Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Dammit ... Computer to TV problems

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dammit ... Computer to TV problems
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 05-25-2005 06:59 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. If you're using SATA drives in Windows XP, why can't you set DMA to "on" ... or does it do it by default ?

The f**king ATI HD Wonder card insists on it (why ? cuz the Athlon64 3700+ might be overwhelmed ???)

2. How cum the damn Sharp Aquos 45" LCD monitor is recognized by the OS as something other than a "default monitor" ?

Damn, I'm getting tired of this shit ...

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 05-26-2005 01:05 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well. . . check the bios for something about enabling/disabling DMA for both PATA and SATA controllers. If you're using a seperate controller card, I'd look there. Off hand, I'd say either your SOL and SATA doesn't use DMA (which I think it does, but I could be wrong), or it's disabled in the bios, and hence grayed out in windows.

I would also maybe drop a line to ATi support and see what they say.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 05-26-2005 07:35 AM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't help you with your problem but I can say "HeY THERE OLDTIMER, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN???" :-)
Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 05-26-2005 09:30 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you set DMA on the controller card through WindowsXP (in Device Manager)?
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 06-07-2005 04:11 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey 2X ! Cranky and pissy as ever !

There's no SATA controller card in use, but I'll recheck the BIOS settings ... Thanks!

ATI Customer Support ? Unfortunately that seems to be somewhat of an oxymoron, on par with their driver support.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 06-10-2005 02:41 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, their driver support sucks my knob.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 06-10-2005 06:07 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GFKiller:
Yeah, their driver support sucks my knob.

if they can cook too then I'm gonna get more ATi hardware!

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-10-2005 09:15 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh

The drivers aren't so bad now, just the support.

Well Jond? sup?

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com