Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Let me get this straight... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Let me get this straight...
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2004 06:24 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If the mere presence on Iraqi soil of members of al-Qaeda can be seen as solid evidence of their link with Saddam Hussein, need we not see the presence of al-Qaeda members on US soil as solid evidence of their link to George W. Bush.

And if not, why? Has to work both ways.

Are you as a statesman responsible for the actions of every individual that lives on the territory you manage? I personally don't think so.

Can someone talk to that Rumsfeldfella about trying to make sense once and for all?

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2004 07:12 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Theres been documents [I dont feel like finding on the net again] saying that officials in Iraq knew or had suspicions of training.

Also, he openly supported other forms of terrorism (cash to families of suicide bombers for instance).

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-05-2004 07:15 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In other news, a Bush Cheney headquarters in Tennessee got shot up! They certainly are assholes but there's no real merit in shooting their buildings.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2004 08:02 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
Theres been documents [I dont feel like finding on the net again] saying that officials in Iraq knew or had suspicions of training.

There are documents (plus it's common knowledge) that we provided weapons and trained Bin Laden.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2004 08:23 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before he claimed his holy war on the US. We gave aid to Germany after WW1. Were we supporting facism?
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 12:44 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, but Osama was US supported when he took part in a holy war against Russia in Afgahnistan.

So he was a terrorist then. He's a terrorist now. I see no difference.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 02:08 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The difference is in the drug of choice. A good dose of partriotic-H really does wanders for the mind.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 02:13 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
Before he claimed his holy war on the US. We gave aid to Germany after WW1. Were we supporting facism?

That is totally assinine and an uncorrelated comparison. To make your comparison accurate, it would be prudent to suggest that the US molded Hitler into what he was...but hey, if you can't blind 'em with brilliance baffle them with bullshit eh Acid?

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 09:12 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, but lets blame Bush for it
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 09:15 AM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We supported Iraq with chemical weapons to use on Iran as well!

I've got pictures of rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam.

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 10:50 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
saddam was a statesman? What is a statesman?

quote:
There are documents (plus it's common knowledge) that we provided weapons and trained Bin Laden.

The military trained the washington dc sniper too, should they be held accountable for his actions?

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 11:08 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outtie, if I were to train someone in such tactics REGARDLESS of the eventual consequences, my ass would be up shit creek. There has to be some level of accountability because of the lack of forethought. They were essentially training a pitpull. And animal that is notorious for viscious attacks and is often uncontrollable by its trainer/master and often turns on said trainer/master when the "leash is shortened"...yet pitbull owners are still called upon to be accountable for their dogs.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/_/id/6450422?rnd=1094661464223&has-player=false&
Further...read this about your fearless vice-president and secretary of defense. And people say there is no such thing as a puppet government? HA!! Cheney & Rumsfeld have been shaping things their own way for years incrimentally. There is absolutely no denying that with the positions they have secured in the various administrations that they have never gotten a second mandate with

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 11:15 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Outtie, if I were to train someone in such tactics REGARDLESS of the eventual consequences, my ass would be up shit creek. There has to be some level of accountability because of the lack of forethought. They were essentially training a pitpull. And animal that is notorious for viscious attacks and is often uncontrollable by its trainer/master and often turns on said trainer/master when the "leash is shortened"...yet pitbull owners are still called upon to be accountable for their dogs.

Are you talking about bin laden or the washington dc sniper now?

If you're referring to the washington dc sniper, then should we not train people to be in the military? What about police? Should they be trained to kill people?

What if one of Canada's great snipers that served in afghanistan goes beserk one day in the future and shoots several people because his dog whispered in his ear that Celine Dion was going on tour? Should the Canadian government be held liable for his actions?

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 11:34 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dude...the sniper was one of your own people. I would not relate to him as a pitbull but simply as a criminal. His actions were of a domestic terrorism which the US owes the world nothing for his target was his homeland.

Bin Laden is another story. The US trained him in his tactics for their own self-service and now it has come to bite not only the US in the ass but the entire world. The US owes the world HUGE for creating this monster.

I think you assumed I was talking about the sniper because it was easy to draw up rebuttal for that...what I wrote in this post there is no real rebuttal.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 12:00 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sure there is always rebuttal. I agree with you about bin laden.

However, I also think the U.S. along with France and other countries owed the world something for creating saddam. At least the US finally decided to do something about it. Others like France wanted to leave him be, give him more time...continue doing "business" with him.

Every country in some fashion owes the world something along the way, even Canada.

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 01:05 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And what could have Saddam done with that time? Use the WMD against the world? Justify to the UN that a war needs to be had to stop him? What he could have done during that time was limited.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 01:21 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And what could have Saddam done with that time? Use the WMD against the world? Justify to the UN that a war needs to be had to stop him? What he could have done during that time was limited.

So if bin laden publically retires from the terror bidness, should we leave him alone. Maybe sanction al-quada a bit here and there?

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 01:40 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that is a little different outtie and you know it. Bin Laden was a "freedom fighter" trained by the US for the sole reason of bitch-slapping Russia in their invasion of Afghanistan. Just like the US selling arms to Iran during the Iraq-Iran War of the 80's was a bitchslap to the Soviets for being Iraq's #1 arms supplier. Just like Vietnam (again N. Vietnam had Soviet back) and the Korean Wars (again Soviet support).

My point is that all to often there is involvement that goes ahead without thinking of future consequences. Though the Soviet's fell, the US had not nearly as much to do with it as human nature. The funny thing is, everyone in the wake of US intervention (from previously cited examples) is still around except the Soviet Union, however now as Russia and joined by all except Vietnam share a level of deep seeded animosity towards the US.

I do fear what I do not know...and because of the nature of modern "intelligence", we in western society are not afforded much actual truth from our governments or their involvements in foreign affairs and/or conflict. How many other bin Ladens are out there waiting for their chance?

And you are right...selling Candu reactors has given too many nuclear capabilities.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 01:46 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
How many other bin Ladens are out there waiting for their chance?

The real scary part is how many other bin ladens out there haven't even been born yet.

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 10-06-2004 02:34 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canada owns the world BIGTIME for Celine.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 06:42 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck, how many times do we have to apologize for that? Can't we take Shania Twain, Pam Anderson, Natasha Henstridge, Elisha Cuthbert, Carrie-Anne Moss, Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne, Kim Stockwood...and just call it even
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 06:45 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Canada owns the world BIGTIME for Celine.

You did mean OWES right...cause if all it cost was Celine Dion to own the world, fuck...we can trade Alanis Morrisette for the moon. I have always wanted to own the moon

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2004 09:38 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pitbulls are gentle dogs when raised in a normal environment.

--------------------

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 10-07-2004 05:27 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
pardon my typo, please

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 08:51 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd think that Bin Laden would have done what he did whether we trained him or not. And if he didn't do it, some other Islamo-Facist would have.

I also think it's amusing where you Liberals and New-World-Order types choose to draw the line, or even draw it at all.

You indignantly get in Halliburton's shit, all the while figuring it's OK for the prick in Iraq to stay in power and murder hundreds of thousands of his own people just as long as he keeps shipping the oil and buying the arms.

I guess he's gotta wheel-barrow a device with a 1 megaton yield or 50 kilos of anthrax into downtown Tel Aviv before you'll condone a pre-emptive strike because you "need the proof before you act". Meanwhile, "Food for Oil" is working just fine. Right.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 10:24 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So very true, Jondster.

And what's going to happen when gas hits say four bucks a gallon in America? That will eventually happen, and prices will probably continue rising given China's growing oil needs. Just watch how those No Blood For Oil posters will sloooowly begin to lower and the feel-good-about-yourself chatter will slowly start to diminish. What's that old saying? It's easier to talk the talk than walk the walk.

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 12:21 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. I remember this old line "The only reason women have vaginas is so that men will talk to them" - amusing but now you can paraphrase "The only reason Arabs have oil is so that WE will tolerate them".

A little too much greed reflected in oil prices and you might find a good excuse for a little "ethnic cleansing".

"You got it and we're willing to pay for it. Play nice or we're gonna come and take it away from you".

You think that can't happen ?

--------------------

No Sig

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 12:23 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey Cac ... does anybody raise a Pitbull in a "normal" environment ?

--------------------

No Sig

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 02:25 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea Jondster, I get a chuckle every time I see a Chevy Surburban or Ford Expedition with a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker. Some cute housewife scooting around in it, prolly doesn't even know how to put it in 4WD, and she thinks Mr. John "I do not own an SUV, my family does" Kerry is going to make things better.
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-07-2004 02:44 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You forget it's THEIR oil. If they want to charge us $500 a barrel they have every right to. It's our own dumbass fault for becoming so dependent on THEIR oil.

...Imagine...

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 04:22 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, lets think of it from an economic standpoint.

Oh shit. Lets get all of their oil first and THEN use ours.

Its called logic. A lot of what is fucking us from drilling our oil is the fucking EPA [my hometown still has a ton of oil, they are just afraid it will hit the river. GUESS WHAT!! Theres worse shit than oil in the ohio river]

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 05:45 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If one can turn water into wine then why can't we turn water into oil?

Seems to be a similar challenge....

Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2004 07:08 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
jon - The dog my parents had when I was a young teenager was a pitbull. It was a very cool, smart and friendly dog.

outrider/jon - I posted the original thread simply as a thought. I guess I had an idea and just wanted feedback. I didn't seriously mean that our president should be strung up or anything.

Lately almost every Iraqi I hear talk are very negative about the conditions there. Many claim they have had no electicity, water in many months, years, etc, and can't walk the streets. They feel like prisoners staying locked in their homes. Some felt that they had more freedom before the liberation took place. I don't know for sure but just what I am hearing lately.

--------------------

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 10-08-2004 08:54 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cac ~ re: the dog. Then you're one of the few. It seems many get the things and bring them up to be vicious. But I agree with your premise.

A friend of mine just got back from Iraq, being there on business for Herman Miller (selling office furniture). He had discussions with many Iraqis there regarding this. Summary would be:

Yes, the place is more restrictive and dangerous. Why ? Because WE are there. Every Western-hating Muslim terrorist and terrorist-wannabe heads straight there, looking for trouble and a quick ticket to paradise. However, if we hadn't been there in the first place, the "business as usual" scenario was less than pleasant if you were on the wrong side of the prevalent philosophy from "town hall". In Saddam's environment, you had a dictatorship where any dissent could get you a quick trip to a shallow grave. In his absense, the only alternative to the current situation is a trip in time back to the 4th century where if the mullahs catch you with your hand in the cookie jar, your name will soon be "Lefty".

But they realize things are improving and will improve vastly as time goes on. Unfortunately this process doesn't come cheap ... to them or us. They don't like it but they accept it as a requisite.

--------------------

No Sig

Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 10-08-2004 11:50 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's be honest, they don't have a choice but to accept it. There's no indication that they're better off than they were before we occupied, and there is little indication that they ever will be under their latest oil funneling "democratic" puppet regime. We're just replacing one system of control with another that benefits us more.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-08-2004 12:20 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oil funneling regime? Gas prices are inching towards $2/gal again so that really doesn't fit today's context.
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 10-08-2004 07:43 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After 2 wars and 10+ years of economic sanctions Iraq's economy, infrastructure, etc have deteriorated significantly. The country has hundreds of billions of dollars in debt, and their oil facilities and pipelines have become sub standard not to mention falling under constant attacks of sabotage. While their existing limited oil revenues are going to pay off debt and pay US contractors to rebuilt Iraq, we will be at the mercy of OPEC, and all of the different factors that the major producers use to determine prices including the shit we stirred up in Iraq and pure greed of course. At this point I have no doubt that Bush wants America to be militarily and economically superior in the world, but I'm not convinced he cares what we pay for fuel too much at the moment, so who knows how long it will be before we experience lower gas prices if at all. Regardless, make no mistake. The control of Iraqi oil is a primary objective among other things such as strategic placement of our military and our influence in the region.

[ 10-08-2004: Message edited by: Wintermute ]

--------------------

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2004 10:26 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Regardless, make no mistake. The control of Iraqi oil is a primary objective among other things such as strategic placement of our military and our influence in the region.

Heh, I thought most had gotten over that little bit of fantasy. Guess not.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 01:25 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just kinda funny though how it all played out though 40. CEO of Halliburton now Vice President who is still getting cash from Halliburton suddenly finds himself with means to be in the middle east in a position of "authority" and self-imposed legitimacy for occupation, now contracting out his former employer to the largest fuel contracts the world has ever known.

Makes what Nixon did seem like nothing more to pluck a nickle out of a panhandlers guitar case.

The fishiness of the whole thing is too questionable to simply write it off as "conspiracy theory" IMO. Here you have a guy who fucked around in school (he had a scholarship to Yale and spent his time partying and living with mediocre grades), finding himself in a position in a Presidential Administration under the tutelage of Donald Rumsfeld etc etc...you take a look at history and one cannot think that the illuminati etc type of conspiracy bullshit that has propagated for decades is nothing more than a prophecy that is coming true in our own lifetime.

Not saying that this is happening, but when you start to examine all aspects of things, it does raise some questions and makes for interesting debate. So simply debunk it as bullshit is nothing short of...complacent (for lack of better and non-insulting terms).

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 07:33 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey 40 - Wake up and smell the oil!

Hi btw!

--------------------

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 01:31 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sniff.... sniff...

I smell something, but it ain't oil...

Oh, wait... That would be me being complacent again...

So, then, nevermind...

Oh, btw, hi Cac!!!

[ 10-11-2004: Message edited by: 20 20 ]

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 01:38 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and as far as Cheney and Halibut..., er, Halliburton:
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx@DocID=261.html

But, it's too much fun to believe in the evilness of Cheney when you're a democrat (or non-American)...

Oh, wait...

sniff... sniff...

There's that oil smell again! Damn!

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 04:37 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea well, fat chicks dot com has a eight minute clip of edwards and kerry munching on some 600 pounder's carpet.

edited for fat check. The other dude in video is not kerry but howard dean.

[ 10-11-2004: Message edited by: outrider ]

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 04:46 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
talk about sniff...
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2004 04:57 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ewww...
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 10-12-2004 04:30 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the Halliburton/Cheney connection is suspect, and believe the accusations are probably true in light of the companies previous legal record with and without Cheney as CEO.

This page doesn't touch upon the legal aspects too much, but does pose some quesions I wish Cheney would answer.

10 Questions for Dick Cheney

quote:
Heh, I thought most had gotten over that little bit of fantasy. Guess not.

lol... yeah, whatever.

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-12-2004 08:27 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woof!

bad puppy!

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 10-12-2004 09:40 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
lol... yeah, whatever.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. It IS about oil. Bush and Cheney are evil, evil, men. Killing thousands so they and their friends can make a bundle on all that Iraqi oil. Evil. Hey, did you hear about the payoff they gave to Bin Laden for getting this whole thing started? I hear it's a one time payoff of $50,000, not much, granted, but he also gets 20% of all the profits, PLUS royalties on reruns!!! Pretty smart of them to get ol' Binny started way back in the early 90's, to throw us off the track, eh? But we're to smart for that! We know! We KNOW!!

Evil, evil, men. May they burn in hell.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-12-2004 10:24 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
40, you must remember The Matrix was a film cherished by millions of geeks. The premise of which being the actual victims of energy needs and desires of machines gave way to feelings of righteousness in a world where Neo was savior of humanity in its entirety. The concept dug deep and held tight with steady RATM groove. For a few divx'd hours geeks could sit in dark rooms and nod knowingly at the machine(government) doom. Once enlightened they could then choose between the blue and red pill and see just how deep the rabbit hole went along the beltways and highways where integras and eclipses sucked hard upon oily greasy nipples as their drivers, full of coppertop wisdoms, cruised the streets of America content in their knowledge of a spoonless society.

"Did they say why, why they want to terminate my command?"

"I was sent on a classified mission, sir."

"It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?"

"They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound."

"Are my methods unsound?"

"I don't see any method at all, sir."

"I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?'

"I'm a soldier."

"You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-12-2004 11:17 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seriously though 40, it is about oil. I've given it some thought the last few months. Broch was right all along. SO is Mute. How can it not be about oil? Certainly it is also about israel, but oil cannot be forgotten. Without the need for ME oil and the protection of israel, would we really have a "need" to spread democracy throughout the ME?

We need the oil. We'd like to pay for it and gosh darnit wouldn't it be nice if the wealth was spread around throughout the ME building schools and hospitals for the common arabs? But it has never been. And never will be with the current ME structure. But I don't think mute is really too concerned about that, he's more concerned with halliburton, cheney and neo. All the wealth is held by the dictators and royalty of the ME leaving the common arab to fester in poverty and learn preached hatred towards us over the years. Another crappy religion becomes focal point in correcting the wrongs of the west, to make the have nots get even with the haves. So it most certainly has to do with oil in some sense, but bush didn't create this situation and I can even see why the current admin would like to spread democracy throughout the region to make it easier in the future to meet our oil needs. Bush nor kerry can come right out and say that, now can they? They have to talk around it. Or keep the sanctions going like clinton did for eight years.

Housewife Suzy really doesn't want to kill a few arab kids just to fill her Expedition up at the pump, she'd like to see them happy on playgrounds purchased by oil money, getting ready for 4 yrs at Baghdad U, but she needs gas to take her kids to practice. Most common arabs would prefer western oil companies over asian oil companies because while we may be forceful at times, those asian companies are really rude about the whole deal.

The bad thing is, now that the situation has been created, even if we develop an alternative fuel, the mindset of the ME will still demand the west to fix their problems and will point at us as reason they exist whether we still need their oils or not 50 years from now unless the dictators and royal families start doing something to make their sandy regions something more than just about oil.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com