Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Ancient History?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient History?
HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 02-05-2008 07:45 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did anybody around here keep any archives from the old blue board, or any of the really early posts here? The stuff I see only goes back to 2000, but I think we were here before that right? Just like reading stuff from way back

P.S. Hello again everybody...just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and kickin'
http://www.BobsPlanet.net

--------------------

http://www.BobsPlanet.net

Posts: 804 | From: St.Louis MO, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-05-2008 09:31 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only piece of memoribilia I have is the Q2 demo of Cac and Steph's wedding...

We were here before 2000, but remember the [R]ailgun fiasco? I remember the lounge was made private and then made public again. I think during the transition back to public, the board was lost and we all had to re-register...

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2008 09:38 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
The only piece of memoribilia I have is the Q2 demo of Cac and Steph's wedding...

We were here before 2000, but remember the [R]ailgun fiasco? I remember the lounge was made private and then made public again. I think during the transition back to public, the board was lost and we all had to re-register...

Didn't he end up being an alright guy in the end too?

I missed all of the reasons we left Force3D. I know he basically turned it into an anime den, but I showed up one day and everyone was like 'back to q3a!'

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2008 12:19 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember, TheKiller pointing me in this direction. He's doing fine the last I spoke with him. (we used to be neighbours)

That was when the lounge was still private. I seem to remember that it was an upgrade to a newer version of UBB that went south - and that caused us to need to re-register.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2008 07:24 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhm. Wasn't it that Asmodean's wife ran off with Oicu812, therefore making F3D kind of a volatile place? Or was that just an interesting side story?

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-06-2008 07:58 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the Asmo/Oicu812 deal but I think that all went down before we came back here.

--------------------

I am.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2008 09:09 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
Uhm. Wasn't it that Asmodean's wife ran off with Oicu812, therefore making F3D kind of a volatile place? Or was that just an interesting side story?

Wow, I did miss some drama. I had no idea.

Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2008 11:10 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys it's nice to see everyone still kicking about

I remember being on the blue boards for about a week before getting really bored with it for some reason(!) I haven't really been on message boards since this place and Estronet

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 02-23-2008 10:49 AM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy folks.

about the 'running off business'

I thought it was:

OICU WANTED to run off with her..but she ended up running off with someone else's brother who was some sort of trailer park repairman or something...

ugly scene then..almost humorous in retrospect. Asmo took a figurative kick in the teeth though...

wonder what happened to the offspring of THAT repairman/ex-wife union... Never mind, I don't want to know.

Stranger

Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 02-23-2008 09:53 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I lost touch with Colin. Used to hang out with him at times. But that was a while ago.

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 03-18-2008 04:59 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Stranger:
OICU WANTED to run off with her..but she ended up running off with someone else's brother who was some sort of trailer park repairman or something...

I remember hearing that she did run off with OICU812... but that was a while back, my memory could be off.

Aren't there web archive sites that might still have stuff from force3d and the old board here?

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 03-21-2008 12:16 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting, Stranger. This all goes back so long ago, and I really tried to mind my business with all of that stuff.. so I very well could be mistaken as to what happened.

Her name (or handle?) was Brandy, right? Slutz 8-)

--------------------

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 03-24-2008 12:46 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know she did in fact run off with O~ - I even seem to recall hearing she married him (possibly directly from O~ himself)....

Brandy it was.

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-10-2008 11:17 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crazy. I liked O a lot, too. Eh.. life's fucked up.

Hey look, a screenshot!

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-14-2008 07:47 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's funny. I was talking with a buddy of mine, and he mentioned something about Q2World. I was like "I know that guy!"

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-15-2008 09:52 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, that's awesome! =)

--------------------

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 04-16-2008 05:02 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I r here!

Hey all! I'm doing pretty good! I got a new job and I get to work from home 3 days a week! The job is only 40 minutes away by bus too! I'm a web developer.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 04-18-2008 03:04 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's killer, TheKiller !

--------------------

I am.

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 04-23-2008 05:52 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
way to go thekiller

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com