next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » ... awesome

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ... awesome
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 02-16-2005 04:35 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You really ought to click here.

[ 02-16-2005: Message edited by: Serengeti ]

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 02-16-2005 05:47 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been waiting a long time for a modern HHG movie. I hope it's at least as good as the old mini-series movie. It looks like Zaphod will only have 1 head in this one... I think Mos Def will play a great Ford. He's a decent actor. I'm not sure about the goofy android body they've given Marvin. We'll see.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-16-2005 06:30 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Sweet.

I've been waiting for a trailer for months now. I've been staying loosely up to date on the production progress.

[ 02-16-2005: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-16-2005 06:40 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck. Looks like I'm gonna have to try and read some of the books first. No way in hell I can fit it all in before May.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-16-2005 06:47 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flux, there's a single volume collection available. All four books in one volume.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

crash
Sarge
Member # 3015

Rate Member

posted 02-16-2005 10:15 PM     Profile for crash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Four books? (I'm having a weird deja vu about this conversation.) I've got a volume that is a "trilogy in five parts" and says it now includes Mostly Harmless. But I don't really recommend reading each one immediately after the other without a bit of a break. I did it, and as much as I love Douglas Adams, I couldn't wait for it to be over.

--------------------

Posts: 86 | From: Victoria | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-17-2005 05:20 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, I've got a six book single volume Hitch Hiker book on my shelf..

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 02-17-2005 10:12 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zaphod does have a second head, and it is shown in the preview, but I don't even known if the readers of the book get to know that the president of the universe has a second head. (In the movie, it seems to be underneath the other one). It looks cool, but it is brief in the trailer.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 02-17-2005 11:50 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It depends.. Zaphod has gone from having 1 head and 3 hands to 2 heads and 4 hands. It all depends on which book, radio series, mini, etc, you're looking at. I think most fans think of him as having 2 heads, though. I don't know what to think about the way they plan on representing his 2nd head. He's supposed to have 2 on his shoulders! We'll see..

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2005 02:11 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you're all reading too much into it.

Zaphod Beeblebrox is a cool frood no matter how many heads he has (or hands), the dude knows where his towel is.

Now I'm going to get something to eat. Who's with me.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2005 01:54 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, but he's a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is - an amazingly together guy.

I'm with you on eating something. I could go for some peanuts and beer right about now or maybe a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster from Milliways or Hoopy Frood Lounge

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com