Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » New Orleans Is going to get pounded!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Orleans Is going to get pounded!!!
D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 08-28-2005 11:57 AM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If your anywhere from just west of Houston Tx to 100 miles east of New Orleans get the f*ck north as fast as you can.

This next one is a huge guess. I have watched the path of this sucker and i think their projected aim is off. At the least straight up and to the west just a bit. Thats my guess.

For those that remember the days when I drove truck, you can remember i was in the middle of the that hurricane warning around Houston TX back in 99. It turned and went south west and not north. Most every one since has been the same way.
Just a guess :/
Wherever it lands it will do the same as any other place im guessing. Gook luck you guys that are near. God be with you.

--------------------

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 08-28-2005 12:33 PM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

It looks like something out of "The Day After Tomarrow" Damn that thing is huge.

--------------------

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-28-2005 01:53 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its not uncommon for Ohio to catch the aftermath of tropical depressions, even as far north as Cleveland, which is not much more than overcast cloudy skies for 2 or 3 days and rain, and maybe a day of storms.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-28-2005 07:06 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My house is in the Ohio Valley. The river is going to get fucked.

And Morgantown is going to get pounded with rain. We always end up with a lot of rain from things like these.

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 08-28-2005 07:21 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone explain home insurance to me. If you pay the extra for flood insurance are you 100% covered if your house gets trashed by a hurricane?
Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-28-2005 09:33 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought you were Mr. Realtor, figured you'd know these things. Anyway, seeing as how in your hypothetical you paid for flood insurance and the house gets torn apart by a hurricane (read: a != b), i'm guessing that it won't help much. You might be able to replace all the wet carpet, or what's left of it.

--------------------

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 08-28-2005 11:30 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flux, whats up your ass? Please quit being a dick!

I've got a valid question. If your house is 100% totaled will insurance cover it or are you screwed?

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 12:17 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would expect it to be covered in homeowners. But in times of real disasters, insurance companies usually try to find a way out. You should have seen the messes in LA after the Northridge Quake. We had plenty of class action suits and bankrupting insurance companies.

But I wouldn't expect that the storm will be too bad in Delaware.

[ 08-29-2005: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 12:27 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a bit of flodding in Calgary during the big rains in June and a lot of people were suprised to find out their "flood insurance" did not include flooding from rain, overun rivers or creeks. I guess all it was good for is a flood caused by broken water pipes or whatever.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 08-29-2005 03:17 AM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something i didnt know about New Orleans, the city is 8-10 below sea level in town. OMG!!
Why would they do that? Oh well, 10 feet above an they would get pounded just as hard.
Hope all are safe in the path of this storm. I just wish we had this much time to prepare for quakes. The cities would be empty in California.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 07:37 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The media hypes everything to hell.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 10:27 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
Something i didnt know about New Orleans, the city is 8-10 below sea level in town. OMG!!
Why would they do that? Oh well, 10 feet above an they would get pounded just as hard.
Hope all are safe in the path of this storm. I just wish we had this much time to prepare for quakes. The cities would be empty in California.

I heard the airport is something like 5meters above sea level. Oh well, that will be OK then.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 10:29 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doublefresh:
Someone explain home insurance to me. If you pay the extra for flood insurance are you 100% covered if your house gets trashed by a hurricane?

Without trying to sound like a dick have you called your insurance company and asked them? Even if it's not one of your properties you are asking about you can ask them. Chances are they will know more than a bunch of nerds on a Quake messageboard.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com