Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Who's who of the Lounge - Where are they now? (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Who's who of the Lounge - Where are they now?
The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 09-06-2013 09:16 PM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy.
When you climb all the stairs in the tower and jump out the window...you're back where you started.

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 10-21-2013 03:04 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No time for a long update now, mostly wanted to say hi to you all!

I'm turning 40 soon. Got married in 2007, we lost our first child in 2008 (a boy).....life will never be the same......

Thankfully we finally had a new child last year - another boy and he's my pride and joy. Sadly I don't have much time for gaming anymore - I miss it, but there simple isn't enough time. Good to see you're all still around!

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-05-2013 07:40 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Stranger:
Howdy.
When you climb all the stairs in the tower and jump out the window...you're back where you started.

Yes but with broken legs...

That is difficult Rivendell, I know someone who lost a child, having another and moving on is the way, a gift, a life sent to help you recover.

Divorce sucks but it looks like you are doing fine Cac!

Getting the urge a build a gaming rig, still can't get used to the Xbox controller, still am running the same system Asmo helped me pick out parts for, must be 12 years old?

Glad to see all are well, guess i'm also part of the old guy club, 46 here.

Hi JaY, just because you are married does not prove anything! It's understandable that you do not like me...

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-05-2013 09:30 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there, Fury, The Stranger, Rivendell & Cyborg6!

Riv, I know it's hard get over something like that. So happy to hear about your pride and joy.

Thanks, Aaron. I am so lucky to finally be with the right one this time! She is my best friend, beautiful inside and out, the perfect lover and my soulmate.

She was right here all along!

[ 11-16-2013: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2013 08:01 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really sorry to hear that, Riv. I can't imagine.

Cac, it's slightly shocking to see you so sincere and soft. She must be something.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2013 02:44 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You all got soft in your old age.

I say that while I'm single as hell.

*takes notes*

Edit:

Riv, sorry to hear that. One of my good buddies growing up just lost a child and him and his wife are pretty shaken up about it. Can't really imagine that feeling. Take care.

[ 11-14-2013: Message edited by: Acid ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2013 10:07 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jay, yes she truly is amazing.

If we ever have a board get together like I suggested back when I was living at the lake house...then you will understand :P

--------------------

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-04-2013 05:54 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks all. I really have no words to describe it, I'm not sure my marriage would've survived not having another kid...I know I still grieve deeply.

Take care all!

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2014 03:07 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a horrible dream that this place didn't exist any more. I know that's absurd since I only post once every 2 years but when I thought I could never post here again, it scared me.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-10-2014 06:01 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, still here!
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-15-2014 10:54 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29204518

Congrats, rvr!

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-15-2014 02:22 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing! Yes congrats indeed rvr!

[ 09-15-2014: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-15-2014 03:46 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skål, ta mig fan!

Grattis Markus! Vi är alla mycket stolta över vår broder.

Maybe now that you are not so busy, stop by and say hi.

[ 09-15-2014: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2014 10:43 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way to go Raverfella! You suck.
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2014 06:35 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We need to track him down for some Quake!
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2014 07:36 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I suggested he stop by here some time on Twitter and he seemed to be surprised this place was still here.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2014 10:55 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in. I don't even know how to play Quake 2 on my Mac. I have slipped way off the tech curve...and I was barely on the edge.

Congrats Rvr.

Jay, you two look cute.

:-D

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2014 11:08 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How cool are you?

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2014 12:29 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was OUR Markus? Fantastic, and congratulations are definitely in order!

I guess I should try to revive my old server box again, eh?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2014 02:23 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pay attention Josh! I mean "O".

--------------------

Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 09-19-2014 08:23 AM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm trying to... What did I miss?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-21-2014 03:14 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just teasing you O!

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-22-2014 12:10 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The typical reaction usually is "shock" that this place exists, doesn't matter who you are!
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 09-26-2014 12:57 PM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot believe I actually gave birth to RaverFella... So proud am I.
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 09-27-2014 04:51 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does your vag still ache, Tea?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 10-01-2014 11:02 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did not give birth to him naturally, you silly little monkey. I birthed him like an idea.

Are you still boinking married chicks?

Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2014 10:36 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why? Do you know one?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 10-04-2014 02:24 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good comeback
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 10-09-2014 10:33 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am seriously offended by your attempt to touch my balls.
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2014 01:43 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
I'm in. I don't even know how to play Quake 2 on my Mac. I have slipped way off the tech curve...and I was barely on the edge.

Congrats Rvr.

Jay, you two look cute.

:-D

Thanks man! And re: Quake2 on Mac, you are in luck: https://github.com/jdolan/quake2

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 01-02-2015 05:40 PM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dropping by to say Howdy.
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-20-2015 01:08 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd hate to lose touch with you all, even if we only talk once every few years. If this site every disappears, let's all meet over at http://www.reddit.com/r/quake2 !

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
blunt
Sarge
Member # 1720

Rate Member

posted 08-27-2015 12:49 PM     Profile for blunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone!

I have visited this site a couple times in the past 15(!) years, great to see so many peeps are still here!

I found my way to Force3D after following Wolfie and a few other girls from the Chick click bulletin board, here. Still haven't played Quake, or fragged a midget, but it's great being back here after all these years!

Cac and I got married in a beautiful castle in southern Sweden last week, and we live in Michigan now. Feel blessed to have found my soulmate. :-)

Really enjoyed reading about everyone's lives in this thread. *Bump*ing it back up!

[ 08-27-2015: Message edited by: blunt ]

Posts: 101 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 01-28-2017 10:04 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What! I enabled a wedding! That's awesome! Belated congratulations guys ;D

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-01-2017 02:58 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap.. I can not believe it's butter. And this place is still around?
Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Jakeman
Sarge
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted 01-02-2018 12:50 PM     Profile for The Jakeman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
site still up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMVXX6VEYw

me? I was in high school dabbling with my first web site which contained a UBB forum like this one. I remember playing q3test at local LAN parties on my iMac rev A (bondi). A couple years later I built my first PC which was a 1GHz P3.

i went to college, became a programmer (comp sci), worked online for several years doing online forums, then worked in education doing software dev. Now I am a DBA for a school district.

i still game but not FPS. I am more of a MMO guy. Currently playing vanilla WoW and looking forward to Pantheon.

--------------------

lamo mac boy

Posts: 800 | From: Modesto, California, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 01-27-2018 10:58 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys, it was a surprise that this place was still up and I was able to get my account information to log on again.

Well, I'm sure I was a teen when this place started and I came here and it was just my parent's computer so I don't know much about that rig. After I graduated high school, I went to work as a dishwasher and labourer and I also went to college twice and graduated once. I am now working at a fast food joint.

It's been quite crazy since I had left this forum and I guess it's not getting back up to speed, though I'd like some access to any locked forums, pls if possible. I had written two scripts, as well as created a few amateur comic books too. I look for one day to go to university.

I'll probably check on this forum a few other times just in case other's show up. Woke!

[ 01-27-2018: Message edited by: JoJo ]

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 02-12-2018 04:11 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoJo:
Hey Guys, it was a surprise that this place was still up and I was able to get my account information to log on again.

Well, I'm sure I was a teen when this place started and I came here and it was just my parent's computer so I don't know much about that rig. After I graduated high school, I went to work as a dishwasher and labourer and I also went to college twice and graduated once. I am now working at a fast food joint.

It's been quite crazy since I had left this forum and I guess it's not getting back up to speed, though I'd like some access to any locked forums, pls if possible. I had written two scripts, as well as created a few amateur comic books too. I look for one day to go to university.

I'll probably check on this forum a few other times just in case other's show up. Woke!

[ 01-27-2018: Message edited by: JoJo ]

What's up JoJo!

I still try to visit here once every month or 2. This place will be up for as long as Bini decides to keep it.

Any locked forums that existed here have all been since unlocked so what you see is what you get. Anyways, welcome back!

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 02-16-2018 10:27 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GFKiller:
What's up JoJo!

I still try to visit here once every month or 2. This place will be up for as long as Bini decides to keep it.

Any locked forums that existed here have all been since unlocked so what you see is what you get. Anyways, welcome back!

Oh cool. Well just wanted to thank you and see if this board was still up and it was very surprising to find that there was a topic with TONS of updates on people!

Just a month ago or so, I was playing a VR version of quake 3 arena (some open source game). It reminded me of the times ICQing other board members and playing on servers that other members suggested. Loved the grappling hook games and CTF. Quake 2-3 are still very great games today.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 04-13-2019 10:37 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy New Year, Everyone!

Can't believe.....20+ years ago......feelin' old.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com