Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Apparently I posses a large penchant for masochism

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apparently I posses a large penchant for masochism
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-28-2005 07:30 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not doing Comp Sci anymore. . Now it's Math and Physics.

I must be nuts

Kill me now.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2005 09:32 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The world needs more teachers

Kidding. Not that teaching is anything to scoff at. What do you want to do, tho?

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2005 12:04 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure. . . PhD probably. I'm drifting towards Probability Math (NOT Statistics) and Physics is something I'm interested in, but not any one field.

I doubt I'll pick up an education degree along the way. I dont' really have the temperment for teaching (at least not at the elementary/highschool level). So I've been told by several teacher friends of mine. Although, it would be fun to get a degree in B.Ed.

It's funny, I'm 26 and just NOW getting ambitious.

[ 11-29-2005: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2005 01:09 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, there's a huge difference between probability and statistics. I liked probability; I hated stats. Well good luck

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2005 07:29 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thnx

Heh, I only mentioned the "not stats" part because not everyone realizes they are different. Related, to be sure, but different.

ps. The real reason for probability is so that I can throw the kinds of parties that physicists don't get invited to

[ 11-29-2005: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 11-30-2005 03:26 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's okay, I went from Comp-Sci to Cultural Anthopoology + Linguistics

Talk about masochism, how about having to learn an alphabet to describe every sound that's possible to make with the human mouth? .
At least it's fun.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 08:45 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Linguistics would be tough. .

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 09:58 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recommend loading up on chem electives. that'll open up doors to quantum crypto, semiconductor physics, computational chemistry, and a few other fieds that your comp sci experience will pay off in. And they're pretty interesting, too, with a plenty of work for years to come.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 11:24 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I intend to minor in either Chem or possibly Comp Sci. I have to take some Comp Sci for a Math degree anyway, so turning that into a minor isn't much of a stretch.

The only part I'm not looking forward to is taking Biology. I HATE Biology. Oddly though, I love atanomy. . . well. . . female atanomy at anyrate.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com