next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » TPB Is Down

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TPB Is Down
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 05-31-2006 12:00 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.thepiratebay.org

Looks like the Swedish Police finally did something about his antics. However, unless they decide to change Swedish law, this is nothing but due process. God knows when the servers will be back up though.

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 05-31-2006 12:51 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Notice how the bandwidth drops after The Pirate Bay goes offline.
http://stats.autonomica.se/mrtg/sums/Stockholm_GE.html

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 05-31-2006 01:43 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who the heck is the pirate bay?>

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 05-31-2006 03:37 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only the largest Internet seller of Rum!

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 05-31-2006 03:51 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn shame, that's where I got all my TV...

Well, not like there aren't other torrent sites around.

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 05-31-2006 07:42 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Serengeti:
Damn shame, that's where I got all my TV...

Well, not like there aren't other torrent sites around.

What else do you use? Always looking for good sites.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 05-31-2006 10:03 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
torrentspy sucks as a site, but it has lots lots of content, usually well-seeded.

i get a shitton of music through there. not a lot of sites would have had whole discographies for unknown artists and stuff like cd's in FLAC (i just got opeth's last 4 or 5 releases in FLAC- it's awesomesauce).

[ 05-31-2006: Message edited by: burble ]

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 06-01-2006 12:11 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FLAC is for crazy insane audiophiles. Therefore Burble is insane.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-01-2006 05:55 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not for or against your activities, but is it really a good idea to openly admit to stuff on a public forum?

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-01-2006 10:02 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I killed my neighbor today because he got dirt on my sidewalk.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 06-02-2006 01:11 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mininova.org is really good for tv shows and such.

tpb will be back up. he has already moved servers from what i've read. dumb europolice.

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 06-06-2006 02:37 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
I'm not for or against your activities, but is it really a good idea to openly admit to stuff on a public forum?

All I download are TV shows that I've missed for one reason or another, ie. Family Guy cause it's on at the same time as Desperate Housewives and my TiVo is a single-tuner model. I've never downloaded a movie, an it's honestly been years since I last downloaded an MP3, thanks to Sirrius.

As far as I'm concerned, downloading TV shows is no different than asking a friend to loan me the copy he recorded to tape. If the networks want to take me to court for that, so be it.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 06-06-2006 03:38 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
ie. Family Guy cause it's on at the same time as Desperate Housewives

how many men have you had sex with this week?

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 06-07-2006 11:09 AM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
how many men have you had sex with this week?

Quoth the unmarried one ;-)

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 06-07-2006 11:14 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so you're saying you really are a desperate housewife?

...wanna go get a drink sometime?

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 06-07-2006 10:51 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry burb, the correct response would have been:

quote:

TV shows that I've missed for one reason or another, ie. Family Guy cause it's on at the same time as Desperate Housewives and my TiVo is a single-tuner model.

[ 06-07-2006: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 06-08-2006 01:01 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Discussions about illegal activity go on everywhere without any repercussions. Why should this be any different? We're talking about torrents -- a God send for the stressed backbones of the Internet.

However, it’s a different story if the illegal activity is blatantly occurring here. (Meaning, this site is a direct host for the questionable files or "safe-haven" for a group with the purposes of piracy and we all know it isn't and will never be. I wouldn't allow it.) If that were the case, then I would take the appropriate actions to cease the questionable activity and inform the individuals involved that it will not be tolerated in any form.

Torrents aren't illegal. Torrent searching websites aren't illegal (even the ones that provide links to pirated torrents, because they aren't hosting the files [however, the special interest groups always find the right monkey to grease to just bypass the law and scare site owners with their long and expensive legal battles; don't you just love the capitalist strong-arm tactics. You could be completely justified and win the initial case, but we all know it never stops there because of this country's ridiculous allowance of numerous appeals. How can the little guy win? It’s impossible.]) In fact, I obtain many files legally through torrent sites because the availability and bandwidth far exceeds a direct download from a site that gets hammered or throttles bandwidth.

And finally, the first amendment gives us the right to talk about it.

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 06-08-2006 02:12 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
so you're saying you really are a desperate housewife?

...wanna go get a drink sometime?

Ooh, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this day!!!

(No, what I meant is that the wife insists that Desperate Housewives be recorded, and because I enjoy sex, I comply :-))

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-08-2006 08:19 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with you GFK, but do you honestly think that the RIAA and MPAA are at all concerned with your rights?

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 06-09-2006 10:53 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AW: I could care less. Just because they don't care about my rights, doesn't mean I'm going to bow out because of that reason.

Makes me want to fight them more.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com