Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » She's gone.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She's gone.
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2007 03:27 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For any of you guys that remember that picture of my kitty, Squeaky, sitting on top of monitor, I have some bad news. She's gone. It was kind of shock because she'd seemed so young for so long. It wasn't until about a year ago that she really began noticably slowing down, and even then, she still didn't have much of a problem getting around. But then it was like she hit a brick wall. She started refusing food and water early this week, and when we took her in, the vet said it was probably intestinal cancer and the lack of food and water had sent her liver and kidneys into failure. She didn't have much of a chance... So last night, at the age of 16 1/2, we had her put down.

She was the most faithful and affectionate companion I could ever imagine having. She will be truly and deeply missed.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2007 12:47 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that dude. . .

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 07-16-2007 12:59 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sux. Not sure how I will react when my cat goes.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2007 01:25 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
16 1/2? That is insane. Sorry to hear about that. Not sure what I would do without my puppy and I've only had him for 6 months.
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2007 03:13 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[loot?]

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2007 08:41 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy sorry to hear about your cat. 16 years is not bad for a cat but it's always tough.

Right now our cats Star and Spitfire are 7 and 6 respectfully. Steph wants to get a a kitten so all of our cats won't reach old age at the same time. Meaning they will pass on in phases. Kinda weird thought but realistic I suppose.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2007 03:58 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for your loss, WT. Sounds like your kitty maybe had the same thing as ours back in 2000 - intestinal cancer. We took her to the vet because she seemed to have lost weight (that was the only symptom) and he basically said that, if we wanted, we could decide to have her put down right then and there. We elected to get a second opinion and took her to Tufts in Grafton, MA (a good vet). They operated but it didn't change anything. Her fur didn't even grow back. After waiting for a few weeks I took her to the vet to be put to sleep. One of the saddest days of my life.

[ 07-20-2007: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2007 09:28 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, WillyT. Losing pets is hard. I just found a kitten for Kelly's birthday a couple months ago, and we're both in love with the little guy. They really end up playing a pretty big part in your life.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 07-21-2007 04:16 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, WillyT. Losing a dear pet can in some ways be like losing a close human friend.

Maybe get another pet to love? I think that's what a lot of people do. Sorry for your loss too, Cac & Steph.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com