Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » hay guys i'm going back to school.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hay guys i'm going back to school.
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 11-17-2006 10:37 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in january. at NADC. it's a year program, and it's going to put me in severe debt.

but i'm looking to graduate not only with my papers from there but with my master technician certification.

in the meantime, i am working at circuit city selling computers. once the holidays are over, i switch to part time and am going to move to the tech department (fixing/installing instead of just working the sales floor).

i'm quite happy with how shit is going atm. be happy, freaks.

what's new with everyone else? you know, since there's like one thread a month here.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 11-17-2006 10:43 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey burble,

Long time no see.

After 10 years I'm finally getting out of the Air force. Still married after two or is it three years? Working my ass off in web promotion and real estate and doing pretty well with it. Just took in my 29 year old brother in law about three months ago. Put him through real estate school and he just got his license which should give me more time off. I'm taking the whole month of January off to go skiing at Tahoe to make up for not taking a day off for the last eight months.

What has everyone else been up to?

Whats this I hear about Cy and rain barrels?

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2006 12:07 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Join the club Burb, -$12k and counting. In all seriousness, good on ya for going back

I'm guessing this thread is a "what's up with you"

Well, I'm having a shitty fucking semester. My grades are fucking tanked and I can't get out of the rut and it's beginning to piss me off. (Like A's to C's pissed off, thankfully only in the math courses).

Outside of the school stuff I'm doing okay.

[ 11-18-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2006 02:10 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Join the club Burb, -$12k and counting. In all seriousness, good on ya for going back

I'm guessing this thread is a "what's up with you"

Well, I'm having a shitty fucking semester. My grades are fucking tanked and I can't get out of the rut and it's beginning to piss me off. (Like A's to C's pissed off, thankfully only in the math courses).

Outside of the school stuff I'm doing okay.

[ 11-18-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

Thats how my life is going right now. I went from Bs to Cs, but they're all questionable. I needed to get As too. I can't seem to get a grip on my focus.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2006 04:36 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not having a problem with any assignments or studying, or understanding the material. I just can't, for the life of me, do well on an exam or test. It's not test anxiety, the last one I wrote I felt really good about, only to get fucking shafted.

/thread jack over.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2006 05:30 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got talked into doing a Masters by my Mom the other night, so that's where I'm going next year. I can't seem to focus either...

on the other hand my mom's bribed me into doing a masters by telling me that if I do decide to go to China and study Wushu over the summer I can.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2006 07:08 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me, I've been unemployed since early october. I interviewed for a position at a local community college as a lab technician, not realizing that it would involve actual teaching. Which would be cool to me but I don't think I did too well in the interview. I'd like to go get a master's but I'm going to have to get through a GRE first. So I probably won't be able to start until the '08-'09 year. And I'm applying to the california DOJ for a criminalist poistion. Hopefully that will go better than the community college thing did. I'm also starting to more seriously consider leaving california. The choices for housing are either to throw almost everything into rental (1200-1600/month for most one-bed apartments around here), get married to try to buy a house (nothing under 550-600 in a semi-respectable neighborhood around here), or go live out in the boonies somewhere where it's too far to commute to civilization for a decent job. Of course, the most reasonable choice I've found so far would be somewhere in texas but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to do that.

[ 11-18-2006: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 11-19-2006 10:37 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those real estate prices are out of control. A friend of mine works as a lab technician he just moved out to Phoenix.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com