Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » I love my new job!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love my new job!
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 10-23-2006 11:36 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started working at a Pizza place in the evenings a few weeks ago so I can start putting away money... to channel Ed Grimely, "I must say", this job rules. Because my boss goes home at 2pm, and because I don't need the job, I get to be as much of an asshole to customers as I want.
Example from saturday:
This trashy as hell lady and her husband came in and sat down at one of the tables.
We dont' wait on people; we've got a line of slices or they can come up and order at the counter. Either way I'm not moving. They sat there for like 5 minutes expecting me to come over, but i was just staring at them from the register, finally, the guy goes to the bathroom and the lady comes up with an obvious look of disdane on her face asking "So... we just serve our selves?".
I pause, look at her, look at the pizza slices behind a glass wall, look back to her, look at the wall, look at the slices, and back to her, and reply "YEAH."

She's dumbfounded for a moment.

"Here, I'll give you my apron and you can make the pizza"
"..."
"..."
"I'll wait for my husband then we'll decide"
"You do that"

They left a little while later and I was really happy. Normally I'm not like that to random customers, but this lady was straight out of Jerry Springer, smelled really bad, and I just plain didn't want to deal with her.

It's even better with the drunk crowd. We're open Friday/Saturday until 3am, and being in Downtown Royal Oak (the new happenin spot for Detroit hipsters I guess), we get a lot of drunkards. Friday night we made over $120 in our tip jar because people didn't realize they gave us $20 bills. I'm not complaining.

Same night we had a group of guys almost start a fight. Someone decked a guy and knocked him out of his chair backwards. My best friend works with me, he's got an anger problem and loves getting into fights. He was working the ovens that night, but as soon as I heard the chair hit the ground I looked up to see him ready to go, with a chesire grin across his face.

The fight didn't happen though; someone figured out how to turn on the jukebox that we normally kept unplugged. I forgot what they put on, but the entire place started singing and dancing. Girls were on the tables and I couldn't shout to my co-workers, much less take any orders. Which was okay, because the guys fighting were holding up the line.

One of them decided he wanted a slice of pizza.
"I'm sorry, back of the line."
"What? Dude, that's not cool, I've been waiting here..."
"Yeah, and you almost started a fight, get to the back of the line"
"Did you just see what happened? I wasn't pa..."
"BACK OF THE LINE! NEXT!"

It was fun

Every time the Tigers have been playing we've had people come in giving us beer too, it's been awesome. The bar crowd can be so amusing that we're seriously considering installing a webcam.

[ 10-23-2006: Message edited by: Scooby ]

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 10-23-2006 04:45 PM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL omg Scooby! Party On dude

--------------------

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-23-2006 06:14 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I so want to try to get scooby to wait on me.

I usually go to our schools in Ferndale and Hazel Park on Fridays which is right down the road from Royal Oak.

Any hints to which pizza place?

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-23-2006 09:36 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahahah Scooby is Randall Graves

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 11-01-2006 08:36 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's Pizza Paesano's on Washington between 4th and 5th streets.

If I'm working, I'm easy to spot: I'm the one with the long hair and facial piercings.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com