Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » How many of you have children?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of you have children?
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 02-03-2005 07:43 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just wondering how much of a pain in the ass they are and if you could wind back the hands of time whould you do it again?

My wife is nagging and I'm not sure I need them to feel that I have lived a complete life.

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-03-2005 08:10 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have three boys. 18 months old, 5 and 6

The 5 and 6 year olds are sitting next to me at the moment playing Jedi II Outcast deathmatch.

They are 110% commitment (if you do it right) and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the single most satisfying, frustrating, coolest, scariest, best thing I have ever done. Regardless of whatever else happens in my life as long as I do them right then I am an unadulterated success.

They are the ultimate high. Best things ever and if anybody ever messes with them, I'll blow thier head off

It's hard to describe. A person has no idea of thier personal capacity for love towards another human being until they have kids. Regardless of how you feel towards your signifigant other

This is more intense.

If you mean it, you won't be sorry

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-03-2005 08:11 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in other words

I dig mine

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 02-03-2005 09:56 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dev, that's exactly how I feel about my kids and I don't even have any. I know that sounds weird but what you describe sounds exactly like how I would want to be as a father.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 02-03-2005 10:58 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'll have your man-babies, max.
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-03-2005 11:16 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have any kids. . . that I know of

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-03-2005 11:45 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
i'll have your man-babies, max.

I saw him first

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 02:19 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
I don't have any kids. . . that I know of

I think you're safe Nate. Afterall, you normally have to have sex to have them

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 07:29 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 of em'. How much of a pain in the ass? At times, huge. But I would never 'wind back the hands of time'. That whole 'love thing' mentioned above? Yeah.
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 08:59 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll knock up your wife if you want.
Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:00 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll shoot you in the head for even insinuating

oh yeah,

Then shoot you again

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:02 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops, sorry, but I bet 2X feels the same way

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:03 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No kids here. Seems like just dev, 40, and of course jondster have kids here. anyone else? how old were you guys when you had your first?

this just in: tea bagger, cy6, d2, outrider, etc also have kids

[ 02-04-2005: Message edited by: J0SH ]

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 10:17 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pay Attention Josh!

outrider, D2, tea bagger, Cyborg, etc, have kids too.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:25 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is that your son cac? i guess musical talent runs in the fam

--------------------

I am.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:37 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't get married until I was 35 and had my first child soon after.

Although all of my children were concieved while married and planned beforehand. No accidents or surprises whatsoever.

We talked, decided, then did

I'm done now, no more for me (Although I do stay in practice just in case don't ya know)

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 10:57 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My parents didn't plan to have me and they didn't stay together long after I was born. I don't necessarily think of it as a bad thing though, I had two loving families either way.

--------------------

I am.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 11:32 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Josh - That's my daughter.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Stranger
Sarge
Member # 922

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 12:43 PM     Profile for The Stranger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My ex talked me into having kids.

Damn I'm glad she did.

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 12:57 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL RB will knock her up for me....

Sorry, I don't share her with guys....

However she's not bad looking for a 34 year old woman. http://www.kellyscastles.com/ and http://www.prugallo.com/agents.cfm?r=rehobothagents

So another question for all you parents, How did your life change with the birth of your first child?

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 01:25 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I grew up and got to become a kid again all at the same time.

--------------------

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-04-2005 02:58 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet the best thing is to buy all the toys you always wanted "for the kids"

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-05-2005 12:15 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am visiting my parents with my son (3 year old Henry) this weekend. Everyone just seems to love this kid, even those who are not related to us. I am his biggest fan and his loyal protector. You will never undertand what it is like until you have your own.

It is step two in life and if you do not take this step you will never know. I highly suggest having children if you are ready to dedicate yourself to their happiness. If your head is not clear and you are carrying some baggage that might hurt a new life, I say don't have a child.

And at the same time I warn you that a male child will replace you in your wifes eyes. If you can accept the mother/child bond and can get used to being second you are good to go!

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 02-05-2005 12:48 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah but my guys like me more than mom I corrupt them, she makes them eat broccoli

I'm a kewl dad

(can't wait to embarrass them when they get older.)

Unfortunantly, I am also the ultimate heavy when one is needed.

--------------------

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-06-2005 01:17 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com