Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » entertain me, I'm bored.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: entertain me, I'm bored.
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 02-14-2005 03:45 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is what I did this weekend.

Built a closet on one of my rental properties so I could increase the rent. www.building-zone.com/closet

And put a bid on a lot for sale. www.building-zone.com/baydrive

It's raining right now and I'm deciding if I should surf the net for plans for a house to put on the lot?, try to play guitar for a while or clean the house.......

Please someone, give me something to do

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 02-14-2005 04:18 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoopie! Offer on the lot accepted! We close on the deal in a month. The houses on this street go for a low of $400K up to 1.5 Million. We are paying 90K for the lot. I'll stick about 100K into the house (build it myself, sub out the work I don't know how to do)and it will probably be worth around 600K. We will live ther for 2 years to avoid paying the capital gains taxes and then start work on another one. I guess I'll start surfing the web for home plans.

What do you think of this one? http://www.coastalhomeplans.com/index.cfm?pagename=chp_detail&pID=159

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 02-14-2005 04:21 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or this one?
http://www.coastalhomeplans.com/index.cfm?pagename=chp_detail&pID=77

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 02-14-2005 08:50 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2300 sq ft or less ??? C'mon, grow some balls. You need at least 3K sq ft - preferably 4K

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-16-2005 11:01 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn, my apartment's probably 1000 or less.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 02-16-2005 11:39 AM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Though the computer chair is a pretty color and glows in the blacklight, it isn't gonna stay.

Because I bought it priced at $79 on sale, and the day it arrived Urban Outfitters dropped the price to $39. That pissed me off - and so does the chair for not being comfortable.

So that goes back. I only hope they refund the shipping charges, I'll call to find that out. Then I can get something nicer and much less expensive from the computer chair store - hell, I might even be able to get a printer with the extra cash.

Finally the rebates came, so I'm not poor. And meanwhile, I propped up those big mirrors on modular shelving turned sideways, so the reflection of my entire self fits in viewing range. And got some batteries, oh I'm so over ebay. It's too expensive, and so is the idea of buying on the net, and so that's how I feel about it now.

The blacklight posters will look very nice.

I'm ready to get back into searching for work in cool places, buying new hip-grunge second hand clothes, and maybe some new sneakers or interesting shoes of some kind.

And my hair isn't ready yet - for bleaching. When it next gets cut, the back must be cut properly! Why must they always leave a clump back there where it should be tightly layered ??????

I'll bleach it myself later on, here.

The internet freaked out. When I spied that urban outfitters chair at $39, right then, the network failed. But we got it back going again, wasn't too much of a problem, but I'm pissed off.

Because I deserve comfort. I don't need a tickling 'vedum' up my ass.

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 02-16-2005 02:35 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
too bad this wasn't faster http://www.imac.com/macmini/

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-16-2005 03:25 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't understand the purpose in these. Its like buying something smaller than a gaming console for your computer. Since its a tiny box, how is there any serious upgrade capability?

A few of my friends are annoying as hell about these god damn Macs. I'm tired of hearing how great they are. Its marketing.

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 02-19-2005 11:09 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, 5% of the market can't be wrong.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com