Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » What's the first thing you do when you get a credit card?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's the first thing you do when you get a credit card?
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-03-2005 08:26 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You max it

(this is my first credit card, so stfu)

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 10-03-2005 10:30 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol be careful I have cards I've never even activated. Only one is and I use it on vacations occasinally if I need to rent a car or something. Other than that i debit.

Of course, I'm not really in debt either as a result.

Just becareful it WILL catch up to you and at a most inopportune time.

(yeah I'm making up words these days..and my spelling is for shit )

[ 10-03-2005: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2005 10:38 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FWIW, stay away from Discover. I got a discover card and cancelled it after I had finished with it. They said that they would re-open the account if there was any future activity on it, "as a convenience". Err, fuck off, I am cancelling the card because I don't want it and if there is any future activity on it then it's fraudulent. Idiots.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-03-2005 11:00 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks dads.

I don't buy anything unless I have enough money in my account at that moment. Right now I need to build credit, so I might as well put it on a bigass preorder.

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2005 11:11 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that bundle is like, just all the retail prices of that stuff combined.

i thought the whole point of a bundle was to get a discount.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-03-2005 11:17 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first thing I did when I got a credit card was to buy a graphics card. Fortunately, I didn't max it.

I keep refusing to let them up my limit too. I don't need the temptation.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-04-2005 10:00 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, just don't max a $10,000 credit card like I did. I'm still paying for it.

[ 10-04-2005: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 10-04-2005 01:45 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use my card for British Airways airmiles. I never used a credit card when I first came over here preferring instead to use my debit card or cash. Now I just slap it on my CC. Sometimes my balance goes up (never more than 5k) but typically it's less than 1k (between payments I mean).

If anyone would like to view my account details online then let me know.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-04-2005 02:01 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
If anyone would like to view my account details online then let me know

Just your account number and expiry date will be fine. If you feel like it, you can add the last 3 numbers from the back.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 10-07-2005 04:37 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I MUST still have money in my checking account ... I still have checks left"

" I just got my credit limit increased ... that means I have that money TO SPEND !!"

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-08-2005 01:00 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jondster:
"I MUST still have money in my checking account ... I still have checks left"

" I just got my credit limit increased ... that means I have that money TO SPEND !!"

LOL

burb - For the 360 its $299. Each game is going to be $60. With 6 games, that's $360, so its $659 already.

Hard drive - $100
Combination High-Definition Component & Standard A/V Cable - $40
Headset - $20
Universal Media Remote - $30
Extra Wireless Controller - $50
Play & Charge Kit - $20
Rechargeable Battery - $11
Xbox Live 12 Month Card - $70
1-Year Product Replacement Plan (more than basic 90-day warranty) - let's say $20 (it was $50 for the first xbox)

------
$360 for peripherals
$659 for console and games
-----
$1019 before tax. With 7.5% sales tax in Ohio, that's $1095.43

I paid $936 after tax. Sounds like a deal to me. I didn't save on the games. Where the savings are at were the peripherals.

[ 10-08-2005: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-08-2005 10:24 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
Where the savings are at were the peripherals.

That has to be the most poorly formed sentence I've ever read here.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-08-2005 12:44 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me fail english? That's unpossible.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 10-08-2005 02:44 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
That has to be the most poorly formed sentence I've ever read here.

tsk, tsk. I think you meant to say, "That was have to have beened the most poorestly formulated sentences I've ever readed on these forum."

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-08-2005 03:11 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was 1 AM. You think I gave a shit, grammar queen? Forgive me for assuming Enlgish was your first language.

This reminds me of a joke.

A guy travels to Harvard to hang out with a childhood friend of his. Excited to see him and ready to go party, he asks his educated pal "Hey, where are all the bars at?"
His friend looks at him and says "At Harvard we don't end our sentences with prepositions."
Instantly he replies "OK. Where are all the bars at, asshole?"

[ 10-08-2005: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-09-2005 12:59 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heheh, old joke but still makes me laugh.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 10-09-2005 01:01 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, I heard that just last week I think.

Waah.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com