Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Seagate 300GB ATA for $99 after rebate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seagate 300GB ATA for $99 after rebate
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 01-14-2006 12:22 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good hard drive deal.
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335866&pfp=srch1&ref=performics

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 02:08 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Might make a nice external backup drive in an enclosure.

I would get SATA for a system drive though. The cables are much easier to deal with.

Hi Mute.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 01-14-2006 10:34 AM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey AW.

I'm not buying this drive for myself for the same reason. I prefer SATA300 internals.

I read that Seagate is releasing it's eSATA300 160 & 500GB drives in the next few months. That's what I want. Nearly 100MB/s sustained transfers in an external drive. No USB or 1394 bottlenecks.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-14-2006 10:41 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not to mention you don't have to fart around with picky drives that prefer master / slave / single drive settings rather than putting up with cable select.

Hiya.

I'm currently OK for disk space (just recently cleaned out about 50 gigs of dupe data) on my 74 gig WD Raptor and 300 gig Maxtor. Both SATA.

I have room for 2 more SATA drives on my current motherboard. Maybe when they come out with a terabyte drive and a 32 mb cache

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 11:18 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm over the 2/3 mark on my loan 120gig. I need to pick up another drive. . . finances permitting. Probably go with a Western Digital Caviar RE 300 or a Caviar RE2 400.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 01:53 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
put $100 on the Pats to beat Denver by 6-10pts (8 to 1) and by tonight you can start placing orders.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 04:59 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<- Poor Student, I don't have $100 to spend on sports betting.

That $100 bucks has to last me till next month.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 05:11 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GO PATS, FUCKIN KILL DENVAH!!!!!!!

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 07:50 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuckin patriots. i hope they get destroyed. brady is going to go out in palmer-esque style.

(ps - i'm a pittsburgh fan, my hatred is justified)

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 08:03 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Pistons!

I have 2 Maxtor One Touch II 300 GB external drives for storage and back-up puposes.

You can get them for $220.00 these days...

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 09:20 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
(ps - i'm a pittsburgh fan, my hatred is justified)

You care more about the game than the players do?

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2006 01:19 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
You care more about the game than the players do?

the patriots own the steelers (usually). its a known fact. thus - i hate them.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2006 02:25 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right, but my point is that the players on the Steelers don't care as much as you do about it.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 02:24 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
put $100 on the Pats to beat Denver by 6-10pts (8 to 1) and by tonight you can start placing orders.

Well, I put my money where my mouth was and am $100 poorer because of it. I think the Pats gave the game away more than the Broncs taking it. Even though the game is in Denver I fancy the Steelers based on what I saw this weekend.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 02:54 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wonder if the game would have gone another way had the refs not given the Broncos their first TD on that 39 yard bullshit pass interference penalty. Ridiculous.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 04:01 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought the same thing myself. 40yd line or 1yd line? No brainer. We have no idea of knowing what would have happened if the penalty had not been called but it couldn't have been any worse. I am not so sure about the Champ interception either. Was he in / out bounds when he let go of the ball?

We certainly did enough in the game to deserve to lose but it sucks when the calls go against you as well. Now we know how the Raiders fans felt 5 years ago.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 07:15 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it's probably a good thing that I didn't bet?

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 11:10 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least the interference call was a bit understandable, he completely cut him off. How about the interception by Troy Polumalu (sp.. who cares) that was overturned? HELLO BULLSHIT CALL. If he would have been touched while rolling, its an interception and he is ruled down. But since he tries to get up and knocks the ball out w/his knee, its not a catch? What a bad call.
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 01-17-2006 04:36 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only read the first and last posts in this thread, and I'm confused. How did you.. when.. why..

Sports?

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2006 12:34 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cutting someone off is not an offense. If the defenseman is faster or stronger than the receiver, and can get on the path of the ball without holding or pulling the receiver, he wins. That's the game. Asante went for the ball, beat the receiver, and was penalized 39 yards for it. That's bullshit, end of story.

But yea, they did make plenty of ugly plays to warrant a loss. It just sucks that, outside of those horrendous mistakes, they outplayed the Broncos up and down. Oh well..

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2006 01:02 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
At least the interference call was a bit understandable, he completely cut him off. How about the interception by Troy Polumalu (sp.. who cares) that was overturned? HELLO BULLSHIT CALL. If he would have been touched while rolling, its an interception and he is ruled down. But since he tries to get up and knocks the ball out w/his knee, its not a catch? What a bad call.

At the least NFL has made a statement about the Troy interception. They said it was an interception and not an incomplete pass. I've not heard if there has been a ruling on the pass interference call though.

End of the day it doesn't matter. I always thought that games in the US were very well officiated when compared to soccer in Scotland (which is very bad). This weekend has shown me a different view.

AW - yeah, good choice not to bet.

[ 01-17-2006: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2006 01:11 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
But yea, they did make plenty of ugly plays to warrant a loss. It just sucks that, outside of those horrendous mistakes, they outplayed the Broncos up and down. Oh well..

Since saying they lost and got beat up and down the field doesn't work, I guess that is a nice excuse

Max - The NFL probably had a huge sigh of relief when Pittsburgh won since that was a blown call that changed the direction of the game. I would have been severely pissed.. cuz that would have been the second time the refs fucked pittsburgh (remember the ref calling the wrong side of the coin on jerome bettis?).

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2006 09:36 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that's the thing, they didn't get beat up and down the field. They outplayed the Broncos. They just had a couple terrible mistakes, brief lapses, that cost them the game. W/e, the season's ancient history at this point

--------------------

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2006 04:27 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My two drives are fine:
74 Gig WD Raptor
200 Gig Segate
both SATA

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com