Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Anyone else got ADD?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else got ADD?
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 03-01-2005 08:16 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2x - Yes
Cyborg6 - Yes
Dev- Yes

Anyone else have several projects going at the same time that they feel have to be done quick before they lose interest?

Anyone know a good accountant?

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-01-2005 12:59 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck, I need an accountant!

I brag about the businesses that go well but have I told you about the one that failed?

I had 5 real legal employees for 4 months last summer. Biggest headache ever!!! I'm still trying to sort out all the paperwork from that fiasco.

Illegal under the table "Helpers" are much much much better.

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-01-2005 01:07 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, well back to my ADD. Last week I had an excuse to sit in front of the computer all day every day. I was sick. This week I have no excuse.

Todays schedule.

Wake up
Make Coffee
check ebay
run on Nautalis eliptical trainer for half an hour
Start building new master bathroom on an investment house I'm working on.
Meet with mortgage broker
etc....

So what did I actually do so far today?

Wake up
Jack and coke
Internet
Reply to renter. LOL you have to read this letter.

Hi Mike,

Would you mind putting deadbolt on my bedroom door? I was in the tub just now and I heard a really loud noise. Maya even jumped. I still don't know what it was. I kept Max on the phone while I did a quick search of the house. All windows and doors are in tact, but I'm still pretty freaked out. Plus I noticed a few of the windows downstairs won't lock.

I just tried to use the skeleton key to lock my door. I tried for like 10 minutes, but I can't get it to lock. I'm concerned because one of the prisoners waited for me to get off work the other night, drove up next to my car and asked me out, then I saw the same guy on my way to work...he was flashing his headlights and waving at me.

All the guys in that jail know my car, and what my hours are. I'm seriously thinking about buying a gun eventually, but for now a dead bolt is cheaper.

Kelly said you guys are coming down Tuesday. Would you please put it on then? I'm going to buy one tomorrow. If you can't please tell me, and I'll ask Rob or Marty.

Thanks,
Cheryl

MY REPLY

Your door is not really one that can have a deadbolt installed on it without a few hours of drilling/routing and ordering a specially shaped lock from where I have no idea. It's not a standard sized door. It's as old as the house 80 years!

The skeleton key has worked for the five other people who have lived in the house before you.

Honestly anyone who is going to all the trouble to come into the house to get you would be able to kick that door down on the first try with or without a dead bolt.

I know the house is far from secure. It would mean spending a couple thousand dollars on new windows and doors and a month of work that I am not willing to do.

Quite honestly even a "secure house" is no match for anyone who is determined to get in. All you have to do is break a window and you can get into 95% of the houses in the country. I'd really rather not have to put bars on all the windows. If you watch the show "It takes a thief" on the Discovery channel you will see what I mean. Dogs, Electronic security systems and steel doors are no match for the mind of a crook.

Maybe you should look for a new job so that you don't come in daily contact with prisoners. I've never had another roomate have to worry about these types of situations because none of them ever made the choice to work at a prison.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but it's like a cop or a soldier complaining about the fact that they might get shot. It comes with the job. If they don't want to be shot they should do a different job.

I will be happy to show you how to make the key for your door work, but as I mentioned those keys are for nothing other than keeping nosy roomates out. Anyone who wants "In" can easily kick the door down.

In seven years we have never had a problem with anyone breaking in. If you need a more secure location you may want to find another house to live in. One with brick walls, steel doors and no windows. But then what would you do for protection while walking from your car to the house? What about protection while driving around town? While shopping? At bars?

The best bet is just don't attract the attention of crooks, because if they want you badly enough there is no amount of security that will protect you.

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 03-01-2005 01:25 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, you're a dick =D

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 03-01-2005 01:51 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, best letter ever
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-01-2005 02:02 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a dick? This chick is a pain in the ass.

Honestly tell me what a "dead bolt" is going to do on an 80 year old door that is 1/4" thick oak?

If some guy wants "IN" he will get in.

The windows without locks are also 80 years old and have so much paint on them that they will not open. There are also storm windows outside of them that you would have to break to even get to the windows "without locks"

If she want's to pay to have "Brinks security" or someone else come out and wire the house she is welcome to do it.

She already lives there for close to nothing and because I feel sorry for her I have not charged her for utilities for the last 6 months.

It's her fault for working at a prison which was a new job for her in the last 6 months.

She has a teaching Degree and could do 1000 jobs that would not put her at risk.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 03-01-2005 02:15 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like a drama queen
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-01-2005 02:56 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last week I got an e-mail from her that said the 32" tv in the living room was not working so she had the other roomate put it near the front door. They planned to take it to the curb on trash day.

When I got there I plugged it in and watched it for the entire afternoon.

The truth was she had a 12" piece of crap TV in the living room. I thought I was doing her a favor by giving the roomates a bigger TV. Actually she was offended by the gift and would rather watch her 12"

Go figure??? Wacked in the head. Did I mention she has enough perscription medicine in her room to get the entire state of Delaware high for a month?

If it were not for the fact that she always pays the rent with cash and early I would have kicked her ass to the curb long ago.

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 03-01-2005 06:14 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't dispute your facts, but you COULD have put it in a somewhat nicer way

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 03-01-2005 06:52 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Without getting into the logistics of the reported situation, the answer is plainly obvious, and hence I'd have gone a with a simple:

Dear [her name],

Get a gun.

With Regards,

The Management.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 03-01-2005 07:41 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The broomstick in the hall fell during that last hailstorm, too, and the bitch on the other side of the door tried to claw her way through.

night owls. I never want the owl pendants.

That's the most beautiful bird in the world. The peacock. The peacocks were not harmed by the tsunami; they like the other animals knew that trouble was coming and made a path away.

That's vanity fair almost - that peacock aspect of 'i will make you more me', remember the dream with the pole going into the earth, I was there to enjoy the miami beach, and I had to leave to save my life - and the tsunami - -

remember 'rear view'

this is happening outside of intelligence to less intelligence because of how they are treating me...

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 03-02-2005 01:17 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm concerned because one of the prisoners waited for me to get off work the other night, drove up next to my car and asked me out, then I saw the same guy on my way to work...he was flashing his headlights and waving at me.

What the fuck kind of prison system do you have down there?

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-02-2005 08:55 AM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a 36 year old basket case of a girl. She's mostly sweet, not bad looking but her head is in space. I just spent $4000 making the house look nicer (paint, carpet, trim work, cleaning) I fix her computer, fix her car, fix anything she has thats broken, she lives there for close to free and every single friggin week she has more drama for me. I swear it's not worth the $300 a month she pays me.
The woman cannot even remember to put out the trash on Wednesdays so I usually end up driving over there to make sure it's been done. Cleaning???? Forget about it. 2X cleaning Co, Me and the vac make a trip around the house once a month just to collect all the cat hair.

It's a 4 bedroom house. The other roomates are a quiet student who I rarely see except for the odd nights when he comes home drunk with a fat chick in tow, and a very cool air force chick who flys like I do who is never home because she is always out flying. I keep one room in the house for myself so I have a place to stay when I'm in town doing Air force stuff. (usually 2 or 3 days a month.
It sounds like alot of people but most of the time the Prison girl is the only one in the house. She complains 500% more than the other two people living there.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 03-02-2005 09:52 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I probably have ADD since I exibit all the classic symptoms. I've never been to the doctor for it because I've always seen it as a gift and not a disease.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 03-02-2005 10:21 AM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quite honestly I think ADD is BS, or the fact that just about everyone and his brother claim to have ADD is BS.

75% of my friends are lazy, forgetful or absent minded yet they all blame it on ADD.

If 75% of humans have it I would just call it part of being human.

I do realize that true ADD does exist and these people have a hard time making it through the day, but it seems like EVERYONE these days claims they have it when in truth they are just plain LAZY or DUMB.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com