Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Whats on your playlist?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats on your playlist?
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 01:27 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think we've done this in awhile.

Right now I just started listening to Orbitals Orbital(1) album, better know as the Green Album.

I've also been listening to a few new cds that I just bought. Man in Fromaldehyde, Atone, and Pelpp and A. Vanranken. You can check out a sample from each album right here.
http://www.chromaburn.com/mp3s/

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 01:29 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slipknot - The Subliminal Verses

+ chevelle, staind, mudvayne, godsmack, etc.

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 01:37 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It varies a lot, but lately:
Cave In (Both their hardcore & spacerock stuff)
Anadivine
Coheed & Cambria
At the Drive-In
Sparta
The Mars Volta
Anberlin
Bear Vs. Shark
Botch
Minus the Bear
Code Seven (Once again, both hardcore & space rocky stuff)
Circa Survive
Dead Poetic
Emery
Every Time I Die
Foredirelifesake
He is Legend
Daughters
Open Hand
Saosin
Opeth
Dillenger Escape Plan
Foo Fighters
The Beautiful Mistake
The Color Turning
The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza
Thrice
Vaux
Sunny Day Real Estate
Shai Hulud
Skycamefalling
The Sleeping
Mae
Poison the Well
Eighteen Visions (older stuff)
and Bleeding Through

I usually download 2-3 albums a day off of a hardcore/indie/emo tracker that I'm a member of, so I've got so much music I just try to do the alphabet every day.

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: Scooby ]

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 01:39 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scooby, I am a big ATDI fan, love them but could never really get into the offshoots of the band both Sparta and The Mars Volta didn't do much for me.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 01:41 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really? Play them both at once and it's like listening to At the drive-in again.

I heard that a guitarist from Sparta quit and joined up with the Mars Volta not too long ago because their's died or something. Heh, I guess the running joke now is how are they going to make albums when their friends stop dying?

I also highly recommend checking out the new Coheed song, even if you don't like his voice. Everyone I know who hates Coheed is amazed by their new song: http://www.burningstariv.com

Oh, and while I'm listing bands off, this is the band I'm a roadie for right now: http://www.myspace.com/sleeptighttiger

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: Scooby ]

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 02:24 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been going over my old Slinky albums. Found out one of the CDs on the first one has a hole in it Amazingly, it still plays through. I'm going to need to copy it off.

And the radio.

Plus whatever crap I have in my mp3 collection. Fair bit of classic rock. Little bit of Zepplin, little bit of Creedence, little bit of the Beatles. And the Stones. Oh, and big hair 80s monster ballads.

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 11:07 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acid:
Slipknot - The Subliminal Verses

+ chevelle, staind, mudvayne, godsmack, etc.

rofl. you say the beatles suck, and THIS is your excuse for good music? slipknot, mudvayne, godsmack? were they out of korn CD's at hot topic or something?

also, i agree that sparta and mars volta are lame at best. no energy at all, nothing like ATDI.

anyway- i've been listening to dredg's new CD for awhile. i don't think it's as great as their previous two as a whole, but it's still a damn good. also still listening to a lot of faith no more, mostly angel dust and AOTY.

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: burble ]

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 11:11 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SomaFM and 00Bliss

sometimes even PureDJ

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 01:42 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
rofl. you say the beatles suck, and THIS is your excuse for good music? slipknot, mudvayne, godsmack? were they out of korn CD's at hot topic or something?

also, i agree that sparta and mars volta are lame at best. no energy at all, nothing like ATDI.

anyway- i've been listening to dredg's new CD for awhile. i don't think it's as great as their previous two as a whole, but it's still a damn good. also still listening to a lot of faith no more, mostly angel dust and AOTY.

[ 07-22-2005: Message edited by: burble ]

Get off my cock idiot. I don't like idiot hippies dancing around with banjos and banjos. I like rock. I also don't need to listen to COMPLETELY UNDERGROUND shit to give me the sense that I'm listenging to "omg real music i hope they don't sell out" shit.

also, korn sucks. johnathon davis has one of the most annoying voices in the world. and i wouldn't even know wtf they had in hot topic, tool. you seem to know a lot more about the treading-the-gay lifestyle than anyone else here. Its ok, really!

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 02:23 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my suspicions are confirmed- you, for all intents and purposes, appear to be mentally retarded.
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 02:37 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
my suspicions are confirmed- you, for all intents and purposes, appear to be mentally retarded.

i'll let my parents know we can carpool to school now.

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 03:38 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Genesis
Genesis
Genesis

Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2005 04:11 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rotf @ Acid, you could call it tardpooling, lol.

I've been listening to several DJ mixes by the young Greek producer/DJ V-Sag (Vasilis Sagonas, http://www.v-sag.com/downloads.asp). He's incredible! Dark, subtle, complex.. I can't believe the kid's only 20 years old. Most of his material is still unsigned, but labels are starting to take notice. Any progressive house fans here should absolutely check out the promo mixes available at that link. His Therapy Sessions set is my favorite.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2005 07:07 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today its the newest Nine Inch Nails CD. Btw I haven't listened to Orbital in a long time, thanks for reminding me.
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2005 10:17 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burble - Which FNM CDs do you like best? Have you tried any of Mike Patton's other bands? Loveage is one of the best!

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2005 04:48 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanna lock Betty Crocker in the kitchen
And knock her upper during supper
Clutter up her butter gutter
Hostess Ding Dong wrapped an eggroll around my wong
While Dolly Madison proceded to ping my pong
Your Milky Way is M'n'M in your britches
And I'll tell you Baby Ruth it looks mighty delicious
Keep blowing my gum, cuz here I come
I'm gonna get you all sticky with my Bubble Yum

Knick knack paddywhack and give your dog a bone, baby

I was givin' some head to some french bread
It was a four course orgy on the spread of my bed
French kissin' french fries in my Fruit of the Looms
I get deeper penetration with a fork and a spoon

I got yogurt meat loaf smeared all over my ass
I stick my weiner in two buns and and then give it the gas
Sour cream from my spleen into Levi jeans
Gonna bust the seams with my refried beans

Ronald McDonald just loves to be fondled
With Big Mac he'll fuck it like a Chicken McNugget
Colonel Sanders wants to goose Granny's loose caboose
He's gonna give her a boost with that Kentucky fried juice
Sooper doop poop scoop, loop de loop, chicken coop
Shoot some hoop, top sirloin from the groin
Topped with dick cheese, sneeze, wheeze,
From the skeez disease, wooi!

Take a dump, baby, squirt some gravy
Pour some sugar on me, honey, make it brown and runny!!
Give a little Flavor Flav, back from the grave
Gonna burn some toast, pump some humpin' rump roast

Knick knack paddywhack, jump in the sack, in fact
Jerk the smack and crack Jack from the back
Bananarama or ramabanana
Fuckin' Barry Manilow on the Copa Cabana

Squeeze me macaroni, slop your face with my bologna

You gotta siphon the spinach, you gotta cream the corn
Sperm scrambles the eggs and a meal is born
Cookin' like a beginner, but I'm goin' up in her
I had Fritos for lunch I'm havin' bush for dinner
Chef Boyardee and the Three Muskateers
Shove Charleston Chews in their rears like queers
"Holy moly, guacamole!" said my Chips Ahoy
I'm gonna pinch a ravioli on the Pillsbury dough...BOY!!!

Knick knack paddywhack and give your dog a boner, baby

We came to potty...we came to potty down your throat!

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2005 07:57 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Burble - Which FNM CDs do you like best? Have you tried any of Mike Patton's other bands? Loveage is one of the best!

...angel dust and AOTY. i've been meaning to pick up king for a day, but havn't gotten around to it. some of the older stuff is good, but it's a bit hit and miss.

i do not like mr bungle. as someone who enjoys bands like glassjaw and ATDI, it somehow seems odd to say this, but...it's too crazy for me. i just don't get it.

i need to check out some of his other stuff. fantomas any good?

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-23-2005 08:38 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantomas is great, check out Director's Cut. The new album, suspended animation, sounds like the soundtrack to a demented cartoon.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2005 11:26 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Dust is my favorite. King for a Day...(Fool for a Lifetime) is good. I like Album of the Year quite a bit. I even like The Real Thing.

As far other Patton project's:

Try Loveage for sure. I can't say enough about how great it is.

Mr. Bungle is my favorite after Loveage (try California if you have not heard that one)

Fantomas is more hit or miss for me. Director's Cut is all movie themes and is cool.

Tomahawk is ok.

His solo stuff can be really weird.
http://www.etl.hu/~csego/patton/

[ 07-23-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2005 12:56 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i had never heard of lovage, but i'm checking it out right now.

dan the automator? hells yes.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 07-24-2005 01:43 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's this place in Buffalo that's famous for their wings... Mike Patton said during a Tomahawk that he would be there after the show so we went but he didn't.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com