Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » UT3?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UT3?
HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 01-07-2008 05:23 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey folks...

Anyone here into Unreal Tournament 3? I bought a PS3 and I decided to stop hunching over the keyboard and start using the controller to play, and I'm really getting good with it. UT3 has a feature to disallow keyboard and mouse players from your game, but I don't even use that anymore. It's a blast to just sit back in my comfy chair and whoop people on my bigscreen.

--------------------

http://www.BobsPlanet.net

Posts: 804 | From: St.Louis MO, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2008 08:44 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
unreal

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-07-2008 09:12 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Call me old fashioned but I'm going with Keyboard + Mouse all the way...

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2008 01:14 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm all about Call of Duty 4 on 360 (of course when Live is actually working).

But I'll never feel as comfortable with a controller as I do with keyboard and mouse.

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 01-07-2008 02:16 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been hopelessly addicted to Team Fortress 2 lately. I play with the good folks over at www.gamerswithjobs.com, if anyone is interested in joining me ;-)

[ 01-07-2008: Message edited by: Serengeti ]

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-07-2008 03:32 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GFKiller:
I'm all about Call of Duty 4 on 360 (of course when Live is actually working).

But I'll never feel as comfortable with a controller as I do with keyboard and mouse.

I have that for PS3. Its god damned awesome.

BTW Hammer, you can hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse to your PS3 and play UT3 with it.

Also, whats your PSN name? I'm kakwvu

HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2008 08:03 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My PSN name is Chief_Slap-a-Ho.

I much prefer the controller. When I find somebody that can actually beat me, keyboard or not, I'll change my mind Many have tried, many have failed.

I will sit back in my comfy chair and hurl rockets with the big dogs

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2008 10:47 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COD4 on PC.

I don't think my machine can even run UT3

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2008 04:50 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is PSN down? I can't sign in.
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-09-2008 04:22 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
Call me old fashioned but I'm going with Keyboard + Mouse all the way...

Agreed. I can't be all twitchy with a controller, too slow!

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2008 07:13 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't think I would like it either, but you get used to it. At least its a level playing field [if you choose so in UT3, every other game is].
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2008 10:16 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lets play quake 2~!

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2008 03:06 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to mention TF2. Also an addict to that game as well.
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2008 04:40 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GFKiller:
Also an addict to that game as well.

This statement brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2008 12:14 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
UT3 runs like a dog on my machine unless I set the res to 640x480. Everything else is at max.

Sure looks purdy, and I don't really notice the low res much when I'm twitching around firing rockets at those insane fucking bots. HDR-rendered FPS gaming, :drool: (and the biorifle shots looks absolutely sweet now, even if they still don't do shit)

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2008 04:28 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HAMMER:
My PSN name is Chief_Slap-a-Ho.

Not nice. You declined me.

HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 01-15-2008 01:29 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry Acid, I didn't know it was you.

What is your name PSN?

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2008 09:11 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
kakwvu
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-15-2008 10:31 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cawkwvu.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 01-16-2008 06:26 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK...request me again, and I'll add you, or if I remember, I'll add you.

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com