my internet hangout is www.gamerswithjobs.com. It's a pretty nice community with a mature user base. Stop in and check it out if you're bored.

Now I'm off to find my Q2 CD.

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2009 02:38 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[ 12-13-2010: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 01-19-2009 06:03 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you WT... I'm back at work, but I'm finding it difficult to care much about anything...

I'm confident that will change in time, but it's still hard...

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 01-20-2009 02:03 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm here!

Happy late New Year/Christmas!

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-20-2009 02:12 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Always great to see old friends again.

I think this site might just exist forever.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2009 12:15 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JAMIE!!

How you doin' man! Drop me a line sometime. I typically fire up msn, but I'm not usually paying attention to it, once I get working on something. Dude I could show you some math that would curl your hair.

And yeah, this place may exist for ever

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 02-11-2009 02:35 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here

So sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss Riv, I hope things get better soon. I'm sending some good fluffy vibes over!

I finished a masters in environmental technology in September and I'm still job-hunting... it really wasn't the best year to graduate. :/ If I'm still jobless by April I think I may do some voluntary conservation work in Latin America.

I'm still happily single! I tried out the whole boyfriend thing for a while but I'm afraid I'm far too independent to put up with anyone for very long.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 04-03-2009 12:16 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy, everyone!

LONG time, no chat! It is good to drop in here and see that people still show up.

As far as what became of me, well, it's been sort of a long road, but I made it.

Anyway, I am doing well, living back in Florida, and working for a good company.

Man, is it great to see you guys online still.

I've been playing WoW also, my main is Thorinn on Eonar, a level 80 Huntard. Roll a new character and send me a tell sometime.

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 04-06-2009 04:06 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, whats up OIC, good to see you dude!
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 04-07-2009 02:17 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing much is up, just checking in to see what's going on in my old neighborhood.

How are you doing these days, GFK?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 04-20-2009 08:02 PM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems like it was just yest... err 20 years ago since i was on here.
Well, back to World of Warcraft

--------------------

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 05-03-2009 04:07 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel like such an old fart. My friends are all getting married and making babies, and I just barely suffered my first break-up. Jeez.
Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 05-05-2009 05:01 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't complain OIC, life is good for once.

Still drop by here to keep and eye on things from time to time. I'm glad to see the recent activity again. I still consider all of you my close friends since we have all managed to keep some kind of faint contact throughtout the years. Always makes me happy to have people to admin over.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 06-04-2009 02:17 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What happened to the site for a while?
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2009 05:45 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello all you freaks and geeks

old man jondster finally rip?

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 06-17-2009 03:29 PM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy Amigos.

Cac- I'm counting on you or Cyborg 6 to give me a fine "Welcome to last year's thread, Stranger" greeting.

Read through this entire thread- good to catch up on what's been happening in everyone's lives.

Here's the short form update on the life of The Stranger:

1. I've now been OUT of the Marines longer than I was IN! (which means I'm old)

2. Divorced in 2004. (She kept the Mercedes, I kept my F-150 and my Harley.)

3. My Daughters are now 13 and 16 years old.

4. Guns? I still have some. (However, because of number three up above I need to buy more)

5. Been working white-collar so long now I don't even have a callus on my trigger finger.

6. Gonna jump off the Marriage cliff again this year. (Girl Next-door from teen-aged days)

Willy T-

Sorry Amigo...I didn't vanish into the mist on purpose...

I am glad to have had a small part in influencing your life...I appreciate your shout-out.

I'll send you an email to the addy you mentioned in your post.

anyone wants to find me I still check this account once a month or so:

the_stranger At budweiser DOT com

OUT

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-2009 04:17 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome to see stranger, Stranger!

Thanks for stopping by. I was wondering, how many of you are on Facebook.. Maybe we should also add each other through there (of course if you use it).

I've been against it for the longest time, but then my girlfriend got me caught up into it. Its not a bad waste of time in between tasks. Look me up, cdegaeta at gmail dot com

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-19-2009 10:57 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, yes it is. It's a terrible waste of time. . . . lol

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 08-29-2009 09:41 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah...
I'm here. Well, I guess about as much as everyone else.

Still in the Navy.

Daughter just started college (Cal State Fullerton)

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2009 11:22 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey LV, glad to see you're well

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-31-2009 03:15 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordVader:
Yeah...
I'm here. Well, I guess about as much as everyone else.

Still in the Navy.

Daughter just started college (Cal State Fullerton)

I'm actually debating on joining after I graduate college.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-14-2009 11:34 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dead again. Damn. NOTHING GOING ON?

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com