Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Ooooh look what I got....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ooooh look what I got....
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2004 09:28 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought the "entended warranty" from Future Shop on these speakers last year:

Somewhat of a mediocre set of speakers ($250 retail) but they had optical input, which I wanted AND needed. Anyhow, the power plug started to act up so I spoke to a sales rep about it and he said some stuff he shouldn't have....so I came in the next day with my speakers and my "warranty".

After some good acting (I have spent enough time in retail to know it is the sad-dissappointed-calm customer who usually gets 100% satisfaction and the loud-mouthy-rude-abnoxious customer only usually gets 25% satisfaction (they are just given something to get them the fuck out). So, I think I left 100% saisfied with these:

Best $37 I have spent in a long time...got me a brand new $250 upgrade to my existing speakers...all because they were the only ones that had fibre and they claimed their warranty went by features, not value/cost.

[ 09-06-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2004 11:24 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice!

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2004 12:03 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, they rock. Only faults that I can find are that the cables from the front speakers aren't long enough and that the cable from the 'control center' isn't really long enough either.
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 09-06-2004 01:37 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never really liked either one of you

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2004 01:39 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol@dev

Nice job Snag.

Yeah, sad-dissappointed-calm. I know that one too

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 09-06-2004 02:13 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sexy
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2004 12:28 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not only are you a Raptor whore but obviously a speaker whore to boot..

I hate you you bastard! :P

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2004 12:39 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What card is behind the speakers Snag? I got a deal on a ZS Platinum a month ago ($100), so I'm using the optical out on the livedrive for that. Sounds GREAT

And the dedicated speaker jack {like, real jack, not the mini) is awesome too.

Zippy
Sarge
Member # 3027

Rate Member

posted 09-07-2004 01:22 PM     Profile for Zippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fu snag fu
btw quit using onboard sound and get a real sound card!

--------------------

Posts: 94 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-07-2004 03:50 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one time I ordered a #1 at McDonalds (BigMac w/ Fries and a Soda) and they actually gave me a #1 and two McChickens too.

I am telling you guys, it was like winning the lottery.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2004 04:00 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one time at McDonalds they gave us our food and we never paid them. I still wanted a refund.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2004 11:53 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am back from the shutdown now in Mackenzie, British Columbia. Bought a half ounce of BC bud for $90...took home a sizable amount of cash (we shall just say in the thousands) so now I am going to buy me a Audigy 2 tomorrow.

Zippy, for the most part I had no NEED for a better sound card...but now I do. Alon with perhaps 2 more raptors and another gig of ram j/k hehe I need to save some money for Mexico in November...I don't think that lapdances are included in the all inclusive prices and I heard a nasty rumor that rye is an import so it isn't either.

Anyhow....been a long 23 days of minimum 12 hour shifts so I am going to fill my tire (I aparantly have a slow leak), roll a fatty and smoke it...and be at your house Zippy within 30 minutes to show up and smoke your dope too....the genius about that is you will not read this until tomorrow when you are back in front of the internet....SUCKER.

Itsa so good bein'
-Jar Jar Binks

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2004 02:11 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
$90 for 1/2 ounce.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2004 09:47 AM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those speakers are great......Warranties at future shop and best buy are normally a good idea...when i get tired of my current discman i can just throw it at the ground and get a gift certificate from best buy so im quite happy...

Speaking of speakers should I just go with home audio set instead of getting computer speakers.......I know the high end computer speakers are good but i would assume home audio is still better?

--------------------

Hot Women Make Men Buy Beer
Ugly Women Make Men Drink Beer

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2004 10:19 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is a corvette better than a moped?

Hell yeah you get a home theater system. Even though positioning it around your computer is pointless, it still sounds better [or just move your monitor].

The receiver we have at the house cost 4x more than these speakers did. One speaker retails for 2x the price. You usually get what you pay for w/speakers.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com