Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » ayone here on myspace?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ayone here on myspace?
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 02:14 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, I know, welcome to last year. I'd been using facebook but since I moved aways from school, it's not that useful anymore.

My username is effusant, if you want to add me.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 08:16 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
qu4k3w0r1d, added.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 09:36 AM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine is xtrance
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 03:06 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know what myspace or facebook are. Are they betting tools?

--------------------

Miss you guys.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 03:27 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Myspace is a huge network for attention whores, emo kids, and thug teenagers.

Thefacebook, is basically the same thing but for kids in college.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-13-2005 05:27 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mynameisxanthan:
Myspace is a huge network for attention whores, emo kids, and thug teenagers.

Thefacebook, is basically the same thing but for kids in college.

While everyone and their mom begged me to join facebook (which is basically an online yearbook, so it kinda makes sense), no one has any excuse to be on myspace, or anything equivalent, unless you're a 14-year-old teenage girl.

I'm not all that happy about being on facebook either.

--------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 06:00 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
myspace.com/swashedbuckles

I'm also working on creating this one:
myspace.com/heroesinahalfshell

and plan on making Spliter, Casey Jones, April o Neal, and Shredder to go along with it.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 06:21 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I joined myspace for a band, Tupelo Honey. It was the only way I could see their updates.
They are pretty amazing live.

Why I Bother Video

[ 10-13-2005: Message edited by: TraCerr ]

Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 06:57 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bleh

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 07:08 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who wants to bet on when Flux joins myspace?

And when Burble replies, echoing Xan's sentiments?

Xan is already on it

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 07:29 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am on thefacebook I admit and thats as far as I'll probably go.

Thefacebook is kind of like a less retarded (althought its still pretty dumb) version of my space because at least you have to be in college to be on it. So it filters out some.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 07:30 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i got over the whole 'this is my internet webpage w00t w00t' thing when i quit using AOL.

(i think i was like 10 at the time)

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 07:32 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
i got over the whole 'this is my internet webpage w00t w00t' thing when i quit using AOL.

(i think i was like 10 at the time)

Hello World!

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 07:34 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree burble. The only webpages I make are for assignments. Some of those myspace pages are atrocious. Design wise, I mean.

Oh, I do have a personal blog, that I use to keep friends and family up to date on what I am doing. It's easier than typing emails. For that though, I just use one of the default blogspot layouts.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2005 07:35 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a webpage that I keep kidding myself into believing that I am going to update.
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-13-2005 08:18 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
While everyone and their mom begged me to join facebook (which is basically an online yearbook, so it kinda makes sense), no one has any excuse to be on myspace, or anything equivalent, unless you're a 14-year-old teenage girl.

I'm not all that happy about being on facebook either.

I dunno. I've found about 10 or 15 friends from high school that I haven't seen in several years. Of course, without the ability to establish and maintain freindships, that reason is duly nullified.

--------------------

signature

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-13-2005 08:28 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WillyTrombone:
Of course, without the ability to establish and maintain freindships, that reason is duly nullified.

Its ok WillyT. You'll get a friend one of these days.

[ 10-13-2005: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-14-2005 09:57 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with WillyT

Most of those myspace profiles are annoying, and whoever codes the site is a newbie since it's down half the time, but I have ran into a bunch of old friends on there.

I think friendster was the first site of it's kind.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-14-2005 10:31 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
myspace, facebook, hotornot, ..all half-assed implementations. The hacks who wrote them are probably pretty rich, tho.

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-14-2005 04:31 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In terms of aesthetics and uptime, facebook doesn't do half bad. it doesn't let people put purple text on a pink background. same style, format and layout throughout the whole site.

but that doesn't mean 82 million people won't leave stupidass messages like YOU'VE JUST BEEN HIT BY THE POOP TRUCK PASS IT ALONG TO 15 PEOPLE IN 4 SECONDS OR TOMORROW YOU'LL BE COVERED IN POOP

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-14-2005 08:59 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
myspace, facebook, hotornot, ..all half-assed implementations. The hacks who wrote them are probably pretty rich, tho.

agreed. I've seen tons of browser crashes, been unable to send two thirds of the messages I've attempted on myspace, and have been disappointed overall in the quality of the thing. But I don't really care because the contacts I've reestablished. The technical side of business isn't nearly as important as the marketing. That's why those of us in the lab or in cubes on workstations all day don't get the salaries or bonuses like the people next door actually selling the shit we make. It doesn't matter nearly as much what we make or how make it as it does what they sell and how much they sell it for. They depend on us far less than we depend on them.

--------------------

signature

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 10-16-2005 10:52 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guy uses coldfusion to run myspace, egad.
Plus, it's really, really, really susceptible to messing with. There was a guy last month or so who wrote a viral piece of code for his profile that would add you whever you viewed his profile and append your heroes listing (only when viewed in IE, of couse, because IE allows script tags within CSS styles for some reason). Then, whenever someone viewed your profile it'd do the same. Within a few days he had over 900,000 friends and crashed the system. I remember reading his journal about it with entries like
"This is cool, within 20 days I'll have 600 friends"
followed by
"Oh shit. It's exponential."

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-16-2005 02:56 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[/quote]"This is cool, within 20 days I'll have 600 friends"
followed by
"Oh shit. It's exponential."[quote]

lol.

--------------------

signature

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-16-2005 06:58 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah. . . gotta love the idiots.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-16-2005 07:20 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-17-2005 07:43 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This profile made me laugh
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6587829&Mytoken=F5440DB6-F896-411B-8262EAB113648FAE660897656

I could just see the can exploding in his hand. It would give him something to write about in his emo journal probably.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2005 09:34 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got nothing.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com