next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » A Few Photos from Today

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Few Photos from Today
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-06-2006 06:13 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-06-2006 06:49 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice shot of that Starling.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-06-2006 11:50 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Nice shot of that Starling.

Thanks, do you watch birds? I recently picked up a North American Field Guide for birds (Eastern Region) . So that I could know what birds I was taking pictures of. My girlfriend makes fun of me because of this

[ 04-06-2006: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 04-07-2006 08:21 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mynameisxanthan:
[QB]My girlfriend makes fun of me because of this [QB]

Rightfully so!

j/k

Nice photos btw. I like the old truck one quite a bit.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-07-2006 11:43 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Rightfully so!

j/k

Nice photos btw. I like the old truck one quite a bit.

I know, I know...it *is* pretty uncool.

Thanks for posting and glad you liked the truck picture.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 04-07-2006 03:18 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know you know I was j/k.

Doing something just to be cool, is uncool!

You have to remember some of my hobbies like gardening and making salsa. Pretty dorky.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-07-2006 06:56 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, and one of my hobbies involves reading slashdot, and posting on Fark. I also enjoy discussing the philosophy of collected works of Joss Whedon. I'm never going to be in any position to cast stones at geeks.

I don't watch brids as a hobby per se. I DID spend a lot of time around birders when I lived on Vancouver Island, because they new where all the best spots were for taking pictures. I picked up a few things I guess. Although, I always saw the most starlings at the landfill.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-11-2006 11:44 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Took a couple more today. I figured I would just stick them in this thread since I've started like a million of these threads and interest seems to be minimal

Northern Cardinal - Cardinalis cardinalis

Pete!

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-12-2006 05:47 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stick to birds. That's quality.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-12-2006 07:59 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice Cardinal.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 04-13-2006 09:31 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Petey bird! OMG ITS HEAD FELL OFF

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-13-2006 10:28 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WillyTrombone:
Petey bird! OMG ITS HEAD FELL OFF

Lets tape it back on

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 04-13-2006 11:55 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to fly to WV just to steal your camera.

Oh, and your blog should allow ANONYMOUS COMMENTS!

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-18-2006 11:53 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 04-19-2006 12:16 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm upset that the SD700 is not available yet. Available in April my ass.
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-19-2006 11:41 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
I'm upset that the SD700 is not available yet. Available in April my ass.

I would reccomend eitehr B&H Photo for Beach Camera for buying new camera stuff. Both of them have good prices and their service is awesome.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-19-2006 07:33 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[ 04-19-2006: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-20-2006 10:29 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard good things about B&H and I live in Canada.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-25-2006 03:38 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[ 04-26-2006: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

crash
Sarge
Member # 3015

Rate Member

posted 04-26-2006 05:32 PM     Profile for crash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The old truck photo and the bourbon photos are my favourites, Xan. Great use of depth of field in the whisky photo. What kind of lenses do you have?

--------------------

Posts: 86 | From: Victoria | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-26-2006 09:26 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crash:
The old truck photo and the bourbon photos are my favourites, Xan. Great use of depth of field in the whisky photo. What kind of lenses do you have?

Thanks Crash, I shot the whisky with my cheapo 55-200mm Nikor. Its a decent lense, the auto focus is a little slow but its been good to learn on so far.

I'd like to pick up the 18-55mm Nikor sometime in the future.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2006 10:22 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a shot I took last year with the stock lens that came with my Digital Rebel:

It's not great in that it's not particularly close to the subject but I was still pleased that I managed to get a couple of hummers.

[ 04-27-2006: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2006 11:14 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm always pleased to get hummers. Max, Xanthan might visit here this summer. If that happens, you'll have to come down for an evening

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 04-28-2006 12:20 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
I'm always pleased to get hummers. Max, Xanthan might visit here this summer. If that happens, you'll have to come down for an evening

Booyah! I'll work on my Boston accent. BEEYAH (Beer)

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 04-30-2006 07:52 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:

I'm probably reading that all wrong but are you saying that Xan gives good head? Keep me posted, as you said before, we should meet one of these fine days (unless you insist on drinking that sissy light beer like a lot of my other friends do!)

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 05-01-2006 03:00 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I like the bourbon shot too. Man, I've got 4 rolls to develope. . . sigh. . .

Think I'll go down to L&S and get a couple of 25A filters and shoot some black and white.

[ 05-01-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 05-01-2006 01:05 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah..well, he probably does, but..

I like the entire beer spectrum..not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 05-01-2006 04:21 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got like 20 cans of Beast in my fridge right now.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com