my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » I love my car

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love my car
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-16-2005 11:48 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its $2.49/gal here. The pump I pulled up to said $58-something. When I was done with it, it was only $17.48 for 3/4 of a tank.

30 mpg, 10 gallon tank.

I love my car.

What's gas prices in your neighborhoods?

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 12:05 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
$2.49 here as well. I'm in love with these sinking prices.
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 12:36 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
like 3 bucks here.

i'm glad i get like 35mpg.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 07:42 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
0.96 - 0.99 a liter is the average in Calgary right now. Back when it hit over 1.00/liter we got a UFA card through my wife's workplace and it's been averaging about 0.10/liter less than "normal" pump prices so it will most likely be about 0.86 or so when I fill up today. We never know until the end of the month when the invoices come in because card locks only show the liters you pump.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 07:42 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never got 35mpg out of a 2.0L Jetta. You must drive like a bitch.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 10:27 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i do.

2-3k shifts and cruising at about 2k in 4th or 5th. i have no reason to drive an unfast car like an asshole.

i havn't done any math, but i'm definately getting better than 30mpg...city.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 11:44 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The newer models have 10-15 more horse and a really nice stock sound (honestly). That's the only reason I drive mine a little harder into the midrange. The top end is so unimpressive. And seriously, gas prices have me driving a lot more conservatively, too.

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 11:54 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm at 2.89 for Super in NJ.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 02:03 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love my (non-existent) car. It costs me nothing in fuel, or even maintenance for that matter.

It never needs cleaning either.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 03:12 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet you would get arrested if you had sex in the back seat.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 10-17-2005 05:45 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
somewhere between $2.85 and $2.90 for regular.

$3.00-$3.05 for the pricey stuff.

~$3.25 for diesel (not that I have any use for it).

California prices suck when you have a Suburban, driving 60 miles to work (one way....ouch)

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 06:30 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
christ, that's like, what, a $50+ tank of gas every 2 or 3 days?
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-17-2005 07:09 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's what you get for driving an SUV. I have no pity for people driving those purposeless vehicles.

--------------------

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 04:21 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SUV's and gas hog pickups have a purpose, the main problem is that most people don't need them for their lifestyle. Without a doubt though some do. Ever try to fit two adults and four kids and all their hockey equipment into a VW Rabbit when it's time to go to hockey practice? Might do it once but you wouldn't do it for long. I don't think a Honda Prelude would do that well towing a 20ft walleye boat either. I just have a 4x4 Ford and it gets shitty mileage but I just figure that's the price I pay for owning soemthing that fits my needs. A small car wouldn't do too well when it's time to go ice fishing and I have to drive over 2ft snow drifts to get to the middle of the lake.
That said, the wife has a Grand Am that gets pretty decent mileage so we take it most times when we're just out running around. But when we need a truck, I got one. I've actually been considering getting a small shitbox just to drive to work but haven't taken the time to figure out if the cost of insurance on another vehicle plus the cost of purchasing it is worth the savings on gas. Plus winter is almost here and we have about 4 months of snow to look forward to so I'm kind of partial to my 4x4 for that.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 07:48 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
$2.57 for 87 octane and $2.75 for 93 octane here.

My 4WD Toyota SUV gets 28 MPG highway is real-time AWD, handles excellent in Michigan's long winters and comes in handy transporting computers for work and for purchases for the home. It runs fine on 87 ocatane.

Steph's AWD Saab wagon is almost as big as my Toyota and gets 30 MPG highway. The best part is it does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.0 seconds. Her car takes 92+ octane.

Toyota makes a nice hybrid SUV that is slightly bigger than my model has 260+ HP and gets 33 MPG city!

[ 10-18-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 10-18-2005 09:14 AM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm very happy with our Suburban, as it fits our needs completely. If it didn't, I would certainly trade it in on something more economical. We also have a Saturn Ion, which is nothing more than a commuter vehicle (my wife and I both commute about the same amount of miles..she goes north, and I go south).

...and how are you exactly qualified to rate any vehicle as purposeless?.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 12:58 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LV ~ get a motorcycle for your commuting

--------------------

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 10-18-2005 01:05 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
believe me....I'm working on it! I have wanted one for years, and these gas prices are making for a legitimate argument!

It'd be a fun ride, too...99% freeway with 80-85 mph average speeds out here.

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 01:47 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would think about a motorcycle but considering it's only motorcycle weather about 4 months out of the year here I don't think it's worth it. Heck, I get more use out of my snowmobile than I would out of a motorcycle. Now if I could only ride that to work...............

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 03:06 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dAm, haha. Yea, I googlemapped LV's location before suggesting a bike

LV ~ A Shadow 1100 can be found used for under or around $4000, and should get 45mpg on the highway. I'm sure the Mrs and/or daughter would love to take rides with you, too.

[ 10-18-2005: Message edited by: RoGuEBiTcH ]

--------------------

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 05:08 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know, maybe I could get one of these and use it as a compact car. I think they're only around 39,000.00 USD
Too bad it only goes about 24mph

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 05:14 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and of course they make a SUV version. The Sno Fox will haul more passengers. I know it looks the same but the interior is more roomy.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 10-18-2005 06:00 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll likely be in your neck o' the woods this Christmas, Jay. Father lives in Providence (lives about 0.5 miles from Brown. If, by chance, you know the area, Thayer street is about 100 yards from his house...evidently that is a well known street?)..

Anyway..if you are around, we'll have to grab a beer or 7 one night

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-18-2005 06:59 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw shit, yea definitely, if I'm in town. I believe I'm heading to Naples, FL to see my grandparents and spend Christmas with them. Which days will you be in town? Maybe Max could meet up with us too?

--------------------

Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 10-23-2005 08:35 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Diesel SUV?
http://blog.wired.com/cars/

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-23-2005 09:55 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, diesel is more expensive than anything. At least, it is here.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-23-2005 11:05 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It used be so ridiculously cheap here, diesel I mean. Not so anymore, it's almost as much as gas.

Then again, I understand that there is more of a market for diesel fuel in Canada than the US. I guess it's a case of volume pricing Flux.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 10-24-2005 09:18 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah in the UK diesel is more expensive but after Katrina the gas prices went so high they overtook diesel, which was kind of amusing. My parents own a diesel (Citreon C5) and even though diesel is more expensive it still costs less with the amount of miles per litre (that's how we sell it here!) it does.

In the UK our fuel prices are much higher due to 'green' tax. Which isn't a bad idea in itself but perhaps they should make local transportation more stable and cheaper.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com