Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Saabaru (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Saabaru
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 05:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's for Steph. She has wanted a Saab ever since I've known her and her car has been paid off for over 2 years now.

The model she wants is the 9-2X Aero AWD, which is basically the Subaru Impreza WMX with a nicer body, better/quieter-interior, etc. The entire drive train and chassis is Subaru. We both test drove the Saab and it drives nice. The ‘Aero’ version has a 2.0 Turbo-charged engine with 227 HP and it moves out. I like the fact that it is a modified wagon and is AWD. We will definitely go with the Aero which in addition to the turbo has a sport tuned suspension, better wheels, better sound system (in dash 6 CD changer, 6 speakers, etc), etc.

With GM Employee discount and a 6K rebate we can get this car for $20K instead of almost 30K. So now is the time to buy it.

http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/92x/index.jsp
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0406_first_saab/index.html

Here is the Subaru model WRX that this Saab is built around:

http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=IMPREZA&trim=WRX_SPORT_WAGON

I think the Saab looks better than the Subaru but I am confident in the Subaru power train.

[ 07-12-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

[ 07-13-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

[ 07-17-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 05:55 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Subarus are good cars. You can beat the hell out of them. That Saab looks alright too. Hope you like it.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 06:17 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks.

We really need for one of us to have a new car since we go up North Michigan 4-5 times a year now that her parents moved near Traverse City. Plus we like to drive to Chicago often too. Her current car which has less than 70k miles, is not the best handler in the winter and my Toyota has over 115k and I suspect that the transmission may go at any time.

I think I may get something new next year. I want a slightly bigger SUV than my current Toyota RAV-4. I am considering for myself the new Nissan Pathfinder or Murano or maybe a Toyota 4-Runner.
http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/i/5pt/5pth_gal_big12.jpg
http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/i/3mu/3murano_gal_big04.jpg
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/4runner/gallery/exterior/large/photo_3.jpg

My 1st choice is the 4-Runner which is the most expensive of the three.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 08:36 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My condolences to you, Cac. SAABs are maybe good cars but their drivers are usually arseholes.

I'm going to miss you.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 08:45 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha Max - When I posted this one I thought about that other thread where you said that recently.

It's ok Steph will be driving it mostly not me! =)

--------------------

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 09:28 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always liked Saabs, particularly the old 900s.. Good luck with it. Enjoy

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2005 09:29 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just be warned, repairs on a Saab can get expensive compared to your usual American or export car.

Did they ever start giving an automatic transmission option yet?

Duh.. It's obviously automatic from the pic. Looks like it has a sport-shift too.

[ 07-10-2005: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBoB
Sarge
Member # 32

Rate Member

posted 07-11-2005 08:57 AM     Profile for RoGuEBoB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my boss has a 9-5 Aero and he loves it though with him I doubt the turbo gets the workout it deserves . it's an automatic though it lets you shift manually with paddles on the back of the steering wheel.

[ 07-11-2005: Message edited by: RoGuEBoB ]

--------------------

i like the x

Posts: 607 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-12-2005 02:01 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got a '96 9000 CSE Turbo, and it's an awesome car. Someome told me that Saab's gone downhill a bit since they were bought by GM, but I'm sure you'll love the 9-2X either way.
Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 08:05 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Theres one thing I'll never understand: sport shift transmissions. What the fuck is the point? It still shifts *like* an automatic (because it IS one), it just shifts *sorta* when you want it to. You can't hit gears hard, you can't downshift into high revs smoothly.. there's no point. Gay. It's so bitches who can't drive get to feel cool. And that goes for men and women.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 09:29 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really have to agree with bitch on that one. I can't see myself getting a car without a clutch at any time in the foreseeable future. Well, I can't see myself getting a car at any time in the foreseeable future, so I suppose that's moot. I've been wanting to test drive the Subarus, though. It's a shame they don't have a RWD platform. I mean, I guess AWD is better than FWD but it's still based off an FWD platform so the weight is balanced way forward.

But anyway, from what I've SAABs are decent cars. I had a roommate last year with an '03 9-3 and it was fairly stylish. I don't remember what engine it had. I know it was a turbo I-4. The car really screamed out for a big displacement 6, though. Other than having too many bells and whistles like seat warmers and traction control and fancy leather that IMO only remove a driver from the act of driving rather than immersing one in it as an automobile (especially with such a stable and firm suspension) ought to do and being just barely big enough to fit me in the passenger seat (probably couldn't drive one), it seemed like a good ride. He got it for the safety ratings, though. He rolled his previous car and ended up with his head through the sunroof and in the mud. He's the type of guy who values all those creature comfort and computer assisted handling gadgets. Probably couldn't even tell the difference between a tie rod and a drive shaft.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 02:40 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Make sure he checks out the Johnson Rod. Ya gotta have a good Johnson Rod.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 04:13 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't anything about a 'sport' shift. You don't shift this car once you start off you leave it in drive.

It has lower gears for going down steep hills or for pulling a trailer (yes it can pull up to 2K load not that we would do that with it) just like all automatics. As far as I know anyway...

If it were for me strictly I would have gotten the 5 speed manual trans but Steph does not drive a manual and I don't want to teach her. The car is 90% for her. I may drive it when we go on vacation or to downtown Detroit or something but it's her car.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 04:15 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She went with the stain gray (medium gray color) BTW and we are off to pick it up in a few minutes.

Scooby that may be true about recent year Saabs but since this one is 100% Subaru WRX drive train I think it should be fine.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 04:31 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Subarus don't have the Johnson rod problem, as long as the muffler bearings are getting enough voltage.

--------------------

signature

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2005 07:02 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steph and I went to sign the documents and pick-up the new Saab after work today. As we pull into the dealership I notice a lady getting out of a car, which was parked on an angle in the middle of the thoroughfare.

Sure enough she had just backed into a new Saab crunching the hell out of the front fender. I could tell by the color it was Steph’s new car since they only had one in that color. I don’t think Steph realized it yet but within a few minutes she found out it was her car.

The salesperson didn’t know it happened yet and when he saw us he was pointing to the Saab telling us there it is.

I couldn’t help but call that lady that backed into it a dumb fucking bitch. We talked to the salesman for a few seconds and then I decided to call this other Saab dealer where we originally test drove that model but didn’t have the color we wanted at the time.

As I walked to my car to get his phone number I think I called that dumb bitch a ‘stupid fucking cunt’ rather loud.

The salesman from that original dealership (which is actually much closer to our home) was able to get the color we wanted but when he told me this on Monday we were already dealing with the new place. Anyway he has the same model/color and is holding it for us to pick-up tomorrow.

I guess while I was gone making my cell phone call the lady that hit the car was saying something about calling the police because I called her a name. ??? WTH would the police do? It's not like I threatened her. I just stated the facts. Also some nosey couple that was looking at cars approached Steph complaining about my language and had the nerve to say something about what if their children were present. (They weren't present!) I guess Steph shut them down as well as the dumb bitch that hit the car.

The good news is it happened before we signed the papers because then our insurance would have had to cover it.

What a dumb bitch!!!!

All she needed to do was turn her goddamn neck and look behind her before backing up!

At least the place where we will end up buying the car is probably the place we will use for service so that may be best. They tend to take better care of people who bought the vehicle from the dealership that services it.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 02:04 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol. snobby saab stories already eh?!?!

sorry to hear about the dumb fucking cunt. you should have run over her.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 07:53 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All went well today. Now I need a reason to drive it. I may sneak out around 1AM and stress test the turbo.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 07:59 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been reading lately that it's good for an engine to do 3 or 4 four full throttle power burns in the first 20 miles of its life. The idea being that the machining is so good these days that everything will already fit as well as a broken-in engine back in the day and then the high cylinder pressures will mold the rings to bores so well that it'll probably never get any blowback the rest of its life.

Don't know if its true, but the guy had pictures of a dozen pistons that were reportedly from race bikes after a full season of use and showed absolutely no carbon buildup above the ring recesses.

[ 07-13-2005: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 09:13 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think there's some truth to that. I've seen racers pull up to the track with crated 600s. Zero break-in, they ride them like they stole them from mile 0.

Then again, they only expect to get 3 seasons out of a race bike, anyway

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 09:55 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've heard the same thing on various car forums. and what does everyone who says something to the above effect have in common? they cite bike builders as their source.

cars != bikes.

it's like saying you can run your car for a couple years without an oil change because hey, it works for your lawn mower. they both have engines, right?!

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 10:33 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe you don't change your lawnmower oil each year!

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 10:58 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't think i've ever changed my lawnmower oil, actually. if it's low, i add whatever kind of oil i have laying around.

it did quit on me awhile ago. i took the plug out and cranked the motor over a bit. it spit a bunch of brown goo out, then i sprayed the plug with some carb cleaner and put it back in. runs like a champ.

lawnmowers are awesome.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 01:04 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the SAAB and I change my oil less frequently than I change the engine. John Deere, 2 years old and needed a new engine after 12months (HOLE in the top of the block!)

[ 07-14-2005: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 04:33 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You might want to change it, burb. Between the heat, oxygen, and combustion products, and metal surfaces, oil oxidizes and ends up slightly acidic, which isn't exactly the best thing for metal. The general guideline is that it should be changed annually, at the very least.

As for the break in method, It's probably always mentioned as some bike engine builder because of the mototuneusa web page. The wirting style on their description of their method suggests that it may largely be an attempt to drive up traffic across their site. The thing I really wonder about is whether people who use that method have any problemd with any of their bearings. I wouldn't expect that a large bike motor would put more or less pressure on the bearings that an automobile of similar bore/stroke sizes. But for the consideration of the bearings, a lot of people recommend keeping the revs low for the first several hundred miles of the engine's lifetime.

On the off chance that anyone around here is planning any kind of mechanical engineering graduate research, this might be a good project, if there aren't already publications on it.

--------------------

signature

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 11:51 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
God, people are such pussies.

"Watch your language please. Just because I'm dumb as dog shit and don't look where I'm going, doesn't mean you should get mad."

When a person questions my language because I'm upset (with plenty of reason) I give them this option. If the language isn't appreciated, maybe my size 10 foot up your ass would be preferred?

People need to learn. If you do something stupid, expect reprecussions. Its just like if you make a fool out of yourself in front of your friends, you think they are just going to lay it down? They'll be on your case like white on rice.

As for those that stick their nose in your business. I suggest this next time. If they ask you to refrain from the language you are using, get a baseball bat, walk up to their car, and slam the fucking bat right into their bumper.

Now examine their reaction. Make sure to remind them from refraining from using bad language. The kids 10 miles away might hear, but don't worry about the radio 5 feet away from them talking about bucking shots and ripping lines.

Fucking Idiots.

[ 07-14-2005: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 01:21 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I were there when that couple butted in (well at least now that I had time to think about a response) I would have said:

You should be more concerned about that stupid bitch running your children over (if they were here) instead of worrying about them hearing some mildly offensive language! You fucking idiots!

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 04:26 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was an even better response.

Althought I do enjoying shoving my size 10 up an ass here and there.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 05:10 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I knew it!

--------------------

signature

Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 07-14-2005 05:54 PM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grow up. How imature and wrong to call someone such a filthy and hurtful thing. You sound like a materialistic asshole. Oh no the car got hit, so the fuck what? It's a thing. You didn't even own it. You just had the expectation of owning it. Pretty freaking shallow. You didn't even see it happen. How do you know it was completly her fault. Maybe she was under duress. Whatever the nature of the acident, she probly felt bad enough about it already.

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Posts: 85 | From: livingroom | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 07:34 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reality:
Grow up. How imature and wrong to call someone such a filthy and hurtful thing. You sound like a materialistic asshole. Oh no the car got hit, so the fuck what? It's a thing. You didn't even own it. You just had the expectation of owning it. Pretty freaking shallow. You didn't even see it happen. How do you know it was completly her fault. Maybe she was under duress. Whatever the nature of the acident, she probly felt bad enough about it already.

Are you serious???

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 09:11 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol

quote:

Grow up.

(I'm already 42 I need to stop growing or I will eventualy die)

How imature and wrong to call someone such a filthy and hurtful thing.

(I should have been nicer to her huh? Maybe said something like it's ok I don't mind driving for an hour each way in heavy traffic two days in a row only to have to go to yet another dealer on day three. Plus it would be fun to fill out another credit application, call my insurance company and give them a new vin number and fax number. My wife and I don't mind leaving work an hour early yet another day in a row to make to the dealer by close)

You sound like a materialistic asshole. Oh no the car got hit, so the fuck what? It's a thing.

(So it's ok for you Mr. Hypocrite to call me an asshole and say the word fuck? What if children were reading this?)

You didn't even own it. You just had the expectation of owning it.

(I put a down payment on it and was going to sign the documents to own it you dipshit)

Pretty freaking shallow. You didn't even see it happen. How do you know it was completly her fault. Maybe she was under duress.

(We drove in 30 seconds or less after she hit it and her car was backed into it when we first pulled in. Plus that dumb cunt was alone in her car so nobody was causing duress, she was backing out of a parking space without looking behind her and the Saab was parked with nobody in it. It was clearly her fault since no other drivers were involved. Just the dumb cunt and a parked car)

Whatever the nature of the acident, she probly felt bad enough about it already.

(She never once apologized or showed any remorse, you idiot! Quit speculating you dufuss)

Didn't you say you were leaving here and never posting again? You can't even do that right!

BTW what do you think of the new car?

[ 07-14-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 12:57 AM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry my saying that you seemed like an asshole offended you even though you admit to being one in the title of your thread. Also, I really didn't have an issue with your cussing. Only personally abusing others with it.

[edit] I'll just say that your reaction was disproportionate to what happened. If this is typical of how you handle adverse or irritating situations and people you might look into getting some anger management counseling.

[ 07-15-2005: Message edited by: Reality ]

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 07-15-2005 01:17 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the new car, Cac. Glad you could find a replacement so quickly. I haven't heard either way about Saabs, so keep me/us posted on how good or bad it turns out.

quote:
How imature and wrong to call someone such a filthy and hurtful thing. You sound like a materialistic asshole.

You are the weakest link. Good bye.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 02:38 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reality ur a fukken cunt.

just kidding, cac is a nice guy but nice guys are only nice to a extent!

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 03:36 AM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xanthan, your a poopoohead.

--------------------

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 05:26 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
xanthan, your a poopoohead.

/me thinks we got an impostor again...

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 05:27 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, yeah...grats on the car Cac - looks nice!

Bought a Huyndai Coupe myself this winter - first car I've ever had

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 06:10 AM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rivendell:
/me thinks we got an impostor again...

Was I being that obvious? Damn. I knew I should have said doodoohead instead.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 08:30 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reality - The title of this thread has nothing to do with that incident with that dumb cunt. It was a joke to Max about people that drive Saabs being assholes.

Also my comments back to you were mainly an attempt to be funny. I was not the least bit upset with what you said but rather was laughing at your ignorance regarding the situation with the dumb bitch.

Anyway what do you think about the car? =)

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 08:40 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the new Hyundai Coupe Riv. My first car was a crappy old boat Lincoln hand me down from my dad. The backseat was nice though for a 16 y/o.

Xan - Thanks. I really don't lose my temper often IRL. I deal with some really challenged people all day at work regarding computers and have been told that I never make anyone feel stupid. I honestly could not control myself when I blurted out those comments especially when she found out we were buying the car and never attempted to apologize.

Flux - I will keep you posted. (If I ever get to drive the thing) She had the nerve to say that I better not drive it aggressively. Hah! It is almost a station wagon. How aggressive can you drive a wagon?

I wouldn't have bought this Saab or any Saab for myself but it should be a much safer and nicer car for my wife. I never felt good about her driving her old car, which was a 1996 Chevy Cavilar that she bought in 1997 before I knew her.

--------------------

Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 09:26 AM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's all good. I prolly shouldn't argue with you. I'm sure you know more about fucking stupid cunts than anyone here. primo wheels btw. congrats!

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 09:41 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll let that one ride. =)

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 09:42 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only because it was a pretty good 'jab'. (null but good)

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 09:44 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It must be snag posting under his boyfriend's account.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 12:45 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Reality - The title of this thread has nothing to do with that incident with that dumb cunt. It was a joke to Max about people that drive Saabs being assholes.

Yes, but your outburst at the dealership kind proves the point of the joke you were making.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2005 02:12 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It sure looks that way.

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2005 08:44 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burble may think I am sick in the head but not only do I change the oil regularly, I also wash it after every time I use it.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2005 10:02 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And your yard still looks like shit, mmkay? Maybe you should use your mower for mowing instead of hot rodding
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2005 02:39 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I honestly could not control myself when I blurted out those comments especially when she found out we were buying the car and never attempted to apologize.

nope. nobody should ever apologize after being involved in any situation in which culpability will be an issue or in which liabilities will be assessed.. it can be construed as admission of guilt in a court of law. lawyers killed manners.

--------------------

signature

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com