Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Isn't it horrible?? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Isn't it horrible??
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 07:00 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed nobody has posted in regards to the earthquake/tsunami? Yet in the same timeframe we have managed to discuss Christmas loot (my bad ), others sex lives (and Kyle, I promised you mine is better than yours), favourite authors (maybe I should read books instead of newspapers and tech magazines...might make me lighten up)...

Just curious what our standards are nowadays?!

Oh...and Canada now owns ever major international hockey title! Only country ever to be able to say that

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 08:08 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah and 30,000 people die every day from hunger in Africa.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 10:12 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that maybe we are so bombarded with the news of it that it's kind of nice to be someplace and not HAVE to hear about it. But you just changed that. gg

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-05-2005 10:14 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my problem with the tragidy is the small fact that after it happened.

Nobody said

"Where's Saudi Arabia? Where's Kuwait? Where's Russia? Where's China?"

No they said

"Where's the United States?, And why haven't they given us more money?"

I've got before and after sat photos on ICX (one of the guys posted them) And the devastation is severe. The tragedy is horrendous.

Thing is, (go ahead and blast me because I really will desearve it) Unless things of this nature and magnitude happen from time to time, the earth would have trouble sustaining the amount of life on this planet.

The flu pandemic of 1918 killed over 20 million people (including my Great Grand Mother) This was but a pimple on the gnat buzzing around the fly on the.... well you get my drift.

Anyway, terrible as this was? Shit happened and this time it happened to people elsewhere. Somehow different if it's a natural disaster as opposed to a malicious attack in my eyes. Not ultimately (for the people effected) but you know what I mean.

Sad, terrible, tragic

What is there to say? The ten year old British girl who is credited with saving over 100 lives is a pretty good story. The rest is juet more news about more death.

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 10:15 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's terrible indeed, not talking about it here makes that fact any less.

Then again, we don't normally talk about the 1,000,000 children who needlessly die each year here either, now do we?

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 11:16 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Nobody said
"Where's Saudi Arabia? Where's Kuwait? Where's Russia? Where's China?"
No they said
"Where's the United States?, And why haven't they given us more money?"

Well said. Everyone loves to hate the U.S. but from what I saw, they were one of the first on the scene with supplies coming out of a helicopter. Ironic eh?

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 01-05-2005 11:28 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
kuwait had like a 30 billion dollar surplus in their budget. they should be giving more than us since we are already in such debt to china, hong kong, and japan.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-05-2005 11:31 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh but didn't you hear? We didn't do it fast enough. We didn't do it big enough.

Of course the muslim fundamentalists are saying that it was Allah's will and punishment for that part of the worlds partnerships (I'm supposing in a business sense) with the western world.

A lot of muslims in that part of the world yet Saudi gave what? 20 million? Kuwait 10? etc. so on and so forth. Hell aren't they thier brothers or something?

Yet the holy crusaders are expected to gives billions of dollars because we are so rich. Well I'm not sure anybody's noticed lately but don't we have the biggest deficit in history right now? (And no, we don't need to talk about the reasons for that. Give it a rest...the name need not be spoken in this thread. Not even one time. Period, not that I'm saying it's all his fault)

anyway, Personally, I can think of better places in the world where this should have happened if it had to happen at all.

The only real tragedy is the children. Hate is taught, you're not born with it. The innocent children. If not for them, I wouldn't give this thing another thought. Yeah I'm a bitter mean ole bastard. And just getting meaner with age.

I look at my kids (and the biggest damn issue of the day is who got to eat the last brownie bite) and I feel really sorry for the masses of children killed or left orphans.

I admit the parents of children lost have my sympathies as well regardless of thier political leanings (on a strictly parental level).

The thought of losing my kids makes me think dark evil thoughts. Wo be unto the individuals who cause it ot allow it to happen through inaction.

Natural disasters just suck. BUT it IS nature. Remember I'm not a religious man so I simply do not believ in God's (or Allah's) will. I think thats superstition idiocy.

Just my position so we don't need to dwell on that. To each of us our own.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 12:04 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's more embarassing? The fact that the UK and the US had to be shamed into giving more money or the fact that a lot of the death could have been prevented with a $20mm early warning system? Whose fault is that?

While I am sorry about the disaster over there I find myself feeling much the same as Dev. Assuming a linear trend over the last 50 years we will have 12 billion people on this planet by 2055. Yeah, how's that gonna work out? Whether we like it or not something's gotta give. Either the population has to stop growing at this alarming rate or more people are going to be killed in disasters such as this. I'm glad I don't live there, I'm glad I have no family that lives over there and I'm sorry that many people have lost their lives. There's nothing I can do about it other than pledge some money and hope that some corrupt charity doesn't abuse it. Other than that, fingers crossed it doesn't happen over here.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 03:37 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
What's more embarassing? The fact that the UK and the US had to be shamed into giving more money or the fact that a lot of the death could have been prevented with a $20mm early warning system? Whose fault is that?

I don't think that the US was shamed into giving more money. We were being smart about it and looking at the big picture before we jumped in with it all. It would be dumb to give it all at once without knowing all the details.

In fact we are not done giving...

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 03:42 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
I don't think that the US was shamed into giving more money. We were being smart about it and looking at the big picture before we jumped in with it all. It would be dumb to give it all at once without knowing all the details.

In fact we are not done giving...

I'm just going by what I read. The first US pledge was $35mm then it went up to $350mm. A similar change in pledge was made by the UK - they went from 15mm UKP to 50mm UKP in the space of one day. What caused those changes to be made one might never know. As you know you have to be very careful in what you believe and what you don't. Anyway, both countries spent billions invading Iraq so, to quote one column, "It seems that when it comes to taking life, money is no consideration. When it comes to saving it, economic realities prevail." from here (which is not the same source as the "shaming" - I heard that on TV, CNN I think it was).

[ 01-05-2005: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 07:44 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dev, I will not condemn you. I fully believe the earth has its own way of balancing equations. However, you and everyone took everything I said out of context.

I simply meant that if anything like this happened to the US, Canada, the UK...there would be a 200 post thread crying "oh the humanity" but not even a single "holy shit!". The only reference on this board to the tsunami was made by Mr. Harris.

I didn't hear anything about bitching about "where is the US". The only thing I heard was Americans, Canadians and Brits alike complaining about their own respective governments not being there fast enough. But the truth of the matter is, you cannot simply just dole out money. You cannot simply just deploy military personal for rescue, recovery and reconstruction. While this was a disaster, it must be handled like any other "project" and in order to properly perform "project management" you need to know the full scope.

I was simply shocked that nobody made mention of it for the holy shit factor...nothing to do with aid or lack of compassion.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-05-2005 08:49 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that probably has to do with the timing of the thing. Everything slowed down a little due to the holidays

And no I didn't take you original post out of context. Just took the opportunity to discuss the subject thats all

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-05-2005 11:13 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one thing though that does alarm me, is the sentiment over how everyone is talking about how much people expected the US to be there...but then look at the US when 1/100th of the people were killed on 9/11. Not to trivialize the significance of one over the other, but it is surprising how reactions may differ by the same group depending on what side of tradgedy they are on.
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-06-2005 01:56 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Muslims are getting the messege from God and the US at the same time.

All will be assimilated.

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 02:58 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I was simply shocked that nobody made mention of it for the holy shit factor....

Kind of like beating a dead horse. We've all heard the holy shit factor 24/7 since Boxing Day.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 09:15 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess it's just a combo of holidays, saturation on TV and discussion (by some) on other messageboards. I couldn't talk about this everywhere because it would get repetitive. If the tragedy did happen over here then it would be discussed much more as do all things that are closer to home.

Let me twist this around and mention one difference. I think that if this incident did happen over here there would be people on the streets in some countries celebrating the fact, never mind thinking about putting their hand into their pockets to help.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 09:24 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Let me twist this around and mention one difference. I think that if this incident did happen over here there would be people on the streets in some countries celebrating the fact, never mind thinking about putting their hand into their pockets to help.

(quoted for truth)

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 10:08 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True, We didn't throw any Tsunami parties.

TSUNAMI NIGHT AT THE ROXY!!! $.25 DRINKS!!! LADIES GET IN FREE!!!

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 11:36 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, you guys ARE truly showing your ignorance. It is like an empty sentiment. Here your president is doing a massive PR campaign for a thuggish previous 4 years....trying to save face for America....talking about generosity of Americans....and here you guys are spitting out this bigotted bullshit!
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 11:42 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and you guys do realize too that there are now people over there kidnapping orphans and selling them on the blackmarket for various purposes (sexual exploitation, sweatshops etc...). Your absolute lack of compassion (especially for the children) is absolutely pathetic!

You must also remember, there are 4000 Americans missing!! That potential loss of life makes it more significant than 9/11 so what more does it truly take to bring it home?

And for the record, I did not want to start anything with this thread. And you cannot say that the holidays were an excuse cause I can read dates....people WERE posting here over the holidays!

I was just making an inquiry and a few of you showed your prejudice! Bigots...

[ 01-06-2005: Message edited by: Snag ]

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 12:06 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thuggish four years? Who the hell are you to criticize our country or our president.

FUCK YOU!!! plain and simple. You know when asked an American doesn't even think of a Canadian as a foriegner. Hell the Brits really either.

Mexicans we do. Now why is that? But some fucking Canadians seem to be all critical of Americans, American policy, etc.

FUCK YOU snag Who the hell made you some kind of moral value police. Richard Nixon had it right in the 70s. "Fuck the poor"

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 12:08 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AND AGAIN

FUCK YOU!!!

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 12:30 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The fact of the matter is Dev, your President seems to want to rectify the situation of Americas lack-lustre image within the international community and your type seem to be sabotaging it.

I never took acception to your president in this post. In fact, I applaude him. I took acception to you (and a couple others) and your (and their) piss poor attitude.

Thanks for showing your true colours though. Obviously you put on a facade of being respectable, intelligent and rational.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 12:33 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And for the record, I brought up Mexico because I know Americans don't like Mexicans (at least you Texans). But while they don't like Mexico, they like the cheap labour and vacationing spots it affords them.

Just like Indonesia...Thailand...Sri Lanka...oh I see a trend!!

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 12:41 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol

judgmental prick

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 12:54 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just calling it like I see it

And you are a rather judemental prick yourself

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 12:57 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
well, you guys ARE truly showing your ignorance. It is like an empty sentiment. Here your president is doing a massive PR campaign for a thuggish previous 4 years....trying to save face for America....talking about generosity of Americans....and here you guys are spitting out this bigotted bullshit!

I remember watching video of people in Thailand dancing in the streets celebrating 9/11.

The space shuttle crash was celebrated as well in parts of the ME, Allah made it happen I heard chanted.

Not bigotted bullshit, just stating probabilities. Sometimes Sang, you really speak out your ass. But that's cool.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 01:11 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course Iranians held massive candlelight vigals(sp?) for 9/11. The irony is one of the "axis of evils" (Iran) has a citizenship base that likes us more than most in the ME, eh? Bushy and Co will prolly change that though.

Still though, you won't see ANY organized groups jumping for joy on camera in America over the Asian tragedy, yet you're a fool, snag, if you don't think that would happen if the situation was reversed given past history that shows the probability certainly exists.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 01:51 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya know, maybe you should watch Platoon...good line in there. Guys are about to rape a Vietnamese girl. They are saying "she is just a gook"..."she is a commie"...trying to rationalize their actions because of some prejudice.

What did Charlie Sheen say?

SHE'S A FUCKING HUMAN BEING, MAN!

show some compassion rather than your digusting self-righteous rationalization to a biggoted opinion on something like this. The people over there are fucking human beings man! 4,000 Americans are missing over there. 150 Canadians. 140 Brits....and who knows how many from other allied countries that were simply there vacationing. It was not just the "Muslims" that are suffering! Hell, a vast majority of India is Hindu...they have done nothing to the US! But I assume you will probably then say "well, Hindus have done nothing FOR us"...or will it be "give them time and they will"?

You want people to stop dancing on the street when something bad happens to the US, then put that attitude behind you man. You can give money out the ass all you want but if you still come off as an asshole you will still be considered an asshole.

If you only do things out of expectations of reciprocation, unless the noble sentiment is there, you will be sadly disappointed.

As for not seeing any organized people celebrating in the US, no. You won't. But consider the cultrual, economic, political and military differences and you will maybe understand just a little bit that you cannot compare society here to society over there. YOU CAN'T!! And because you can't compare it, it does not give you one iota of an excuse to justify your lack of compassion!

And I would rather sound like I am speaking out my ass than to be considered heartless and uncompassionate.

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 02:50 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So you think Bush is an asshole because he sent $350M?

And you think all americans are unfeeling because there were no posts made about the tsunami on a video game message board?

I'm not really sure I see the basis of your hostility.

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:02 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snag, I think you may be getting a little bit carried away here. This is a quake messageboard and you are getting all pissed off because of the lack of compassion being shown towards tsunami victims? I have yet to see you post anything about Jodi Jones who was tied up and brutally stabbed to death last year but does that mean you don't care? Or maybe it's just case of the larger the disaster the more care we should show by posting on unrelated forums about it. The fact that you were the first person to post a thread here about the disaster somehow has made you the most caring individual in the world while the rest of us are heartless bigots.

As much as I feel sorry for the people who have died, been injured, lost relatives and lost possessions, I don't feel the need to regurgitate everything I've said elsewhere on this forum.

You have absolutely no fucking idea what anyone on this board has done by way of offering assistance so posting the shite you have done above is really pathetic.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:02 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snag, you don't know my compassion.

How much have you personally donated so far, snag?

Or have you even dontated yet?

Or have all you done is create this thread?

A thread where you toss around statements like "PR"...

Well, currently there is an American carrier group over there with medical supplies, doctors and troops. I the carrier itself can generate around 100,000 gallons of fresh water a day. How's that for PR?

What is Canada's PR so far? A canoe full of bottle water floating about 100 miles off your coast with a bed sheet for a sail?

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:08 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I should apologise for possibly starting this with my comment about celebrations above. It was not supposed to incite a flame war, I just wanted to make the point that we (US and UK) are always expected to do the right thing by everyone else when meanwhile other nations, and their people, are happy to see US (uppercase us, not United States) die. It's a tough predicament to be in.

[ 01-06-2005: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:46 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lord Vader....where the hell do you get that idea? I said I applaude George Bush. As for people bitching about how slow the response initially was, I also commented on how you must assess the scope of the situation committing cash and resources! Again, I reiterate: I applaude Bush and the US for its efforts. Secondly, I had no hostility at all. I was the target of hostility.

Max, as for Jodi Jones...I don't know who that is, but that is what google is for....let me check...ok, a girl in the UK murdered. Sorry for not hearing about that one! A shame for sure. But not by any means a comparison. Second, I posted this thread 11 days after the fact. I was just posting because I noticed a lack of posts. On something of this magnitude it is unusual that there was NOTHING, and that is all I posted for. Just questioning where our standards lie. I mean, day 1 it is a holy shit thing...nobody posted about it. After 10 days, sure you get inundated. But I was suprised. THAT is why I posted. I never said I was the most caring individual. And I never said all of you were heartless bigots. Fuck, do you guys not know how to read? I was saying based on some comments "some" were bigots. And because those sentiments of "they would have danced in the streets if it happened to us" have not changed, neither has my opinion of the bigotry. The contributions of those on this boards here were not in question...it was the ATTITUDE some of the posters of this thread! And I don't think you to be heartless. And I understand where you come from with the US and UK being expected to do the right thing....but there are many other nations in this world that have the same expectation placed upon them. The US does not even have a peacekeeping force...whenever required the US enlists Canada. The difference is though the US has that "you are either with us or against us" attitude. It is black and white. No grey. Here or there. No in-between. That is where the trouble starts. The thing is Max, your comments DID bring about some deep-seeded opinions in some though and the refusal to acknowledge humanitarianism win over barbarism any day is what led to this.

Outrider, your compassion to me can be summed up as this:

quote:

Tell me how with that someone would assess your compassion. You make reference to 1,000,000 children dying each year. Also an incredible tradgedy. But that is a chronic and systemic issue in which it happens over a large span of time. The reason so many people in Muslim countries are against the US is because the only presence they know of the US is their military presence. They have suffered under economic sanctions for years. An entire generation has needless grown up hungry as punishment for a dictator they never knew...and that dictator never suffered. Hell, he didn't even care his own people did. So you cannot expect all of those people who know no different because they weren't allowed to learn otherwise to suddenly bow down to your feet in addoration and praise. THEY DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER! It is like a kid...there comes a certain time in which punishments change. Toddlers do things you might find bad but you can't punish them like the 6 year old because the toddler didn't know better. It comes not only with maturation but with education.

Now you want to talk about Canada. Well, Canada has commited $80million. In contrast, Canada was 1/10 the population of the United States. We also have deployed DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team). With that team 24 Hercules aircraft with supplies. Thank you for your attempt to minimalize my country's efforts though.
You guys all took what I was saying the absolute wrong way....criticizing the US? Not in the least.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 03:51 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Snag is saying the tsunami was our fault?

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:54 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't get your panties in a wad, snag. You bashed, call me a bigot, not compassionate and basically state MY government is doing all they're doing for PR. So don't get all pissy when I use the old canadian canoe joke on you.

So...how much have you personally donated so far, snag?

I've donated.

Have you?

.. or are you just some whinny internet bitch pointing a finger at me while your wallet stays in your pocket.

Do tell!

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 03:54 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Xan - Umm your barn door is open.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 03:54 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Xan - Umm your barn door is open.

Oh, crap!

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 04:02 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually, my panties were never in a knot. And I have donated. Not bad for a guy who is unemployed right now living off his savings.

As for calling you a bigot, read your posts. That is like saying because I am of German descent, I am naturally a Nazi! You are narrow minded man. There are over a billion Muslims worldwide. How many danced in the streets. Tell me!

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 04:09 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snag:
actually, my panties were never in a knot. And I have donated. Not bad for a guy who is unemployed right now living off his savings.

As for calling you a bigot, read your posts. That is like saying because I am of German descent, I am naturally a Nazi! You are narrow minded man. There are over a billion Muslims worldwide. How many danced in the streets. Tell me!

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 04:13 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Here your president is doing a massive PR campaign for a thuggish previous 4 years....trying to save face for America

This is where I got that from. I guess I didn't read it in the same context you wrote it. It seemed derogatory to me.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 04:13 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't say they all danced you silly fool. Perhaps YOU should read the posts. NO ONE said ALL Muslims danced in the street. But thousands did. Link me to a video showing thousands of Americans dancing in the streets over this tragedy...

Explain how you've concluded I am a bigot??

Narrow minded? I think you just type before you think too much. How am I narrow minded because I agreed with MM's comment? Are you saying that it wouldn't happen?

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 04:18 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

No where does MM use a blanket statement of a billion Muslims dancing in the streets.

Quit trying to act high and mighty. You're not better than anyone on this board.

PS: Cool that you donated though

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 04:28 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I apologize for getting pissed off everybody. I'm done now.

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 04:29 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I apologize for getting pissed off everybody. I'm done now.

Me too.

I blame MM.

j/k

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 05:01 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I donated $0.65 so far. (I was at starbucks, and put my change in what I thought was the tip jar...turned out to be a donation jar for the wave thingy)
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 01-06-2005 05:02 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordVader:
I donated $0.65 so far. (I was at starbucks, and put my change in what I thought was the tip jar...turned out to be a donation jar for the wave thingy)

haha

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 01-06-2005 10:59 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I brought up Mexico because I know Americans don't like Mexicans (at least you Texans).

Guess you don't know fuck all about Texans either. I've worked with wetbacks for many years and there's many of them I would and did trust with my life on a daily basis.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com