my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » "What time is it?"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "What time is it?"
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-03-2005 05:52 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the name of the new font that I like. "What time is it?"

The table of contents looks better using that font, on a plain pink background, in pale blue with shadowing. That cover idea wasn't all that bad. I might not be feeling well. But I can still see that done with a tangerine harp, I guess a circular one with strings and pretty crystals, and some kind of fizzy purple effervescence floating around. That makes me think of using gels to make a kaleidoscope or a stained glass window idea, but of course a red rhinestone bindi-dot would do nicely for a simple, clean portrait.

I'm writing very soon. I guess once I get the haircut, and shave, and then walk some more, and maybe even take a job somewhere... well it won't be too hard. I'll have to be creful not to make mistakes, except that I know that being all the way me doesn't get anyone to do anything over here. It's like they're frozen in some stupid posture. Oh by the way I saw Celine Dion's advert and the Luxor and thought of Budgie's funny idea about that installation. I guess he was hinting at Las Vegas.

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-03-2005 09:01 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I get a ten day intro pass to 24 hour fitness. That should get me started. I wouldn't mind working there.

I want a scooter. That way I can stay here, and drive down the Strip and look at the lights, and the volcano, and the water show. There's lots of stuff to see here.

Am I only going to make money off of evil damage willing to be done? NO. That won't have a decent job that pays. That won't be a slut looking good enough to get its job done either. Something around here must be fun, consistent, lucrative, and worth my time.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-04-2005 07:23 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You realize that anyone could do this, right? A fucking monkey could point at arbitrary words in a dictionary while a zoologist writes them down for it. Anyone.

But no one does, because they realize that.

Die.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-04-2005 07:44 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You realize that anyone could do this, right? A fucking monkey could flame someone for something that doesn't hurt them in any way. Anyone.

But no one does, because they realize that.

Die.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-04-2005 07:45 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
s/them/it/

So close.

Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-04-2005 09:12 AM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a thing that got in touch with me today. I thought at first that might be a broken-off significance of this pain from my brain into my ear - that I described as an stabbing icepick... sort of like "brain thorn ton." Sort of like "LARGE BRAIN" that comes to mind when I see "Brian Large" credited for films. That's a "Metamorph" in "Gandahar" (not Ghanda - Har) and it looks like a dickhead... maybe it represents "INTELLIGENCE"... I'm sure that's a East coast genetic fuck-up meant to create a temporal disorder, not to mention this earache.

Well, his job offer wasn't anything but part-time not very real unappeal. There are so many jobs here in Las Vegas. Why don't those resumes I sent out get any responses? Why ask why? It's all about stupid nothing people having to figure out how to be something to removing anything that I might have. Maggots and idiots and trash and liars and dorks and nerds and freaks and all the rest, wearing boring professional clothing, and hurling every word to hurt.

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-04-2005 02:04 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this stuff makes my "fun hole" hurt.
Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-04-2005 08:27 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sur, go on, laugh but com back whn you can gt your cat to writ stuff lik that by rolling on th kyboard whil claning his ringpice. It taks practic. Mr. Harris should b proud.

Sorry 'bout th typing, my cat lft a nuggt on th ky btwn th "w" and th "r".

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-05-2005 09:03 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, I don't know what your problem is with me, rvr - it's apparent you resent me for something (maybe something as silly as rogue? maybe it's being american?). I don't really care - you don't come off as very friendly, so I don't feel as tho I've lost much. But it seems you assumed I was dead serious when I posted that. I wasn't.

At the same time, the guy does suck. I'm undecided if he can even read and understand english, so what's the harm in a half-hearted "stfu"? It's a lot like telling Terri Shaivo to eat shit (back when she was ..less dead, of course). Sure, some brain waves might be bouncing around in there, but he doesn't understand what's going on.

--------------------

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-05-2005 12:32 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its cyborg6 or tea bagger or cac
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-05-2005 12:34 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't care who it is. And neither cy nor teabagger are capable of proper spelling or grammar.

--------------------

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-05-2005 12:35 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No.. he fuking hates you!

quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
resent me..

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-05-2005 09:22 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol..probably.

--------------------

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-06-2005 12:05 PM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Yea, I don't know what your problem is with me, rvr - it's apparent you resent me for something (maybe something as silly as rogue? [...])

Whoa there! I don't have a problem with you!
In fact, I consider you a Cool Guy.

My post was a joke/internet poem where I flamed you for flaming a guy instead of saying something constructive by flaming you instead of saying something constructive, commenting on the nature of almost anonymous internet messageboards.

I'm WAAAY over whatever hissy fit I had about you, and I seriously didn't mean to offend you, so;

Sorry. I take it back.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-06-2005 08:55 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Me too.

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-06-2005 11:27 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMFG RB WTF IZ RONG W/U TKAE TEH POLEZ OUT OF UR AZZZ

lol

--------------------

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-07-2005 03:56 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woohoo! =D

*hands out candy*

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 11-07-2005 02:50 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm might fucking cry over your pansies.

BTW: RB, didn't I ban you over gay pr0n. How'd you get back in here?

[ 11-07-2005: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-07-2005 09:20 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A security hole in Cac's butthole, actually.

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-07-2005 09:25 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
A security hole in Cac's butthole, actually.

I believe those are called "hemorroids"

--------------------

Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-08-2005 08:03 AM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to let you read this information, and then later on, I'm hoping that what I am wondering about now will become less of this wide openness... so then ideas and significances can converge and arrange, as I wish to understand precisely something of "cause" and "effect." I don't intend to continue posting on this site, but I just do this now to find out what I need to know later on.

Tonight was very nice because I went to the first Las Vegas show I've ever seen - at The Riviera. It was Frank Marino and his show that's been running for 20 years. The show was continuously entertaining - the costumes were very good, the comedy was witty and quick, and the impersonators were terrific.

I met Frank after the show and he was interesting, though preoccupied. He's nice. One of my roommates had some graphic art to show him, and the other one is preparing to start his own show at another smaller club. They know Frank Marino - so we waited until the guests left and then spoke with him for a few minutes. Frank mentioned Siegfried and Roy a few times - I'll be very happy when I am introduced to them, also. I'm not permitted to know some of the big stuff that I had under control in Prague - and it's got to do with this in a way... about the white animals, and innocence as a 'white gazelle' and Rolls Royce and Roy's accident with that white tiger - the tiger that seemed to be protecting him from something... that concerns me now. Because Roy is the darker haired one, and that's intelligent, and I punished intelligence and preferred white magical innocence, and I am unable to reach whatever I need to know about all this, because it is therefore about my coming here. And as we all can see the shit happens in reverse - the creeps are violently punished before I ever get into anything with them these days, and that includes the new roommates as well

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-08-2005 08:16 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Harris:
I'm going to let you read this information, and then later on, I'm hoping that what I am wondering about now will become less of this wide openness... so then ideas and significances can converge and arrange, as I wish to understand precisely something of "cause" and "effect."

Translation:
"I will post again so I can see how you react to my post."

quote:
I don't intend to continue posting on this site, but I just do this now to find out what I need to know later on.

Translation:
"This is my last post, but I want to see how you react."

quote:
Tonight was very nice because I went to the first Las Vegas show I've ever seen - at The Riviera. It was Frank Marino and his show that's been running for 20 years. The show was continuously entertaining - the costumes were very good, the comedy was witty and quick, and the impersonators were terrific.

Translation:
"I went to see Frank Marino's show in Vegas. I liked it."

quote:
I met Frank after the show and he was interesting, though preoccupied. He's nice. One of my roommates had some graphic art to show him, and the other one is preparing to start his own show at another smaller club. They know Frank Marino - so we waited until the guests left and then spoke with him for a few minutes. Frank mentioned Siegfried and Roy a few times - I'll be very happy when I am introduced to them, also.

Translation:
"We met him after the show. My friend showed him some drawings. Frank might introduce me to Sigfried and Roy!"

quote:
I'm not permitted to know some of the big stuff that I had under control in Prague - and it's got to do with this in a way... about the white animals, and innocence as a 'white gazelle' and Rolls Royce and Roy's accident with that white tiger - the tiger that seemed to be protecting him from something... that concerns me now. Because Roy is the darker haired one, and that's intelligent, and I punished intelligence and preferred white magical innocence, and I am unable to reach whatever I need to know about all this, because it is therefore about my coming here. And as we all can see the shit happens in reverse - the creeps are violently punished before I ever get into anything with them these days, and that includes the new roommates as well

Translation:
.. what?

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-08-2005 08:19 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have nothing against you, Jonathan Harris. I find your semi-cryptic posts refreshing and fun.

I do, however, think you've selected the wrong forum for the replies you seem to want. :-)

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2005 09:42 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Jonathan Harris is a genius!

[ 11-08-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-08-2005 09:55 AM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know, Tim Haskin is the graphic artist. He had a "Nagel" type picture of Madonna in his folio - said she's got that in her house. Something about that took me by surprise.

Frank Marino and S&R and everything sparkly in show business are always overly "intelligent" about significance however, and themes of tragedy and legal problems and so forth regularly occur. It's a lot to do... to get a job, adjust to a new city, and see a swirling whirl of this and that going on and also try to get a grip on it, in an attempt to control it - while yet I don't really know these people.

So you can sense that I'm unable to completely control all reality at this time. Well, boo hoo... I must allow some other strange people to direct it for a while, here and there, because I'll be having to make some money. How can I go to the gym and sign a contract without having a job? And what am I going to do about that storage space with more than 60 boxes, and all MY costumes - the clothes and shoes and jewelry and dvds and sheers and statues and rugs and pillows and furs and beaded curtains and vintage blacklight posters and all that. Eventually I want to write the entire book, too.

I've thought about that book. After downloading another 50 fonts, I figured out more things that my notebook can do. The book won't be too hard to write. I thought about it. I'll be ok. I do pretty well when I feel all right about my life, and what I write will be just as good with whatever I come up with as it would be with those old notebooks in storage at hand. With all those intensely pure secrets in them, written in that Prague flat and other places that I went to and forgot. Well it's a bit "like" Las Vegas, what with Celine Dion, the Cirque de Soleil, Frank Marino, and Siegfried and Roy, and all the animals, and lights, and architecture, and wheels of fortune.

And this house is very humiliating when it comes to Walt Disney and "yags." I'm a little hesitant to start with "Pony Siouxgrue" in this place, but in this place I feel better than I have for a long time. The man worked for Disney for years, was the mayor there in Disneyland, and almost took me to Disneyland last week, and threatens me with Epcot. Making anagrams of the word "mantamoth" just isn't worth doing. I know that Madonna's new song pronounces "Time" in that heroin-addict-convict-in-an-extradition-van way ("TAM"), and I'm aware of what she might be dealing with there. I see Tyra Banks in a fat suit, and her face parked next to Opraha Winfreya on billboards here in town. It's the wait, the weight of a lifetime, a wedge of inferiority into me-thing that's really caused a problem. Don't you wonder why Charles and Camilla waste their time in New Orleans, the city where I received that letter from Buckingham Palace, in which the Queen implied that I should be moved to Prague.

Oh my. Well, I have more interviews tomorrow. I guess I should be happy that my book is so clean and up and hip and class clashing and hot white hetero hellish. That's as good of a thinker as I could be, and I shouldn't have to wait much longer, I should be happy, and have the kind of friends that I deserve, and get it done, so that I can play more.

That's all for now…

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-08-2005 10:39 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
I think Jonathan Harris is a genius!

I'm sure you do. =)

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-08-2005 06:38 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm going to let you read this information, and then later on, I'm hoping that what I am wondering about now will become less of this wide openness... so then ideas and significances can converge and arrange, as I wish to understand precisely something of "cause" and "effect." I don't intend to continue posting on this site, but I just do this now to find out what I need to know later on.

I met Frank after the show and he was interesting, though preoccupied. He's nice. One of my roommates had some graphic art to show him, and the other one is preparing to start his own show at another smaller club. They know Frank Marino - so we waited until the guests left and then spoke with him for a few minutes. Frank mentioned Siegfried and Roy a few times - I'll be very happy when I am introduced to them, also. I'm not permitted to know some of the big stuff that I had under control in Prague - and it's got to do with this in a way... about the white animals, and innocence as a 'white gazelle' and Rolls Royce and Roy's accident with that white tiger - the tiger that seemed to be protecting him from something... that concerns me now. Because Roy is the darker haired one, and that's intelligent, and I punished intelligence and preferred white magical innocence, and I am unable to reach whatever I need to know about all this, because it is therefore about my coming here. And as we all can see the shit happens in reverse - the creeps are violently punished before I ever get into anything with them these days, and that includes the new roommates as well

Translation:
lkjasdfl;j;oijdfkjl;xcnv,zxv;lkjs;ofijaweo;ifjas;ldnkv.lzmcnv;lkjdhf;oaiwehr;oaihd;clvnzxclkvnzd;kvnhas;ljhaeo;poerutw;oeh;orihj;ldfnlkxzjhvcliaha;wiofhse;origh;sofnvk.cnvksdhf;owa fhawlifhawlieuheoirhliskejfnv.kxcnvlksjdhf;oawehysoeriholkfnv.kxzncv;kjmnsdf

That felt good after a long day at work.

--------------------

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2005 10:06 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RaverBoy:
I'm sure you do. =)

Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 11-09-2005 11:35 AM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That reminds me. It's the earache... that's bothering me. You should thank me for writing another interesting posting by the way - yous are never anything at all but damage to the other writer. That's as poor and ugly as can be, and that's what most of the postings here are - that's why I don't have to be important to it. But what is important to it is an ear infection - or even a "staff" infection, brought on by my dealings with the multitude of liars who pretend to have professional posture in some form that can offer support. I'm taking Mexican antibiotics every eight hours, and the pain has gone, but it's not over yet.

I'm glad you reminded me what I'm doing posting on this site - I'm sick! Literally.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 11-09-2005 11:39 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyone pretends to hate JohnH but his posts always get tons of replies. Hmmm.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-09-2005 06:18 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Notice that no one is talking to him.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 11-09-2005 07:21 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
Everyone pretends to hate JohnH but his posts always get tons of replies. Hmmm.

He's basically a modern genius.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-09-2005 08:03 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually i miss the days of int86x, horka, and the dozens of others. jonharris is a weak imitation.. too non threating.
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-09-2005 11:46 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aren't you just posting stuff you find amusing from JH Cac?

I thought I remembered you mentioning this...

I think JH is close to the edge, hopefully he doesn't have access to many rounds when he decides the guy behind the counter at burger king is the devil and must die.

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 11-10-2005 04:04 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
Notice that no one is talking to him.

I did! Twice.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2005 07:06 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You all know it's Cac, right?

Oh...and it's 1:14 pm here.

[ 11-10-2005: Message edited by: Rivendell ]

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com