Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Vista Beta Available for Public Consumption

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vista Beta Available for Public Consumption
Snaggles
Sarge
Member # 3237

Rate Member

posted 06-08-2006 03:45 PM     Profile for Snaggles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Not like people here weren't hitting the torrents for it before anyway

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 06-08-2006 07:09 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
am i the only one who thinks installing a beta version of windows is possibly the most retarded thing one could ever do?
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 06-08-2006 07:32 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its a beta. The implication is that you don't use it as your day to day operating system. I tested XP on a 20gb drive I had when it was in beta stages. Now the smallest I have is my 74gb raptor which is my OS drive. Won't be testing this one.
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2006 12:18 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, burble. You are not

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2006 03:39 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even I have to agree about installing a beta OS.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2006 02:59 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
am i the only one who thinks installing a beta version of windows is possibly the most retarded thing one could ever do?

If anyone is stupid enough to install a Beta OS on a their day-to-day machine, then they might be retarded. I don't think I am alone when I say that I have a couple of machines and one of them is used solely for, well, nothing really. It's just an extra in case there is a household squabble for PC-time. I would certainly install a Beta OS on a second machine.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2006 07:49 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I sold my second machine.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 06-10-2006 05:12 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to see what it does and if its worth buying when it comes out. Also, I'd like to play with developing for it and see what kinds of neat crap you can do, poke around and see if it still uses Win32.

I guess you'd have to be a programmer to understand. That includes you too, Roguey.

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com