Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » who thinks kanye west is a moron

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who thinks kanye west is a moron
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 12:28 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=7499

Idiot complaining how the gaurd has the ok to shoot if shot at. Your less well off black people, while looting electronics outlets and shoe stores, shot at aid workers. No shit its taking more than five days.

Complains about black people being show stealing things other than food, while white people are shown stealing only food. Thats partially the media's fault, but its just as much those stealing things other than food.

And the end of the speech.. "George Bush doesn't care about black people"

I LOLed. A lot. This will probably either make or break his career now.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-03-2005 12:36 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best part was Chris Tucker at the end.

He didn't know what the fuck.

I don't think Kayne is a moron or that its going to break his career. This tradegy has really brought out the worst in a lot of people when it should do the exact oppsosite. So many classmates, who I would wager most of them are financially secure from mom and dad, in a lot of my classes just don't understand why someone couldn't leave the city because of being too poor.

I am not giving an excuse for those who looted big screen tvs, or whatever. But I would loot food and water for my family in an instant.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 01:15 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It's been five days because most of the people are Black;

I think it would be more accurate to say that it's been five days because the city's planning has been piss-poor and the local constabulary is being led an incompetent manner, and as a result, the scale of the disaster has been much larger than expected, and the superdome has been re-enacting the Lord of the Flies. I honestly think the national guard ought to take over and tell the city and the state to just follow orders or get the hell out of there.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 01:29 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and for anyone who didn't see the AP's gaffe, here it is. IMHO, it's a totally valid complaint. I think the whole country deserves an apology. I, personally, would not consider it looting when it is for food and water and other vital supplies. But that's part of where martial law would help. Just have the authorities take over the stores with any sort of supplies and hand them out. Then, anyone who really is looting (ie, raiding other non-relief related amenities) can be properly dealt with. But as I said before, the local leadership simply failed plan for it. And I honeslty believe that should be indictable.

--------------------

signature

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 02:05 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was an enormous storm and thank god we are able to do what we have done to save people. 50 years ago, 50 thousand people would be dead now. I'm sorry, but if the biggest hassle is that you have to hang out in the super dome for 4 days, we've come a long way.

Actually who gives a fuck what some rapper said, maybe MTV kiddies. I love how people are already lining up to defend and attack, place blame, remove blame. The partisan faggots are just itching to come out closet and we are all going to drown in that flood.

Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 09-03-2005 03:37 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broch:
I'm sorry, but if the biggest hassle is that you have to hang out in the super dome for 4 days, we've come a long way.

I don't know if you've been watching the news with your eyes closed and the volume muted, but they don't have food, water or medicine. High temperatures like they've been having will dehydrate people quickly. I don't think they're sitting around twiddling their thumbs while waiting for the busses.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 04:04 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WillyTrombone:
But as I said before, the local leadership simply failed plan for it. And I honeslty believe that should be indictable.

Actually in 2000 they tried to get funds to improve the levees. Not only did President Bush shoot the improvements down he also cut the funds for the maintainence of the levees to pay for his other policies. In that way he is directly responsible for the plight of those left in New Orleans.

He also took the states' National Guard and sent them to Iraq.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 04:45 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Actually in 2000 they tried to get funds to improve the levees. Not only did President Bush shoot the improvements down he also cut the funds for the maintainence of the levees to pay for his other policies. In that way he is directly responsible for the plight of those left in New Orleans.

He also took the states' National Guard and sent them to Iraq.

I don't think it would have mattered much if he had supported the bill for improvements. The law office my mother works for has two branches in New Orleans. One is located on the 8th floor and it flooded it out. Thats an insane amount of water.. lets get realistic.

Also, why didn't your high and mighty all domestic commander in chief Clinton revamp the system for them? I mean, he was THE GREATEST, right? Didn't he have eight years? Bush doesn't support it because there was no current evidence proving that they needed to be improved. Also, I know you're not retarded and you know Congress as a whole makes decisions, it is a democracy.

Boohoo about the NG being in Iraq. The Ohio Valley had massive flooding for two years from Ivan and the likes. The edge of my backyard is roughly 30 yards from the river, and it was inches within cresting it. So get that bullshit out of here. We didn't get any aid from FEMA, National Guard, anything. Half of those people down there need to stop stealing stupid shit or crying their ass off about how hard up they have it now [it could have been a tsunami, count yourself lucky]. Go steal a broom and help rebuild your community instead of shooting aid workers off and whining to the media how the man is oppressing you.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 06:06 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Clinton is an idiot as well.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 06:26 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

from Michael Moore.com

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 06:28 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just want to say that I think Cindy Sheehan is a dumb bitch. Her son was not drafted and chose to be in the military. She should have known that he could be killed in that type of job.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 07:14 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I've heard, Clinton's administration cut funding, too, to play hardball with LA regarding some oil deal. I have to research it more, but the fact is, it has been known since 1995, and likely earlier, that a hurricane striking New Orleans would be one of the worst possible natural disasters possible in the US. That's 10 years of failing to develop some plan to take care of the problem. You can't blame that on any president. The LA governor should have called up the guard when the storm was upgraded to cat 5. The NO mayor should have been informed of and ready to deal with the possiblity of flooding in a city that is so deep in the ground, it requires levees and active pumping to stay dry. The fact is, the failings on the part of construction codes, poor or absent evacuation plans and supplies, and inaction leading up to, during, and after the storm are directly responsible for the devastation turning into anarchy.

--------------------

signature

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2005 09:09 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that it's a bit unfair to place blame squarely on Bush's shoulders when the state and local governments have known that this sort of thing WILL happen with a storm like this . Not that it was a possibility, or that NOLA might be completely flooded... then knew that it would indeed happen at some point in the future. They could have done something about it, but they didn't.

In light of the fact that there was inadequate flood protection for a storm of this proportion, the should have taken much greater measures to get more people out of the city. The resources were there before the storm... but they waited, and everything was washed away because of it.

The fact of the matter is that, yes, Bush and the federal could have and should have done more immediately following the hurricane. But by the same token, the city and state should have stepped up in the days preceding the storm to either get people out or to get search & rescue and other relief crews ready. They practiced for this sort of scenario several times in the past, and they said they would be as ready as they could be for when this finally happens. They were wrong.

Making scapegoats does not make the situation any better. For now, we should be focusing what can be done to make the situation better.
http://www.wired.com/news/planet/0,2782,68738,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 12:35 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The fact of the matter is that, yes, Bush and the federal could have and should have done more immediately following the hurricane.

I'm absolutively positive that would have if they could have. Legally, it requires action the part of the government of Louisianna. The US armed forces have very specific rules on how and when they can occupy the motherland, and until they're requested, their hands are tied. That goes all the way back to the constitution.

--------------------

signature

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 01:04 AM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny thing is the idiots will rebuild the city below sea water again. Just like the idiots that live near the mississippi river, along the beach or on side of hills in the west coast.

Who wouldn't like a beach front property?

I really do not want to pay for this crap anymore.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 04:55 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually it wasn't below sea level originally. It's been sinking for years.

[ 09-04-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 09-04-2005 05:25 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one major reason for cities to sink is that they deplete their underground water reserves

dunno if it's the case here, but I'd place a small bet that overusing ground water has it's share in the sinkage

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-04-2005 11:53 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Complains about black people being show stealing things other than food, while white people are shown stealing only food. Thats partially the media's fault, but its just as much those stealing things other than food.

Ok, so black people are the only one's stealing and white people only steal food. That's total BS and a very racist thing to say any way you look at it.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 12:22 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats what Kanye West said. You can find the script via google.

btw cac, thanks for posting some idiot propoganda from michael moore. he's single handled the biggest idiot in america. whether you believe it or not, i respect you a little bit less for even finding it, let alone subjecting the rest of us to it.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 08:23 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Michael Moore made a few good points (facts)that cannot be disputed regardless of what you or anyone think about him. Or can you prove everything he claims is fabricated?

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 09:51 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think he made any good points.

quote:
Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted.

First, boats would be far better. Second, the federal government specifically does not have the right to deploy armed forces to American soil unless specifcally requested by the state's authorities. Period.

quote:
Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with? Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

Again, not the president's fault. Like I said before, as soon as the storm started building in the Gulf, and the forecast showed it turning northward, the Governor of LA should have started calling for help. She requested nothing until two or three days after the storm, and then she did it by calling the FORMER head of FEMA from the Clinton administration.

quote:
I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

What could he have done in Louisiana? He's constantly in contact with everybody that he needs to be to run the country. It doesn't matter if he's in the White, Kennebuckport, or dogsledding through fucking Alaska. IF the state of Louisiana wanted federal help, THEY would need to proactively contact the federal government for it.
quote:
And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row.

That is an appropriation that should be left to the local state, county, and city governments. I wouldn't expect federal money to reinforce homes or roads in fault zones in California, either. And I would have a directly beneficial stake is such pork.
quote:
You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

Look at the reconstruction of the failed levee. It's been going on for about 10 or 12 hours now, and it's more than half done. It looks to me like we have more than enough manpower. The whole situation would have been far better if they were allowed to come in and start working 4 days ago, but GOVERNOR DIDN'T CLEAR IT. There should have been a declaration of martial law as soon as the city flooded. Contrast the situation in LA to what's happening where the brunt of the storm hit in MI. The MI authorities had actually planned for disasters and have had people returning to their homes to assess damage since Friday. At that time in NO, we were still hearing about rape and murder in the Astrodome.

quote:
On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.
If I was president, I wouldn't have landed there. Not while people are SHOOTING AT RESCUE WORKERS. There was a similar situation in Los Angeles in the Watts riot of '92. Enough dipshits were shooting at the LAFD that the LAFD said fuck it and let them burn themselves down. The social unrest in New Orleans was a direct result of the failure to properly plan for a disaster (and I'm getting really sick of say this) BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.

quote:
There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you.

As if that not the case here, fatass? And they'll inevitably be poorly informed and highly vitriolic, like Kayne West's outburst. (To be contrasted with Anderson Cooper and Geraldo Rivera, both of whom have been on camera since the shit hit the fan and have no qualms pointing out the vicious squalor for their viewers in a largely apolitical yet outraged manner)
quote:
Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.
Don't be so egocentric. Huge storms are rare, but they happen. Remember George Clooney's tear-jerking moment as he went down with his ship in A Perfect Storm? That was a true story from about 20 years ago. And Camille... And Andrew... The storms aren't bigger or more frequent than in the past. They are, however, more widely experienced through the wonders of modern information broadcast technologies.

[/quote]No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. [/quote]
Well, I can't argue that. I guess the only fact I've seen here is the one that made in tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. There is nothing President Bush could have done to reverse over a hundred years of cultural implosion.

quote:
C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

What about if this happened in Houston? They're mostly black. And have a large Ghetto. Or if it happened in Missippi or Florida or Georgia? Or wait... it did and it has. It kind of makes one think that perhaps much of this disaster was due to some sort of local phenomena that somehow slipped past the local planners ability to function...

Frankly, I'm feeling a little too blue-faced to finish off the rest. The guy that wrote that piece is a big, fat tool.

--------------------

signature

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 09:53 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and I like this. watch the video.

[ 09-04-2005: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2005 11:51 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well when he said airlifted the point was rescued not with what method. Frankly I think airlift is the way to go since many people are on roof tops. How do you rescue people in city streets with a boat?

As far as when to have the Federal government take over control if the stupid mayor of NOLA can’t decide then someone needs to coax him. I can’t imagine the president would get much flak if he decided to jump in before a damn piece of paper is ‘officially signed’ if it were to save thousands of lives.

What about the fact that the national guard one of whose main purpose is to protect LA during a terrorist or natural disaster was depleted? You never responded to that fact.

A great leader would have flown to the disaster immediately to show his presence, if not they are nothing more than a manager.

The reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget is just an example of cuts in our country that hurt our national security (in this case against natural disasters) while we heavily fund that stupid ass war in Iraq. Money that we cannot ‘obviously’ spare if we have to make those kinds of cuts.

Once again he is saying not only did you cut monies that could have been used to fix the levees ‘in advance’ the Army Corps of Engineers are not even available since they are busy in Iraq. <== Are you saying those statements are not facts?

Once again the president if a good leader must make a show of presence. I think the people protecting him can figure out how to keep him safe. After all this is 2005.

I guess fatass is just a name like dumbass or dickwad since I doubt he will read this bb and have his feelings hurt for being overweight. It’s his job to write this type of ‘propaganda’ or whatever you choose to label it.

Maybe Michael Moore believes what ‘some’ scientists speculate. It’s his right to believe what theory he chooses. Maybe you’re right on this one. Most scientists are insane.

The president can’t reverse over a hundred years of cultural implosion by himself. But he as a leader could try to help.

I don’t look at it as a race thing. It’s more of a poor thing…

[ 09-04-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 09-05-2005 12:09 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can you blame the president when so many people are dropping the ball?

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-05-2005 12:33 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I blame them all.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2005 09:40 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Barbra Bush on Katrina:
http://drudgereport.com/bb.mp3

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-06-2005 11:01 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Barbra Bush on Katrina:
http://drudgereport.com/bb.mp3

I heard about this morning in class. Her level of understanding just isn't there. It sounds like something my grandma would say too. I am sure she meant well.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2005 11:17 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know she did. It made me laugh though.

--------------------

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2005 02:53 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason the administration is getting so much flack beyond the obvious, is the attitude. We've had 5 years of the cocky, we're in charge shit, we'll get them terrorist and they fuck up on all fronts.

- Osama is still free and living large
- No WMDs
- $3.50 per gallon
- The world now hates us (again) because of rampant wannabe (weak) imperialism
- 10K dead in new orleans and our recovery looks like 3rd world nation disaster recovery
- Done nothing on social security reform
- Done nothing on IRS reform
- Done nothing on on drilling in Alaska
- No new refineries planned for anywhere in the country and no new legistation to help

Republicans run the whitehouse
Republicans run the Senate
Republicans run the House
Republicans govern 2/3 of the states

Look I don't care who is in the whitehouse, just get something done other than bitching and whining and spending more money as a percent of GDP than any other administration.

Christ, I'd take Nixion back and welcome Regan with open arms over the crap.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2005 09:20 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/The-Daily-Show-Katrina-Disaster.mov

--------------------

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2005 11:02 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Disaster? They should be happy since their all underprivileged anyway.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2005 09:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2005 10:12 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
god i'm going to hell for laughing at that
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2005 10:43 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2005 01:15 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROFL!

I love incidental/accidental sub-texts like that.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2005 02:24 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well at least their can't be a 3rd term.

yet.

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2005 08:48 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bush might be a dumb asshole (I'd doubt it, the "dumb" anyways) but Michael Moore gives assholes a bad name. The Feds don't control the Louisianna National Guard, the Governor does. By law, at least 50% of the LA Nat. Guard (and their helos) are required to be in-state, or not deployed. Where's the problem now ? Shut Up, Fat Ass ...

Don't you think since Bush 1, Presidents (meaning the last 2) have seemed less "presidential", more prone to dumbass stunts and easier to second guess ? Is the quality level of the pool of politicians available getting lower, or are our analytical skills getting better ?

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2005 09:17 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think it's either of those, jon. I think somehow, the good politicians just curbed in the primaries, indicating that, on average, our analytical skills are suffering.

--------------------

signature

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com