Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » So... Who's gonna play WoW?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So... Who's gonna play WoW?
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 11-23-2004 01:45 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna play it when it comes into the store I'm working at.

(World of Warcraft)

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-23-2004 03:17 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got a friend in the beta, he says its friggin awesome.

--------------------

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 11-23-2004 05:14 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was in the beta. It's friggin awesome.

(Also, I have a collectors edition on the way and will be going out tomorrow to buy a standard edition as well for my kids)

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 11-24-2004 05:39 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might...still undecided (and pissed off I didn't get into the European beta...)
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 11-24-2004 12:24 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't own a credit card, so I don't have a good way to pay monthly for the service. Plus, I am having problems downloading the latest DirectX files, so my computer is not updated and doesn't work with many new games (like Sims 2).

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 11-25-2004 04:26 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey JoJo... you should be able to buy 3 month cards at the same place you buy the game. Credit cards will not stop you. Also in the future Blizzard plans to use PayPal, so that might be another avenue.

Mine might be waiting for me at work when I get there on Thursday(tomorrow)...

I'm all finished with Half-Life 2, finished it tonight Great game all the way through.

--------------------

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 11-25-2004 12:31 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But still, I believe that since my direct X isn't updated that I wouldn't be able to play. However, thanks for the tip on getting to pay for the online fee.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 11-26-2004 04:16 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to be joining a guild that was pretty big in the beta (80 members)...

Legends

I got a cool trick for installing the game, if you have two CDRom drives. Put a disc in both and it will automatically look in the other drive. Repeat the process when the current disc is finished and there is no pause in the installation. Brilliant Blizzard design.

--------------------

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 11-27-2004 03:33 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JoJo, here is the address for it. Direct x

an easy way to remember the address for direct x is: www.microsoft.com/directx/

It just forwards you to the most current version.

--------------------

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 11-27-2004 01:02 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FYI~ If anyone wants to play with me, I'm on the east server "Tichondrius" as Serengeti.
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 03:57 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay! Just got a mail - "European Closed Beta Test: you have been selected!"

Wee - going to play it tonight

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-04-2004 01:29 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hm...seems I was a bit optimistic, but the download should finish sometime this evening...

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com