Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » SPAM - Breast Cancer Research 3Day Walk

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SPAM - Breast Cancer Research 3Day Walk
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 03-07-2007 04:43 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Guys.

I'm doing this in August this year. Here's my official webpage. It's pretty barren right now because I just set it up the afternoon.
http://www.the3day.org/boston07/hibsmax

Help if you can and don't feel bad if you can't.

Cheers, Max

[ 03-07-2007: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-05-2007 03:45 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just bumping this up to the top again in case people are sitting at their computers scratching their heads wondering what to do with that spare money they found recently.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-02-2007 05:42 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I start the walk tomorrow at 6am so that doesn't give you guys much time to donate.

Hey, I even bleached my hair and dyed it cotton candy pink for the occasion. Surely that's worth something?

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-07-2007 03:52 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Completed the event on Sunday. It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be but managed to escape with only some aches and pains (no blisters!!!). Even though it's over, you can still contribute. Perhaps now that I've actually done it people might be less skeptical.

Pictures Here

[ 08-07-2007: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-10-2007 03:51 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Local millionaire's ex-wife has an annual fund raiser for breast cancer that runs for an entire week. We do 'celebrity bartending' at my restaurant which includes anything from old bartenders to locals to regular friends. All tips go to the foundation and this year we ran a drink for $3 and all money generated off of it went as well. Apparently we quadrupled last year's donations at our store. Looks good for the rest of the events too.
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-10-2007 10:52 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm planning on doing it next year as well and I hope to be more prepared. I've heard of lots of people using fundraisers to loosen people's wallets so I might try something like that e.g. a party at my house. It's tough though and I don't really want to spend more money trying to get other people to give money. I would be as well sponsoring myself (which I did anyway) in that case.

My wife's mother said she has read that people in New England are especially tight with cash when it comes to this sort of thing, when compared to the rest of the US. I don't know where she got that from but I certainly found it difficult to attract contributions from people I don't know. In fact, out of all the contributions I did get (48), only 2 were from people I don't know - 1 is a neighbour of my inlaws, the other I really have no clue about. The most disappointing aspect of it all for me was the members of my own family who didn't contribute, nor did they even acknowledge the fact that I was doing the event.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com