next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Well, It's PSP Day

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, It's PSP Day
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 03-24-2005 12:17 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know many were looking forward today (I could care less, I think the PSP is going to fail but thats my opinion).

I thought I'd brighten your days with this article:
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000037037383/

Typical Sony. I can't wait to hear the screams of tragedy for all the PSP purchasers.

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 03-24-2005 03:25 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend of mine bought one from Japan months ago, mainly because he likes electronic toys. I had a little play around with it and it seemed pretty cool.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 03-25-2005 01:11 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked mine up this morning, 24 hours after it went on sale. Nobody was sold out. I think it's fairly obvious that the reason is the high price point. At $250 for the system, plus another $100 for a decent sized memory card, and $40-$50 per game, this isn't a kids system.

That said, my initial impressions are thus: "Dear lord, I've died and gone to heaven".

This is by far the sexiest piece of electronics I own. The graphics are spectacular, and the 3 mins worth of Spiderman 2 (the movie) that I watched were amazing as well.

Unfortunatly, I am stuck at work, so I'll have to wait until I get home to truely fiddle with it, but so far, so great!

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 03-25-2005 05:44 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to Best Buy today and looked real close at one but at the end I decided against one for now. 350.00 Cdn for the mega pack or whatever they called it. Add a decent mem card and a couple games I would actually like and it would have been closer to 600.00 Cdn. I'll wait. My anniversary is next month and now my wife knows there's something she can get me that I dont already have and would really like to have.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 03-25-2005 07:47 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't see the logic in buying movies for them. You can't use them anywhere else?

But it looks cool. I've seen a lot of people complaining about them having dead pixels.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 03-27-2005 07:55 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing that continues to piss me off with some (all?) console makers....get your head out of your ass! Realize these are gaming consoles that people will want to play with their friends so include a fucking memory card and a 2nd joypad! Of course they DO realize this, they just want to milk another 50 or whatever bucks out of you. I think the same applies here. Allow the consumer to buy a product that they can use out of the box without spending more money first!

--------------------

Miss you guys.

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 03-27-2005 08:10 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its actually not the console makers that make those dumb decisions. Its the retailers that force the console makers to make those dumb decisions so they can boast their accessory numbers (the things they make the most money on).
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 03-29-2005 02:25 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also picked one up opening night. All I can say is that it's the tits. Seriously, best console I've ever used. Period. The screen is just amazing.

I'm iffy about the whole UMD thing, but it can play movies and run games off the memory stick, so theoretically you could just get a 1gb and do whatevery you want with it.

Once the web browser comes out, I'm going to pickup the USB keyboard addon, and it'll be the coolest pocked computer evar.

My only beef: I need more sleep and a better gpa now.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 03-29-2005 04:44 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm... noticed 4 stuck pixels last night on my unit. Very, very difficult to see unless the screen is completely black, but they're there. Also, I turned it on once today, and the sound was screwed up, full of static. Powered it off and back on and it was fine.

Calling Best Buy this afternoon to find out what their exchange policy is.

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 03-29-2005 05:07 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if your unit has dead pixels, just poke at the electronics a bit with a screwdriver and then ask for a replacement unit

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 03-29-2005 05:11 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As much as I hate Sony and everything they make, the PSP is actually decent. Overpriced, but decent. Tiger Woods golf on it is fun, but then again, I can get that on other systems.

--------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 03-29-2005 11:56 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lumines is digital crack. Don't buy it if you value your thumbs.
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 03-30-2005 03:50 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scooby:
Lumines is digital crack. Don't buy it if you value your thumbs.

Tell me about it!

My problem is that I'm finding it very hard to change my manner of thinking after years of tetris and bejeweled, etc. I keep subconciously trying to make rows or columns, and end up screwing myself with the squares...

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 03-31-2005 05:27 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, tell me about it. Vs. computer mode is a bitch; Dracula keeps kicking my ass.
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 04-01-2005 07:00 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
waste of money...
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 04-02-2005 10:05 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed.
But, other than food, shelter, and clothing
So is everything.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com