Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Has anyone mined Bitcoin?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone mined Bitcoin?
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 06-17-2013 09:36 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It took me 5 days to mine .01 BTC or a 'bitcent' in Bitcoin currency with my GPU and 4 CPU cores mining together. As of today, that converts to about 1 dollar in USD. It's not really worth it. I was getting around 90Mhash/s using all 4 of my cores (Phenom II X4 925) at 3.5Ghz. I started using BitMinter and was able to get 350Mhash/s when I brought in my GPU (GTX 660Ti) which uses the 1334 CUDA core. Definitely use your GPU if you mine.

BTW, this is my bitcoin address and QR code if anyone who has some spare bitcoinage lying around and is feeling generous.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 06-17-2013 02:56 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never mined, but my cousin is way into it. Have you looked into Litecoin mining? That seems to have the best bang for your buck right now. It uses your GPU instead of CPU. Radeon 7950s seem to be the best cards to use.

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 06-17-2013 08:35 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool I'm looking into it..Apparently Silk Road and others don't accept Litecoin and its bitcoin exchange rate isn't great. But if mining it is a lot easier, it might be worth the trouble.

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 06-18-2013 07:12 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a new exchange out there that takes litecoin too that my cousin's had some success with.

--------------------

I am.

Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 06-18-2013 11:14 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found this one that can convert Litecoint and 4 or 5 other cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin. It also does USD, EUR, and the Russian Ruble. Then there's TRC (Terra) which I've never heard of before.

https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_btc

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 06-20-2013 02:47 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The marketplace I was thinking of is called Atlantis. I guess it is very similar to silkroad.

--------------------

I am.

Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 06-22-2013 01:11 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see what you're saying now. I found it and you're right, it's like SR and they do take Litecoin. Now I need to find the time again to see if mining LC is easier. Thanks for the tip

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com