Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Halo 3!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halo 3!!!
RagingBITCH
Sarge
Member # 68

Rate Member

posted 09-27-2007 04:54 PM     Profile for RagingBITCH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone here play Halo 3? Or have a 360?

I admit, I'm still a big nerd - waited in line Monday night for the game, took off Tuesday from work to play it. This game is awesome...definitely has a Halo 1'ish feel to it.

If anyone is up for some games on Live, feel free to add me: "Big Asian Sxy" (don't ask) :P

Posts: 2628 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-27-2007 06:21 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry, I have SCHOOL. lol, man it sucks to say that. Otherwise I'd still game 24/7/365.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-28-2007 08:32 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I played it over at a friends house. I was pretty impressed with the graphics on his 50 something inch TV - it didn't seem stretched at all.

Call me old fashioned, but a console controller is no match against the mouse and keyboard!

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2007 01:29 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
I played it over at a friends house. I was pretty impressed with the graphics on his 50 something inch TV - it didn't seem stretched at all.

Call me old fashioned, but a console controller is no match against the mouse and keyboard!

It isn't.

And here is to hoping that UT for the PS3 allows for use of keyboard/mouse (via bluetooth)

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2007 02:19 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
halo 3 is the rad shitt.
i fricken suck but have a fun time playing it.

this will be my next toy. http://www.acecombatsix.com/

[ 09-28-2007: Message edited by: grumpy ]

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2007 12:48 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HL2: episode 1 was $20 and had more content than this $60 halo2 expansion pack. and halo2 sucked.

no thanks.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2007 04:35 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Halo.. it's like Quake for people with Down's Syndrome.

Seriously, the only thing about Halo that I could ever find entertaining would be to watch some self-proclaimed Halo champ get utterly raped by an average Quake player in his beloved n00bsauce shooter. Ghey.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2007 11:24 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i suck pretty bad and i'm damned sure i could own any halo player at any version of quake or UT.
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-01-2007 07:08 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think, if you were both given a KB and mouse, you could own them in Halo, too.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-01-2007 04:09 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hell, spend an hour learning the xbox controller. You just have to get used to the timing.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 10-02-2007 12:45 AM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought it on day 1, but I've been too damned busy with the team fortress 2 beta to play it for more than 20 mins!
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RagingBITCH
Sarge
Member # 68

Rate Member

posted 10-02-2007 05:30 PM     Profile for RagingBITCH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RoGuE - you sound like every other console hater :P It's all about learning how to use the controller. Just because you get pwn3d left and right because you don't know how to use one doesn't mean it sucks compared to a KB/M.

It'll never have quite that accuracy but I'll take playing on a 46" HDTV than 2 feet away from a screen on my "uber water cooled Pentium 69 Extreme Edition".

Posts: 2628 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2007 12:25 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh. . . 69

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2007 01:27 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RagingBITCH:
RoGuE - you sound like every other console hater :P It's all about learning how to use the controller. Just because you get pwn3d left and right because you don't know how to use one doesn't mean it sucks compared to a KB/M.

It'll never have quite that accuracy but I'll take playing on a 46" HDTV than 2 feet away from a screen on my "uber water cooled Pentium 69 Extreme Edition".

At least you can look back and say you weren't good with a KB/M either!

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2007 06:08 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've actually never played any of the Halo games. I have watched a few DM rounds, tho. I felt like I was watching the Special Olympics.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-04-2007 11:46 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have it. I neither love it nor hate it. I've always thought the big sweeping sidestep the elites and brutes do is one of the stupidest things ever and the enemies were better when other games had them as skaarj and headcrabs. I will say I've always liked the music in the series. It's refreshing to hear not only an original orchestral score, but a real orchestra instead of synthesizers playing it, too. The multiplayer in it has never been my cup of tea. q2 and UT offered far better play years ahead of any of the halo games. I hate thumbsticks. I've been playing on shooters on consoles for several years and I've never been able to find the right balance of fine tuning and quick turning to be able to play effectively. (FWIW, when halo 1 came out for PC, there was only one player in the pool of about 200-300 on my campus network that could ever beat me, and even then, it was usually neck-and-neck. On thumbsticks, I don't stand a chance against probably 70 percent of the online players. I miss my 95th percentile ranking on ngworldstats.=D)

eh. it is what is.

If anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is ExaltedDuck.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2007 03:43 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy, please consider playing Q2W with us :>

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com