next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Quake 2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quake 2
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 09-09-2006 07:14 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, sorry for posting this again but I have brain like a seive or is that sieve...or siv? I dunno.

Jay, do you have a server that is up all the time or that uses the same address all the time that I can bookmark somewhere? I really, really, really would like to get a game of Q2 sometime. I would prefer to use the old / original DM maps because I kinda remember what they look like but it's been a while.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-09-2006 07:58 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Duuuuude, sweeeeeet Yea the server is up all the time, jdolan.dyndns.org:27910. Read a little more here.

As for the map rotation, it's a pretty well-balanced mix of old favorites and top-notch new stuff. I think if you give Jester's maps a shot you'll be glad you did. To be honest, I don't know them all that well either - they're just that good, and Jester's such a nice guy, that I couldn't leave them out. I'm sure ztn and retinal's maps would be familiar to you.

Couple tips..

Use a modern client like R1Q2 or EGL. R1Q2 lives at http://r1ch.net. Newer clients run better, look better, are more secure, and allow you to use my retexture pak. I'd recommend Quetoo, but I do not yet have a Windows build to offer.

Download the maps and install them ahead of time. Not sure if you remember how slow in-game downloads are. It can be painful.

If you become bored with the stock sounds, this sound pak is worth a few laughs.

That is all for now

[ 09-09-2006: Message edited by: RoGuEBiTcH ]

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-10-2006 12:01 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I seriously need to Quake with you guys. Don't hit me Jay!
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-10-2006 06:34 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*SLAP*

It'll be punishment enough when I shut you out on dm1. Ohh snap.

No, seriously.. I'm riding TFC (The Flatest Century) today - 100 miles, I'm aiming to do it in about 4.5 hours, 22-23mph average. So if I do play tonight, in fact if I do anything at all tonight, it will be half-assed But I'm up for some frags w/fags 2nite.

--------------------

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 09-11-2006 09:53 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get online... now!
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2006 11:21 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have Q2. WTF.
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-12-2006 12:46 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
I don't have Q2. WTF.

Just get out

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2006 07:35 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acid, I sent you Q2 like 6 months ago. Did you lose it? Boner!

--------------------

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2006 07:36 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ser, the mailing list works a lot better to get games going. There are some 30 subscribers who all play on the server from time to time. Only a handful of them are posters here.

--------------------

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 09-28-2006 09:28 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, but I can't be bothered to figure out st6uff like that when I'm druckin funk!
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com