Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Tom Cruise - Biggest moron ever!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tom Cruise - Biggest moron ever!
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 08:19 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's hard to believe how big a fool he is.

How can anyone go see a movie with him in it without being distracted by that idiot?

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 08:23 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quite like his movies to be honest. I don't care what he's like in his personal life. The world will be forever in Tom's debt, just for Top Gun.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 09:09 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like tom cruise.

quit being so negative, cac.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 09:16 AM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tom has been spoiled rich since he was a child. He's so rich he lives in his own little Michael Jackson world.

I'd love to have his money and I do think he is a good actor but he seems like a real freak in real life.

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 09:16 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How could anyone possibly go see a new moview with him in it (like War of the Worlds) and not be distracted by that idiot?

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 09:18 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay? That's what I've done," Cruise said, before launching into an attack on the whole field of psychiatric medicine, which Scientologists spurn.

"Psychiatry is a pseudo science," Cruise said. "She (Shields) doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," he added.

When Lauer repeated that he had known people who had been helped by anti-depressants, Cruise accused him of irresponsibly advocating drugs he knew little about on national television.

"Just knowing people who are on Ritalin isn't enough. You should be a little more responsible," the actor fumed.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050624/en_afp/afpentertainmentus_050624194457

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 01:04 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Max - I agree about not caring about his personal life, however since he insists on blabbing on about things he knows nothing about it's hard to seperate the moron IRL person from the actor.

This is the only way I can think of to shut him up for good:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/kenya_leopard_dc;_ylt=A86.I2Rb5LlCCCwAmwoDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 01:52 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's addled. And that's really no suprise considering he's a higher level Operating Thetan. It takes a certain (high) degree of insanity (and a large, expendable bank account) to wade that deep into scientology. His attempts to draw a starlet into the fold with him got Scarlett Johansson to quit MI:3. From what I hear, Cruz wouldn't join and since his relationship with her ended, his romances were more like interviews. Katie Holmes just happened to be impressionable enough to get sucked in.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 01:57 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and this

--------------------

signature

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2005 02:32 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that guy in Kenya kicks ass.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 06-26-2005 03:31 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my grandpa helped start scientology. funny story actually.

back when he was in his early 20's, he had just gotten outa the navy and was looking for a job. a buddy of his wrote him a letter about this new thing called "dianetics", and how he had to get in on the ground floor of it. so he did.

they started giving seminars for $25 a head. then, as those got really popular, personal consultations for $25/hour. he'd meet with all sorts of people, from the average housewife, to the high-ups at gm. thing is, it was entirely bs. they were making everything up as they went. my grandpa'd tell anyone whatever they wanted to hear. there as no actuall science or anything to it, just whatever sounded good at the time.

he got out of it right before the american dianetics association started getting investigated by the government for practicing medicine without a license. my grandma yelled at him, she told him if they wanted to get married, he had to get a real job. so he talked to one of his contacts at gm that he made and got a job in research & development (my grandpa's a physacist). soon after the american dianetics association became a church to avoid persecution by the federal goverment.

i always thought his story'd make a great movie really.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 02:31 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scooby:
my grandpa helped start scientology. funny story actually.

back when he was in his early 20's, he had just gotten outa the navy and was looking for a job. a buddy of his wrote him a letter about this new thing called "dianetics", and how he had to get in on the ground floor of it. so he did.

they started giving seminars for $25 a head. then, as those got really popular, personal consultations for $25/hour. he'd meet with all sorts of people, from the average housewife, to the high-ups at gm. thing is, it was entirely bs. they were making everything up as they went. my grandpa'd tell anyone whatever they wanted to hear. there as no actuall science or anything to it, just whatever sounded good at the time.

he got out of it right before the american dianetics association started getting investigated by the government for practicing medicine without a license. my grandma yelled at him, she told him if they wanted to get married, he had to get a real job. so he talked to one of his contacts at gm that he made and got a job in research & development (my grandpa's a physacist). soon after the american dianetics association became a church to avoid persecution by the federal goverment.

i always thought his story'd make a great movie really.

Awesome!

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 02:42 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'd need to work an angle where he gets L. Ron Hubbard high on laudanum and fakes the whole alien visitation thing.

Kidding aside though, you know, it's actually genius that they get famous people, people that are easily recognized. Like movie stars. Get them and the easily impressed follow. Pretty soon the whole thing is simply to big to dismiss.

I can respect that kind of insidious strategy.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 10:08 AM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think about how creepy it must for holmes to be alone with cruise. At first, I'm sure she was like "this is tom cruis, wow".. then he starts spouting crazy scientology in that high pitch voice...

Seems cruise finally jumped the shark.

Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 12:41 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess his old publicist used to keep a cork in his mouth but he fired her and she was replaced by his sister who is also brainwashed.

Can you imagine how pissed Steven Speilberg is right now? Talk about the movie! The movie!

--------------------

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 06-27-2005 09:34 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently the media is jumping all over him. Didn't think as many people would give a shit about what he said, even though it was moronic, misinformed, arrogant and extremely narrow-minded.

But how is that different from what other movie stars say? I'm still glad people are jumping on him tho.

I laughed my ass off when I saw a report on some national evening news show that had a psychologist's rebuttal: "He may be a half-way decent actor..." HAH! That's not even a compliment, but he doesn't deserve one anyway. He might as well have said "This proves that he sucks at acting AND is stupid!"

fyi, I still want to, and very well may go see War of the Worlds.

[ 06-27-2005: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 09:38 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have said that it proves that acting doesn't require a brain larger than a peanut.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-2005 09:56 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you probably have a couple peanuts and you'd still be a shit actor.

i just don't see why everyone fucking gives such a shit about what celebrities say and do. get a life.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 09:31 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burble - Are you saying that AW is only slightly smarter than Tom Cruise?

As far as us losers caring about what celebrities say:

1) I really don’t give a rat’s ass about Tom Cruise’s personal life but when I heard him on national television giving out advice on medical and psychological conditions I could not believe how ignorant that guy is. He should stick to his mediocre acting and stfu about medical conditions.

2) The interview with Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer has been televised over and over again so that is the only reason I heard Tom Cruise’s insane comments. Matt Lauer’s statements were almost as ignorant as Cruise’s, especially where he kisses Tom’s ass saying how he seems educated on the subject. WTH? Tom Cruise is not even close to being educated on the subject. Dumb and dumber!

3) Tom Cruise had the nerve to chastise Matt Lauer saying that he should be more responsible when talking about Ritalin. What a joke! Tom Cruise is the one being irresponsible telling people that they should not take drugs ever and they can cure what’s wrong with themselves by taking vitamins and exercising. What is wrong with that moron? There are millions of people that would die if they stopped taking drugs for medical conditions not to mention millions that would be completely insane if not for anti-psychotic medication.

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 10:06 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must see War of the Worlds. I was around the Staten Island filming. Really cool actually.

Oh, and I get to see the Bayonne Bridge turn over on its side and crumble.

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 06-28-2005 02:38 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that people can cure themselves but not necessicarily by using vitamins and exercise. I think the brain's way powerful.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 02:46 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll stop injecting insulin and use my brain instead. I could then go visit the Easter Bunny and see if he has any sugar-free chocolate.

--------------------

Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 06-28-2005 06:43 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm. I wonder if Santa Clause believes in the Easter Bunny.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 07:56 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scratch that.. George Bush is the biggest moron ever. Wipe that fucking smirk off your face, asshole.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 10:20 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well the tom cruise is starting to make a little more sense

--------------------

signature

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-28-2005 11:08 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend of a friend of the uncle of the guy who was so and so's roommate in college said it's true, SO IT MUST BE!!

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 06-29-2005 12:32 AM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tom Likes a He - (anagram of Katie Holmes)

If that's not proof. I don't know what is.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 06-29-2005 04:51 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice.

--------------------

signature

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-29-2005 04:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is another one:

Tom Cruise = i.e. Scrotum

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-30-2005 01:01 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alec Guinness = Genuine Class

What? Oh, we're just doing Tom Cruise ones?

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com