Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Dog tips?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dog tips?
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 03-23-2007 10:15 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got a puppy. He's half pitbull half boxer. He is a tiny little fella right now, but I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how I should raise him. All we had back home were beagles, so they were a little bit easier to contain.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 03-24-2007 02:22 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would suggest be firm; not mean, but definitely set limits and make sure he knows when he crosses them. Part of the problem with Pitbulls is that they have these built in triggers; they may or may not be a factor here, but you want to minimize their effect by teaching your puppy behavior limitations.

Oh, and you'll need to post pics.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 03-24-2007 11:51 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 03-25-2007 02:28 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*mutters some incoherent baby talk*

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 03-25-2007 07:18 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Train him for the ring. Good prize money...

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 03-26-2007 02:59 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
get dat money
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 03-26-2007 04:28 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watch the Dog Whisperer on NG. I don't have a dog but I like to watch it from time to time. I know the show is edited but he really seems to be able to get through to dogs.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com