Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?
LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 08-24-2005 05:27 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs, and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue about it a while, then move it to the Electrical section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” …

another 6 to condemn the first 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly and politically correct.

19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different kinds and brands of light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s.

3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 people to hotlink to pictures of lightbulbs hosted on geocities.

6 people to complain about dead images.

3 people to tell them to right click the image and copy the URL into another window.

13 to read all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers, images and signatures, and add “I agree”.

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-24-2005 05:54 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I changed a lightbulb once. It was old and cracked and when I tried to twist it out of the socket, it broke. Had to jam a half a potato on there to get the rest out.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-24-2005 06:03 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, Vader.

That sounds like a Fark thread.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 08-25-2005 12:29 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe..

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 08-26-2005 06:41 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't we have a similar topic already?

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-26-2005 10:00 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Soooooo true Vader, soooooooo true!
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 02:47 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had to change a lightbulb last week. I wish it would do that automagically.
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 10:32 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
I changed a lightbulb once. It was old and cracked and when I tried to twist it out of the socket, it broke. Had to jam a half a potato on there to get the rest out.

That's a great fucking idea. We had a busted oven bulb and I had to get it out using pliers after I switched off the breaker. It would have been so much easier for me to drive to the grocery store and buy some potatoes instead. Just kidding, I think the potato idea is great and I can't wait for my next bulb to break.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-29-2005 10:34 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordVader:
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs, and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue about it a while, then move it to the Electrical section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” …

another 6 to condemn the first 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly and politically correct.

19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different kinds and brands of light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s.

3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 people to hotlink to pictures of lightbulbs hosted on geocities.

6 people to complain about dead images.

3 people to tell them to right click the image and copy the URL into another window.

13 to read all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers, images and signatures, and add “I agree”.

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I agree.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 08-29-2005 10:50 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet Jonathan Harris could do it in one try.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 08-30-2005 09:35 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate being a rich American fool. What a couple of bad films. How gay and Canadian and boring.

Ewwww. I hate Padme Amidalla. She's a prostitute from Plano with no rights.

I must write a book?

This is a joke isn't it?

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 08-30-2005 09:38 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's too much for Star Wars and Testosterone. Those dvds are informing the public to be ok with being gay, with hiring lower classes of people, with getting away with murder, with wearing stupid Japanese designers, and... to be ok with ridiculous and stupid people. Those stupid dvds assume we Americans are all wealthy and gay. That's what I wrote, last night, near the finish of my big bottle of wine.

Did you catch the butt shot of dumb gay actor? Dumb, hairy, - not invited to intelligence at all. Not welcome in homosexuality whatsoever. An idiot because of it, wasting money, killing and shooting and drug doing and making money scribbling about that. What a freak. He's like, considered profoundly important because his jeans fit or because his beard is thick. And the stupid mexican lover has scribbled on himself like the other stupid straight crappers have, sleazes up the waiter, just has the right to butt fuck him in the next room from his wedding party. I'm tired of it. I'm sick of looking at it. I'm sick of that being allowed.

It's hateful.

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com