Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » New Rules for the New Year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Rules for the New Year
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-12-2006 10:26 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Rule:

Stop giving me that pop-up ad for Classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days: mowing my lawn.

New Rule:

Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Caviar? Luckily, it was only a finger! If it was a whole hand, Congress would have voted funds to keep it alive.

New Rule:

Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, blonde teachers are permanently damaged and deprived of their childhood. I have a better description for these kids: lucky bastards.

New Rule:

Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

New Rule:

There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule:

The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet" ooh yeah, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule:

Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass and it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You are not spiritual. You are just high.

New Rule:

Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the US Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait. They're already doing that. It's called "The Howard Stern Show."

New Rule:

If you're going to insist on making movies based on crappy, old television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote control so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's all remember that the reason something was a television show in the first place was the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie.

New Rule:

No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

New Rule, and this one is long overdue:

No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your web cam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

New Rule:

When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to know in months. "27 Months." "He's two" will do just fine. He's not an aged cheese. And, if you really must know, I didn't really care in the first place.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-12-2006 02:00 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Some good rules but I have to say that I quite like Howard Stern in doses.

Can't agree more about the flavoured water, I hate it. I wonder why it's not called "crappy tasting soft drink"? Where I used to work I could have "water with lime" or "water with raspberry". F OFF!, I just want some water!

Happy New Year and GO PATS!

--------------------

Miss you guys.

fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-12-2006 04:03 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used the "flavored water" stuff to wean myself off sodas and get back onto real water
Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-12-2006 05:28 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I drink bottled water because tap water is nasty. Flavored water is a joke.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-12-2006 08:40 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YOU'RE ALL HAX!!!f

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 03:24 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.google.se/search?q=%22There%27s+a+reason+you+don%27t+talk+to+people+for+25+years.+Because+you+don%27t+particularly+like+them%21

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 10:07 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Bill Mahr but thats not one of his better pieces of comedy. His show on HBO is alright though.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 10:30 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mahr being funny is OK. Mahr being politcal is pathetic

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 10:55 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
God forbid a liberal talking politics !!!

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 11:41 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jondster:
Mahr being funny is OK. Mahr being politcal is pathetic

Just like any celebrity I take what they say in the political realm with a giant grain of salt. His show isn't too bad though.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 01:41 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't take it period. They're more self interested than the common citizen and (imo) scrutinize us for not following their lead. I don't think their bank account justifies their 'save the *" foundation liberal (mostly) hippy bullshit.

But there are some conservatives just as bad. They just need to shut up and let me enjoy tv.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 06:59 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also think it's gross to 'take it' while on your period.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 11:42 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
I also think it's gross to 'take it' while on your period.

Rivers of blood.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com