Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Do you remember everything?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you remember everything?
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 12:12 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't mean do you personally remember everything but I mean, do you think the human brain stores EVERYTHING? I know that brain cells die all the time but I was wondering if it will ever be possible to almost fully recall any event in the past just as it happened? I guess I was hitting the pipe a little hard the other night while playing scrabble and it occurred to me that it _might_ be cool if the technology was available to download memories to DVD and watch parts of your life on TV. Perhaps it's just me getting older but I really believe that I appreciate parts of my past life more now than I did then and it would be great to relive some of those moments in a clearer fashion than a 2s soundbite while staring at my monitor.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 12:40 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'd be pretty boring to watch your life on TV since half of it is spent sleeping

I can't remember everything in exact detail that happened yesterday.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 12-02-2004 12:49 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think all your memories are maintained in the brain somewhere...Just accessing it on demand is a hard because there's so much information in there to sift through.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 01:36 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here, lemme give it a try...

Well, it seems I can only go back to 1979 before I draw a blank. Must be those disco biscuits.

I do remember somewhere reading about Bill Gates predicting something like what you are talking about, MM, happening in the not too far off future.

Robin Williams will be starring in a new film about the same subject too. His character will be the one who edits out the bad parts of one's life before shipping out the final product to be viewed by family and loved ones.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 01:45 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe the mind does record everything, but I don't think it maintains significant linkage to those memories unless there's some significance to them.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 12-02-2004 03:10 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If the Discovery channel isn't a big, fat liar, then memories are neural patterns that are slowly formed when short-term memories become long-term memories. I doubt the human brain stores everything, not even in an unrecallable form. That's why we have short-term and long-term memories, so things that aren't worth remembering are discarded from the short-term and space in the long-term isn't wasted.

Note that there's a difference between discarded memories and repressed memories. You may have stored certain events in your memory, but can sometimes repress those memories, usually traumatic ones. It takes some work to reconnect and remember, but I don't think that implies that the human brain stores everything imagineable, it just means you wanted to forget, but the brain didn't.

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 03:38 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On a somewhat related note, what is your opinion on dreams? I've often thought that dreaming could be the brain performing some sort of defrag. That said, I've had some weird dreams that I know for a fact didn't happen to me in real life.

I recall learning a long time ago that we only use something like 10% of our brains. I've not googled that latelsy so perhaps that number has changed over time. I wonder if the remaining, let's say, 90% of our brain is unused (unlikely) or we just don't know what it's used for. I personally believe that the human brain is a very powerful "machine" and is capable of much, much more than we think and / or understand and / or imagine...but I don't know exactly what. It's funny to think how complex a thing the brain is and then look at some of the dumbasses out there who possess one.

Wouldn't it be weird to be able to retrieve all those "lost" memories like when you were very young, in the womb or just out of your tits on, hmmm, disco biscuits.

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 12-02-2004 03:39 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember everything.

Hello.

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: Jonathan Harris ]

Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 03:40 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I find interesting is how the human brain processes what we see.

The eyes record the images but they are actually from only one perspective. Depending on if you are walking/running while recording the images they may be shaky much like a shaky cam image.

Say you were walking down a road.

The actual image your eyes recorded is shaky from your walking and limited by your vision, obstacles in the way, etc. Instantly your brain re-processes the information smoothing the image out and enhancing it.

The process continues when storing and accessing the memory and the brain continues to reprocess the images, making them more clear, removing obstacles, filling in missing parts, adding different angles, etc, and complies the memory so it is very clear and may even show different angles/perspectives much like a movie.

In a movie there are usually 3 or more angles that the cameras film and later the film is spliced to show the scene from several perspectives much like our brain does automatically.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 04:01 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Harris:
I remember everything.

Hello.

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: Jonathan Harris ]

holy shit, a coherant post.

not to mention one out of his threads.

Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 12-02-2004 04:08 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Contemporary research suggests that the hippocampus acts as a short term memory buffer, and over the course of a week or so through dream sleep, those memories are sorted and stored somewhere in the neo cortex. The holographic theory of the mind suggests that the the mind stores these memories long term using fourier transforms, and distributes input from different senses to different parts of the brain, and links them somewhere. The overall memory is like a hologram where the whole of the image or memory in this case are stored in every part. In other words, the memory is stored extremely efficiently and cannot be erased by getting rid of part of it. The whole exists in the parts.

Cac ~ I've read some scary research on perception and memory storage. Experimental findings show us that the brain does on-the-fly editing and extrapolation of the input that comes in through our senses, and stores false memories or edited versions of what we see, hear, etc. So, regardless of what you may actually see, you will remember that you saw/heard/etc something different. There is an alternative theory that states that the brain actually edits the things your eyes/ears/etc pull in before we are conscious of them. So you actually see something that's not there. These lines of research have led into examining the way we perceive the passage of time as well because all this memory editing is going on live and takes some time while you perceive that what you see is instanteous. The resulting memories took time to be stored, and a split second later tell you that you were seeing something that you remember seeing, but you really didn't.

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: Wintermute ]

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 04:47 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
so things that aren't worth remembering are discarded from the short-term and space in the long-term isn't wasted.

My wife thinks anything worth remembering NEVER makes it to my long term memory.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 12-02-2004 07:05 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhhh disco biscuits. My fav

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 07:15 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The actual image your eyes recorded is shaky from your walking and limited by your vision, obstacles in the way, etc. Instantly your brain re-processes the information smoothing the image out and enhancing it.

"Someone" did a study and it turns out that your eyeballs are actually constantly shaking / vibrating. The way this was tested was to affix stalks to contact lenses with an image on the end. The image was far enough away to partially focus but only about an 1" or so as I recall. The guy wearing these modified contact lenses reported that the image was shaking. Now since the image wasn't actually shaking, something else must have been.

Again, this is something I learned a long time ago and may have been debunked since then.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Jonathan Harris
Sarge
Member # 3143

posted 12-02-2004 07:41 PM     Profile for Jonathan Harris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
Posts: 187 | From: Denver | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 12-02-2004 08:23 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
"Someone" did a study and it turns out that your eyeballs are actually constantly shaking / vibrating. The way this was tested was to affix stalks to contact lenses with an image on the end. The image was far enough away to partially focus but only about an 1" or so as I recall. The guy wearing these modified contact lenses reported that the image was shaking.

The shakiness you guys are referring to are sciatic movements of the eye ball. If the contact lense moved with the sciatic movements, the man would not have reported a shaky image, because the brain would have "smoothed" it out. On the contrary, studies have been done where subjects wear contact lenses with images on them, like a chicken, for example. After 30 seconds or so, people reported the head or feet beginning to disappear, and eventually the whole chicken was gone. Because the image was fixed to the sciatic movement of the eye, the same nerves in the retina were sending the same messages to the brain, and the brain discarded the redundant information and will try to "fill in" the gaps.

The eye constantly makes these movements so the brain isn't looking at the same static image all the time (assuming you're just staring straight at something). If it didn't, images would slowly blend and get all messed up. I think that's what happens when I watch TV and my gaze is fixed; a lot of funny things start happening to my peripheral vision.

Try this, its really cool. Look straight ahead at a blank wall or something and hold your left hand out about half-arm's length in front of your face. Point your index finger up and focus on the tip. Now with your right index finger pointed up, move it in slowly from your peripheral vision towards the center until you see the tip of the finger disappear. The tip disappears because the light is hitting the part of your retina that connects to your optic nerve, so there are no nerves there to receive the light. Your brain guesses at what is there by filling in the gap with the background surrounding the finger.

Other studies have been done where people wear special glasses that invert light, turning the images they see upside down. After a period of time (i don't know how long, a few days?), they were able to adapt to the new way of seeing things. What is fascinating is that when they took the glasses off, they got all messed up again. Their brains adapted to seeing things upside down, and when things got turned right-side up, their brains had to readapt.

Mute - I was part of a memory experiment. It was poorly-conducted, IMO, but the idea was that she tried to implant false memories by having us take the same questionnaire twice in a two-week time span. The first dealt with recalling certain childhood memories, and if a described event didn't happen to us, we were supposed to just pretend that it did and describe what we saw. The second test was a multiple-choice 50-question test that asked us "Did this happen in your childhood? Yes or no."

I thought it was interesting, but maybe could've been done better. I'm no psych student, but I had to participate for class credit. heh.

I also heard that someone found the part of the brain that fires when someone recalls a false memory, a part which is dormant otherwise. It would help to make better lie detectors.

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 12-02-2004 09:51 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's always been of interest to me. I know it's wrong, but I have performed quasi-scientific false memory experiments on my unsuspecting younger brother. When we were young I was able 'implant' false memories about certain events by re-enforcing the memory with repetitive affirmation of the memory. To this day he has memories of events and things that never happened or existed even though I've assured him they were not true. In my experience with others, I've found that people who have poor attention spans or just bad memory are especially susceptible to false memory implantation.

As far as lie-detecting, I've read that since lies are calculated, there is an increased flow of blood through parts of the brain when the lying takes place. This can be picked up on MRI. Also, using EEG they can now pick up on the part of the brain that recognizes images. So if you were to display a crime scene to an alleged thief or murderer, they wouldn't be able to prevent that part of their brain from reacting thereby proving their guilt. I suppose it would helpful to know whether or not the false memory portion of the brain was being activated as well so as to make sure an innocent person wasn't being set up to take the fall for the crime.

Of course there's also voice stress analysis and infrared face scanning, but that's more physiological than cognitive/neuronal.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 10:06 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They say your memory is the second thing to go, I forget what the first thing is.

As far as the brain and the 10% theory, I heard a guy on a talk show awhile back say that was hogwash. 90% of your brain didn't just sit around idle all day. You supposedly use 100% of your brain all the time. (At least when awake).
Like I said though, this is just something I heard a guy on the radio say and I don't remember his name. Who knows if we'll ever know the real answer.

Interesting thread though. gg

[ 12-02-2004: Message edited by: dAm ]

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 10:13 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's one side of the 10% Theory.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2004 10:14 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jun 22nd 2000
From The Economist print edition

HOW was your childhood? Did you like school? Was your little brother your mother’s favourite? Were your parents too strict? Did you prefer books to sports? Here's a surprise. No matter what you think you remember feeling as a child, there is a good chance that you are wrong. In fact, a stranger taking a wild guess would be just as likely to be right.

Such is the finding of Daniel Offer, a psychiatry professor at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. Dr Offer tracked down 67 men he had interviewed in 1962, when they were all 14-year-old boys, as part of a study of "typical" American teens. Thirty-four years later he asked the study subjects, now 48 years old, to think back to their teen years and answer the same questions. So many had changed their answers that, statistically, anybody taking a guess in the survey would have scored just as well. Dr Offer concludes that, as people get older, their view of the past changes. His findings are published this month in the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.

He does not mean to suggest, however, that people who remember growing up in middle-class comfort in St Louis, say, are likely to turn out to be the children of pig farmers in Manitoba or millionaires in Miami. Barring some serious psychiatric problem, the factual outlines of a person's life are probably as they remember them. It is how people feel about childhood events that the study calls into doubt —even about emotionally resonant memories, such as those relating to family relationships and home life.

For instance, as teenagers, only 14% of the boys said they were their mother’s favourite. As men looking back, a full 30% remembered being the favourite. Asked what the worst thing about their home life was, 40% said that home was physically uncomfortable, but only 11% thought it was emotionally uncomfortable. Looking back as adults, though, only 15% remembered feeling physical discomfort with the home, but 50% complained that it had been emotionally uncomfortable.

Even a question as seemingly objective as whether physical punishment was used elicited conflicting answers. As boys, 82% said they received physical punishment as a discipline. As men, only 33% remembered it that way. A fair fraction of the men even misremembered themselves as bookish: 23% of the men said they enjoyed "mental activity" the most. Back when they were 14, only 5% did.

The findings fit well with how scientists understand memory to work. Research shows that remembering is actually an active process, in which the memory is mentally constructed. Beliefs, prejudice and subsequent experience can all affect what is remembered. Many mental-health professionals are rightly suspicious of "recovered" memory, in which people supposedly unearth memories of sexual and physical abuse, or even abduction by aliens. The new study is remarkable because it was conducted with perfectly normal subjects. Although some of the men have subsequently had psychological difficulties, statistically those did not score better or worse than the others.

In the light of these findings, doctors and therapists (not to mention biographers) will have to be more careful. Dr Offer recommends that they treat all recollections as "existential reconstructions", and take anything a subject says with "a small rock of salt".

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 01:22 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In short, I do remember everything. I'll probably have a psychotic episode before I turn 40. My memory storage/recall abilities have actually been tested, and were shown to be off the scale. Both long term and short term were tested.

I've been told that my perceptual memories of events is fairly accurate, in so far as I remember things that happen, and my memories more or less coincide with other peoples who were present at the time.

Freud posited that memory and behavior are filtered according to our own psychological make up. In other words that who we are, and more importantly, how passionate (emotional) we are, dictates the slant our behavior and memory takes. Evidence is beginning to show that he was right.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 09:58 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'll probably have a psychotic episode before I turn 40

I don't need to be turned. Really. I don't!

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 12-03-2004 12:02 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He said 40, not 45.

--------------------

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 12:40 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
He said 40, not 45.

Oh, now that's cruel. And it's 46, btw.

Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 12-03-2004 12:53 PM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The other day I was watching TV, and someone said something to me. The focus of my attention switched from the TV to the person just as they had stopped talking to me, and just afterwards I could have sworn that I had heard the person on the TV say what the person there with me had said.

Yesterday I was watching a movie with someone, and they seemed to me to react slightly before there was anything to react to in the movie. They had never seen it before, and tehre was nothing in the movie to let them know anything was going to happen. It bothered me for some reason, and I paused the movie, and asked them if they had said "Oh" or whatever before or after the certain scene, and they said they definitely said it after. I know I heard it before the scene, but now I'm wondering if my brain edited it wrnog before I was conscious of the memory or experience. I have had many of these types of experiences too.

Several months ago I was trying to remember something I had heard a year earlier, and as I was thinking my mind retreived a memory of something I had only read about a few minutes early. I had the eureka feeling you get when you remember or find something. Part of me knew that it wasn't the right memory or answer I was looking for, but there was a small part of my mind behaving or making me feel like I had just sucessfully remembered soemthing when I most definitely didn't remember the right thing. That had never happened before. I wonder if other people have that happen.

I've also had very bizarre dejavu before. I'm convinced that the mind is taking something you're doing and echoing pulsing the memory or something so you keep feeling like you've experienced it before. Anyone know anything more about it?

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Posts: 85 | From: livingroom | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 12-03-2004 01:01 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reality:
Part of me knew that it wasn't the right memory or answer I was looking for, but there was a small part of my mind behaving or making me feel like I had just sucessfully remembered soemthing when I most definitely didn't remember the right thing.

Yeah, that's happened to me.

"What did I forget? Toothbrush! Wait... no... yeah, I forgot my toothbrush. That's not right..."

--------------------

MrsCyborg
Sarge
Member # 155

Rate Member

posted 12-03-2004 02:29 PM     Profile for MrsCyborg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take Psychology 101. I'm in the midst of it right now. I have to re-take it in order to apply to a master's program. Seems, I cannot transfer classes taken 20 years ago. For the love of tuition!
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 04:00 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps the whole 10% thing is not that we only use 10% but we only understand how 10% of it is used? I didn't read the whole article linked above yet but I will...if I remember.

Ho Ho Ho!

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 12-03-2004 04:38 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It probably means only 10% is used for conscious thought processing, and the rest is used for body functions. That's my guess.

--------------------

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2004 07:29 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We use 10% of our brain but different parts of it. Just to say, no one can read a book and do long division in their head while riding a unicycle to announce the winner of some reality show to us. Unless there is a book about long division and the unicycle has training wheels and the whole thing is fixed.
Generally, I don't think it would be evolutionally sound to do so much. As long as reproduction can occur, let's be dumb as ... something clever insert here... duhumm..

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 12-03-2004 07:34 PM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To say that we use 10% of our brain is to say that we know what the brain is capable of at 100% usage. No-one knows that. It must not be true.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-04-2004 02:02 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Ozzy.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-04-2004 03:51 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe someone has already mentioned it but many near deather's have said that the entire picture reel of their lives was played back in a fraction of a second. We are infact biological hard drives so why not eh? If you find a good safe port to plug into to look around while staying alive hook me up!
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 12-04-2004 10:10 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Baldie, that reminds me of a short toon where a person is ready to go out and has a nervous break down, so he hangs himself. As he dies, he remembers his childhood, his school life, and marriage, and the whole shit-bang, until he has his final memories of putting his lost keys in his pocket so he unhangs himself and walks out the door. Not the greatest way to retrieve memory, but it was funny as hell.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com