next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Pumpkin Soup

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pumpkin Soup
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-16-2005 09:18 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Halloween's getting closer, so here's a pumpkin treat, French pumpkin soup.

I bought 2 smallish size pumpkins, (about 6 inches at its widest). Cut the top, get rid of the seeds (much like in a jack 0 lantern carving), and start scooping out the flesh, till only half a centimeter of the pumpkin remains. (That part is the hard one, the rest is easy!)

Cut roughly a big onion, put about two tablespoons of oil in a pan, add pumpkin and onion, a little water so the vegetables don't attach to the bottom and simmer 15 minutes till there's no water left.

Scoop out pumpkin and onion now that it's cooked, process in a blender until smooth. Pour back into the pan, add water and stir to desired consistency. At this point, i season with salt and pepper, and if you wish, half a cube of chicken stock or vegetable stock. Now, for the most important ingredient: add a teaspoon of ground nutmeg.

Right before serving, add 3 to 4 generous tablespoons of heavy cream, bring rapidly to boil and serve right away in the scooped pumpkins, adding fresh chives for a nice touch of color!

[ 10-17-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 01:09 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks good!

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 09:06 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend that lives in France gave me the recipe. The first 3 photos (I just added) are his.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2006 07:31 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
up for Halloween

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-01-2006 12:45 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice touch with the skull
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-07-2006 01:46 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You posted this thread on my birthday.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2006 07:50 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday then.

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com