next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Logitech rant

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Logitech rant
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2005 02:22 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF can't these people market their keyboards and mice separately? I mean, in order to get what I want (a cordless mouse and a keyboard) the way I want it, I have to buy a keyboard/mouse and another mouse (all wireless) as they only sell their desktops with mice...but not in the way I like. So they sell me two mice when I only need one...THAT should be a practice in which there is some sorts of "Mircrosoftism" involved. Sneaky marketting practice in which their pull their customers by the short hairs just to make an extra sale.

Fucking bastards (guess who bought a new keyboard and mouse to sit beside his MX1000)

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2005 02:28 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol

You know, I buy cheap keyboards, cause I've found that really, it's just not worth the cost of an expensive keyboard. The quality really isn't any different.

So I have a cheap $10 PS/2 keyboard, that sits next to my (expensive at the time) Logitech MX310.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2005 02:57 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya know what though AW...I look for feel, features and layout. The ol' 104 keyboards just don't due it for me.

PLUS....once I went wireless I vowed never again to be tied down.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-29-2005 03:54 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just purchased one of these for the new system
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=23-175-101&DEPA=0

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2005 04:31 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya know, i was going to go with one of those Dev. I truly was. But $75 for a keyboard that is not wireless? I in the end could not give up that freedom.

Might I say I was lusting over them for the last several months. Then even today I was thinking "hold off for the Saitek" and then I just went for the wireless.

[ 01-29-2005: Message edited by: Snag ]

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-29-2005 11:08 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
computergeeks had a wireless mouse+keyboard for 9.99 the other day...check it out.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2005 07:16 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dev, what in gods name is that ugly pos. wow, its usb and has another number key, plus a cord.

jesse - i too have been waiting for an MX1000 combo :\

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2005 09:24 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. I can't seem to get away from the "Natural" keybrd format, i.e. "boomerang"

2. I use a fully articulating keyboard mechanism with integrated full length wrist-rest, so my KB really never goes anywhere - so no need for wireless

I have a wireless mouse & KB for my home-theatre PC, but I never use them.

Does anyone make a wireless mouse with 800 - 1200 DPI ?? I could seem some use for that cuz the wire can get in the way during gaming

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-31-2005 10:32 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, well it's 43.00 first off and I'm going on someone elses personal recommendation. I'm being open minded this go round. After all I am now an AMD owner so WTF try new things

Just do a google on Saitek Gamers Keyboard and read any of the reviews. I haven't seen a single bad one.

Oh and my DELL is still using a Duo MX700 cordless system which works well and I do like it.

The mouse struggles with the recharger sometimes and that irritates me a bit when it happens.

I'll tell you what I think of the keyboard after it gets here. Be today sometime I think.

Oh yeah, I also got a Stark MS mouse.

[ 01-31-2005: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com