Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » What chu playin' foo?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What chu playin' foo?
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 08-11-2005 12:27 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Games I mean.

I reinstalled Fallout 2 and it's been eating my time as of late. I am trying to make a really good hand to hand combat guy.

Also, I've been playing the first KOTOR since I picked it up for just 20 bucks.

rpg nerd

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-11-2005 12:42 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't played anythigng for a while. I bought some games to play when my brother-in-law was across but I didn't play them, he uses cheats and I don't like that. One day when I was at work he used a method to get my golfer millions of dollars on Tiger Woods which kinda defeats the purpose of playing. He did the same sort of thing with San Andreas. Why bother if you're just gonna cheat? I use cheats after I have taken a game as far as I can but not before (unless it's Hot Coffee of course ). Haven't tried that yet though.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 08-11-2005 06:11 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
battlefield 2 is the only thing i've played as of late.

KOTOR was great. KOTOR2 ate sweaty nuts.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
CellCloneBot
Sarge
Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted 08-12-2005 02:19 AM     Profile for CellCloneBot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have completed Bloody Road: Primal Fury for Gamecube. Just unlocking all of the fighters.

I am in between Zelda: WW and also Blood Rayne, but they are losing their magic and I'm withdrawing from not smoking up for since sunday.

--------------------

-She could join the game boy
She could be another clone!

Posts: 68 | From: Area 51, Canada That's right canada! | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-12-2005 02:29 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which came with my X800XL.

That's about all really. The odd game of UT2k4 (multi). I liked KotOR2, and the original will always be one of my favs. I have splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, but I'm not that interested in trying it out. (came with a vid card)

I lost my Fallout disc, and I never played fallout2.

Max, you would have loved Fallout. There are no real cheats for it. About the closed you can do is when building your character, max out his/her luck.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 08-12-2005 02:34 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still playing World of Warcraft.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 08-14-2005 04:17 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm playing this cool economic managering game. We design and make products, market and sell them, try to make a big profit and grow and hire new people. It's exciting, and damn addictive! I feel most of my time goes into that game lately...

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 08-14-2005 01:19 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the first fallout was way better, IMO. I never had enough interest to play all the way through #2. I did get as far as the oil rig, though. I think it was because of all the movie-spoof random encounters. They really broke the flow of the game. And the story was much more interesting to me in part 1.

I just got a new video card last week so I'm trying out Far Cry now. I'm not very impressed by the game but the graphics are pretty sweet. Next up in Half Life 2 and Battle for Hill 30. And maybe a fallout game again.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 08-14-2005 01:37 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i heard good things about brothers in arms, unfortunately i was one of the thousands that couldn't play it. constant CTD's, without the developer/publisher offering a patch.

[ 08-14-2005: Message edited by: burble ]

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-14-2005 06:54 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Guys! I'm gonna check out FallOut!!

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-14-2005 09:46 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A game called Cave Story. Anyone that calls themself a gamer owes it to themself to play this game. Its slick, tight and fun as hell.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 08-14-2005 09:46 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy ~ I own both Fallout's and was going to play the first one as well but I was getting weird visual errors in XP. I didn't look for a fix but their might be one. Do you know how to fix it? The game screen is all black until I move the cursor over it and then sections appear gradually as I move my mouse around but eventually it turns back to black.

Max ~ I picked up the Fallout Pack which is Fallout 1 and 2 for 10 bucks at Walmart a couple of years ago. Try searching for it, you should be able to find the games for real cheap.

[ 08-14-2005: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-14-2005 09:47 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and I got a friend that let me install his copy of Uplink, an old school hacker sim. It looks pretty fucking cool, but I only played through the tutorial, so I think I barely scratched the surface.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 08-15-2005 01:53 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xan - no idea. I haven't played the original fallout in like 6 or 7 years. You might want to try running under an emulator called dosbox. If you do, I suggest a cycles=20000 or so in its config to avoid choppiness.

And now that I've set Far Cry's visuals to the max, I'm extremely impressed by its graphics. And the farther I get through the game, the more I hate how it plays. The controls are overly complicated (Delta Force's were way better) and it seems like the enemies take WAY too much damage to defeat (they'll sometimes take 9 or 10 shots to the chest from an MP5 and still get up and charge you. Or 3 or 4 head shots. And full-auto fire seems to do far less damage than semi-auto from the same weapons.) And the story is totally generic. It is to the latest wolfenstein what the latest wolfenstein was to the original dark forces. This time around, it's a mad scientist and genetically engineered mutants.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 08-15-2005 09:16 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy ~ I might give that a shot. I am sure its a DirectX conflict since when I installed the game it asked me if I wanted to install DX3 or something.

Also, I downloaded the F.E.A.R demo and its pretty fun. Really nice graphics and the gameplay is pretty cool too. It kind of reminds me of the first Half Life for some reason.

Heres a link http://www.3ddownloads.com/Action/F.E.A.R./Demos/fear_spdemo_en.zip

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-15-2005 01:11 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I thought Farcry was kind of dumb too. the graphics kicked ass though.

I think you'll be more impressed with Half-Life 2, WillyT. Better graphics, and better gameplay.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 08-15-2005 05:33 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.nexuiz.com/

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com