next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » chemist for hire

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chemist for hire
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 02:28 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, I got laid yesterday. er... laid off.

Anyone in need of the services of a mad scientist? Or even just irritable?

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 04:09 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Either way, you got fucked.

Have you thought of applying as a lab sup or something at a community or city college? You don't necessarily need grad degrees for that (I don't know if you have a grad degree or not)

[ 10-10-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 04:10 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come to think of it, I have been looking for a chemist to cut cocaine for me. Interested? lol
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 04:12 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Remember, baking soda, not baking powder. You don't want people to have muffins growing out of their noses.

[ 10-10-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 05:09 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm having a shitty week too. My car has done all but stopped running (its a few miles away). And I may as well be laid off because I can't afford to fix this pile of shit.
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-10-2006 05:09 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha.

nah, the company I was at sucked. they had record sales in august, in september news hit that the owner was buying a chemical supply and handling company to distribute our stuff and handle the following waste management and liability at our customers' sites, and in october laid off almost 10% of our employees. On the news of the purchase, we were told that we'd lost several sales contact. But the contracts were all so small that they cost us to fill rather than bringing in profit. But somehow among the purchase of this other company (to which we're expected to undercut the competition in supplying our stuff to them to supply to the manufacturers that use it), we've entered into a budget crisis following the third record breaking sales months in the past year.

hmm...

anyway, it's a good thing. that place sucked. I've been meaning to apply to other places for months now anyway. now I just have to. (but I'm kicking myself because some of the better prospectsI've seen in the past few weeks are no longer listed)

[ 10-10-2006: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2006 11:15 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would you be willing to come to the East coast?
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-11-2006 03:21 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't do it. Or, don't come to New England at least. The culture shock would likely kill you. People around here are assholes.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-12-2006 09:30 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
Don't do it. Or, don't come to New England at least. The culture shock would likely kill you. People around here are assholes.

Stop looking in the mirror and maybe you won't feel that way.

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-14-2006 03:09 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my willingness to relocate would be related to the quality of the offer, both in terms of job duties and compensation. In short, I wouldn't rush into it, but it wouldn't be completely out of the question.

As for the people, no prob. I am culture shock incarnated. I don't fit in *anywhere*. =D Nah, really, having grown up in OC and gone to school in santa barbara, I've pretty much seen it all... the best and worst of all classes of people...

--------------------

signature

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 10-23-2006 11:23 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could use a chemist. We'll mostly be making things explode. Also, I can only pay you in shelter and pizza. But it's damn good pizza to be sure!
Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-24-2006 02:57 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Making stuff explode is like the leading reason why people become chemists.

--------------------

signature

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-24-2006 04:35 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's why I considered chemistry for a while.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com