next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » WOW

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOW
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2006 05:55 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did this place empty out or what ?
Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2006 06:28 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea pretty gay.

Quake2?

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2006 10:08 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We're all still here, we just don't post as often. Hiya jon, how you been?
Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2006 11:18 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its the awkward silence after the Windows vs Unix battle of the century.

SUP

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2006 11:25 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah, I was thinking the same thing Acid.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 12:50 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I lurk.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 01:01 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I miss HAMMER.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 02:37 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe someone should invite Horka back. He would liven things up

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 07:58 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just getting back into posting here.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 08:02 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
Its the awkward silence after the Windows vs Unix battle of the century.

SUP

Yea, I apologize, and I really hope that's over with.

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 11:16 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't played a computer game in over two years I think. I don't even use the net for anything at all now except for work. I still come by here every once and a while since it's the first place I ever conversed with people online. I learned a lot about computers from you guys.

*fades away for another month or two*

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 11:19 AM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boo!
Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 11:20 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, whatever happened to good ol Hammer.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 12:38 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps if I started posting more it would liven the place up.

...nah, I'm boring.

OS/2 FOREVER!!!

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 12:43 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For some reason I think his name was Robert Fobian.

Yep, Google "robert fobian hammer quake" and you'll find some dated PlanetQuake and Hammertown stuff. Hmm..

I was also able to find on bluesnews' archive that HAMMERTown shutdown in January of '01.

Perhaps Hal9000 would be easier to contact? He and HAMMER were friends, if I recall. And Nazgul?

Outtie, don't disappear for too long.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 01:19 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If its the same "Hal9000" as we would think (how many could there be?), he hangs out on ETG.
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 02:53 PM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh, many?

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 02:54 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
die plz
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 02:57 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing quite like a "Wow this place is empty" post to get everyone posting again.
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 04:15 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. I dunno what even drove me to posting in here anyways. Maybe it was because (from what the info at the bottom says about 2103 posts since 1999) I used to do it ALOT.

You guys were usually fun, often entertaining, occasionally rectal pores, and always available for comment.

Me ? I'm fine, albeit a bit older, grayer and somewhat more tolerant. I still game - mainly COD2 and am the admin on a gaming group's forum. May the biggest change is I don't find upgrading my rig to run the latest shit at the fastest FPS as such an urgent pursuit anymore.

I even am getting a tad weary of being the local gratis tech support for all the people around me who won't invest the time or effort to keep their own computers from sludging over ("NO ... you can do it. Just go to their site and download the latest drivers and install them. It's not rocket science and you don't need my ass to come over and do it for you")

We had people married here, marriages break up because of here, kids grow up in the background (mine). Friends made, friends lost.

Yeah, this was fun ....

[ 01-11-2006: Message edited by: jondster ]

--------------------

No Sig

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 05:10 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read the posts here everyday still

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2006 06:18 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow is correct! Hey Jon and hell o outrider!

(I see the rest of you regularly)

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 01-11-2006 08:07 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've grown a little older and wiser since my first days here on this board (I was a little kid back then...hell, still am) How long has it been, 8-9 years? Damn near half my life...

But I've decided to stop growing older, as it's too much of a hassle.

I'm a sophomore/3rd year at Indiana University/Purdue University Indianapolis, GPA of around 3.3. Major in Computer Technology/Web development. I live on my own now, and I'm employed by the university.

I still find upgrading at every other new hardware release to be a thrill.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 08:27 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've located HAMMER. Stay tuned 8-)

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 08:13 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a little older, a little (a lot) balder, but I'm also bigger, and I have biceps. Just ask Raver, he won't pick on ME anymore!!

I still upgrade to the latest tech, I'm just not all huffy about it.

Oh, and I'm back in school this year. Math and Physics. Was going to do computer science, but then I pissed off a professor who took away my Jolt Cola privledges. On the plus side, I might actually get a tan this summer.

Oh, and I can't wait for Hammer, this board let him say 'fuck'.

[ 01-13-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

[ 01-13-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2006 09:49 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuckin hammer

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-13-2006 11:40 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
fuckin hammer

Phucen'Ey!

AW ~ Where are you going to school at?

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2006 12:20 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right now? Capilano College in North Vancouver. Kind of to ease the transition. . . Or so I thought.

Turns out they have a MORE difficult math curriculum than UBC (University of British Columbia). At least for first and second year (they don't offer 3rd and 4th year courses, they're a transfer college). From there it's kind of up in the air. Probably UBC to finish my undergrad. After that. . . well. . . that depends on who's going to give me a free ride for PhDs. I'm going to try and get both math and phys grad degrees. But we'll see how that turns out.

[ 01-14-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 01-14-2006 10:24 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too still lurk.
Got that whole growing older thing going on. Don't play many video games these days, just kind of sit on the internet at work and between classes. Sophomore @ Wayne State for either Linguistics, Anthropology, or English (or some combination thereof).

Whole lot more Pirate-looking now than I was back in the proverbial day. Jumped on that whole body-modification thing too. 6ga Ears, pierced nape of my neck, surface piercing through my chin (think two little silver balls on either side of the 'peak' of my chin beard). 1/2 sleeve tattoo on my right arm of an old-fashioned map. Started another sleeve on my left arm; doing 2.5" puzzle pieces representing every counry I've visited. England's done, Wales soon to be, followed by Scotland, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Canada, and US. Going to keep adding down to my elbow as a visit countries, then go up and over my shoulder and across my back and chest.

For some strange reason I got the urge to google Horka the other day. He's hanging out on the CPL forums these days, issuing challanges to fatal1ty every quakecon. Everyone there seems to take him with a grain of salt (seems he's toned down a wee bit).

So where's HAMMER at? I miss the head-mobile story. And Pyropimps.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 01-15-2006 10:08 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
present!

but online much less these days

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2006 02:13 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.jonathonforgovernor.us

is this cac?

[ 01-15-2006: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-15-2006 04:41 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WillyTrombone:
http://www.jonathonforgovernor.us

is this cac?

[ 01-15-2006: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

Can't be him, Jonathan Harris would have a MUCH more tasteful design for his website.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2006 06:14 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His old website had a watermark of him naked looking out a window.

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 01-16-2006 12:46 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally moved to Texas.

This school is gonna own my soul. One assignment took me almost all day Saturday to complete.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2006 01:26 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So either the assignment was big but dead easy, or small and ridiculously hard.

Context would help.

[ 01-16-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Hot Rod
Visor
Member # 3136

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2006 06:41 AM     Profile for Hot Rod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there!
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2006 09:32 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well fix it, dear Henri, dear Henri..

--------------------

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2006 04:24 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I just installed Doom3 on my new baby...

I have the insane graphics settings and it's as smooth as a baby's butt.

I'll probably play a level every couple of days and see how far I get. I've been through the game already.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 01-23-2006 05:41 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yooo!!!
my last quarter at WWU
gettin a degree in astrophysics
stayin buzayyyy
peace out
hi all

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
HAMMER
Sarge
Member # 9

Rate Member

posted 11-04-2006 10:08 AM     Profile for HAMMER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there fellaz! My wife did a search of my name on google and this site came up! It's been a long time since I came here, but I wanted to say hey out to everybody. My site is at http://www.BobsPlanet.net if you guys want to look me up. What's everybody up to these days?

--------------------

http://www.BobsPlanet.net

Posts: 804 | From: St.Louis MO, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 11-04-2006 12:53 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow again - about a year after I originally posted this.

I'm surprised I could find my PW to get in here.

--------------------

No Sig

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com