next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Dreams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 05-23-2005 08:04 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night I dreamt that my boyfriend cheated on me. I know he's not actually capable of doing it in real life but it's still really distressing me.

Earlier this month he broke up with me by telling me that he didn't love me anymore. A few days later he ran all over town to find me and basically told me that the reason he broke up with me was because he was so scared that if he did something wrong that I would break up with him in anger and never speak to him again.

Ever since then I've become dependent, needy, insecure, and annoying (to me). I really really hate it.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 05-23-2005 09:05 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All men are capable of cheating. I think you meant that you are convinced he would never do it.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 05-23-2005 09:14 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The breaking up thing because he was scared seems kind of weird - are you sure he didn't come running back to you because things didn't work out with the other girl? i'd hope not but it does sound suspicious.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 05-23-2005 11:11 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with what Josh and Cac have said. I'm almost in a similar situation right now, so I sympathize with how you're feeling. It's really hard.

Try doing something for yourself - exercise, create, hell - clean your place if it makes you feel good. A little self esteem boost can give you a lot of strength and make you feel better about things. You can do it

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 05-24-2005 02:45 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know, maybe the breakup was so that he could absolve himself of the moral issues surrounding infidelity so that he COULD have a roll with another woman. If you aren't together, then he can't cheat on you.

That being said, that's not likely what went down. I did something similar once. Pulled away from someone I loved cause I was scared.

Then again, it IS possible that your subconscious is trying to tell you something. Has he been behaving. . .odd lately?

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com