Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Another thread about Dubya...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another thread about Dubya...
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 06:20 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I copied this from Edinburgh Evening News' website tonight. I just wanted to post it here because it "might" be interesting to read what the foreign press is saying about him. Sure, Edinburgh is in Scotland which is part of the UK which is in bed with the US in Iraq but I still think it makes interesting reading. By the way, this report is not a leading story, it's in the "Heroes and Villains" section of the paper that is preceded with this text:

quote:
NB: we know that there are far more worthy heroes than those listed here - doctors, nurses, aid workers, Franck Sauzee, etc. Similarly, murderers, rapists and dictators are indisputably far greater villains. This column does not deal with them. It is designed to honour those who have caused surprise by their actions.

Here's the story:

quote:
Hero: Dubya
You've got to hand it to George Walker Bush. Everyone in the world thought he was a moronic, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, mindless puppet doing the bidding of his super-rich, neo-con, oil-soaked paymasters while paying lip service to the concerns of the great unwashed.

Instead it turns out he's a political genius.

The American economy is going down the toilet. It has a budget deficit ($4 trillion over the next 10 years) that would make Kim Jong Il blush. Worryingly, China and Hong Kong have accumulated $177 billion of US debt, giving the world's biggest dictatorship a great deal of economic power over the world's richest democracy.

Vast amounts have been squandered on enormous tax cuts that disproportionately favour the super-wealthy (the bottom 60% of US society got a mere 14.7% of Bush's $1.6 trillion giveaway, while the richest 1% got half of it). Meanwhile unemployment has rocketed. And for George, healthcare is just another word that begins with "h", like "Iran". In short, the ordinary American is getting royally shafted by the Bush administration.

And yet Dubya persuaded the suckers to vote for him. The man's a genius.

How'd he do it? Well, he made them scared. Not in the way he makes us scared - by having his finger on the nuclear trigger while looking very dim and slightly deranged - but by raising mythical bogeymen to terrify middle America.

After the horrific attacks on the US on 11 September, 2001, the Bush administration should have dedicated all its resources to hunting down Osama bin Laden and his little helpers. Instead, after taking out the Taliban in Afghanistan (a good move spoiled slightly by the chaotic mess that country is currently in), Dubya decided to focus on Iraq: a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

Despite all the lies about weapons of mass destruction, al-Qaeda training camps and uranium from Nigeria, Saddam Hussein was as great a threat to the US as my mum. (Note to any neo-cons who might be reading: this means that the Iraqi leader was not a threat at all. It does not mean you should carpet-bomb my mum's house or have her deposed in a right-wing coup.)

Careful use of terror alerts have kept swing voters good and jumpy so that they chose the "tough" George Dubya Bush over the "sane" John Kerry. This despite the fact that the Iraq adventure has made America more of a terrorist target than it was before and that American (and British) servicemen are dying there at a frightening rate.

And yet Dubya persuaded the suckers to vote for him. The man's a genius.

As a result we're in for an exciting four years of unfettered neo-con crusading. Especially if you live in or near a member of the axis of evil: Iran, North Korea, Palestine, Syria, Libya, Venezuela, the Pitcairn Islands, France, San Francisco...

On the brighter side, US domestic policy's going to be dictated by extreme fundamentalists so the colonials might as well tear up that precious consitution of theirs and replace it with the Book of Leviticus.

And yet Dubya persuaded the suckers to vote for him. The man's a genius. Truly, we "misunderestimated" him.

[ 11-08-2004: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 06:50 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or the fact that more people liked Bush. Terror alerts had nothing to do with the way I voted.

I also love it how most articles bash Bush for the economy. Not like it was fish tailing when he came in or anything.

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 08:12 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, same old lines. I didn't vote because I was 'scared'. I'm not sitting here, cowering, shaking with fear. But I know that the terrorists are out there, and want to kill. And they don't care if Bush or Kerry is president. And, yes, I think Kerry would royally screw up that aspect of his presidency. And the economy? It's going up, ladies and gentlemen, something the liberals don't want to talk about. So, no, Bush didn't fool me into voting for him. I just didn't let Kerry fool me into voting for HIM!

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-08-2004 09:55 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you look deeply the Michael Moore loving liberals are the most fearful of them all. Did they vote for Bush? Nope, they voted for Kerry.

It all comes down to morals and faith. While Kerry was sounding like a block head whiner Bush was showing his love for his wife, family, country and God. He was acting like simple folks do in the southern regions of the US and he connected with them. Though the word "acting" is not correct, Bush was simply being himself. You see you know what scares God fearing folks in the red zones? Liberals, gays, pacifists and anyone else who theatens to force homosexuality, MTV culture and other new things they are not ready for down their throats. You scared them, HA!!!

Talk about shooting themselves in the foot?

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 11:17 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
acid, castrate yourself.

cy, pls don't reproduce anymore. in fact, maybe you should give your son to cac or something.

i mean, jesus. i just can't say anything else after listening to you two.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 11:30 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no one can say much for you either. real news must be too much for you these days.

damn jesusland.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 11-08-2004 11:50 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the hell ever happened about talking about gaming here? Heck, I would take back the good natured joking that used to be here.

Its now CNN-Lite. Everybody, unclench your assholes on the count of three. 1...2...

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-08-2004 11:55 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isn't politics a game?

silly silly burble

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 11-08-2004 11:58 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Or the fact that more people liked Bush. Terror alerts had nothing to do with the way I voted.

Yeah well Kyle, there was also a popular support sway everytime a terror-alert was issued. Explain that one with a little less of your standard simplistic justifications

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 11-09-2004 12:12 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and 40, if you economy is going up...keep it going. The Canadian Peso is fairing extremely well in the last 18 months. Up over 20¢. Up over 11¢ in the last 120 days. We are right now at about 84¢ on the dollar. And yeah, I know there is more to economy than the dollar, but the dollar value affects imports/exports which as you know what DRIVES your economy. So yes, please keep it up....because I got some shit on E-Bay to buy
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 11-09-2004 12:45 AM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The whole debate on how people voted for Bush because of his faith in god is the exact thing that the Kerry voters were voting against. Kerry has his own faith and religion that he lives by, but the difference between him and Bush is that Kerry wasn't letting his religion be the basis for his policies.

Just look at all the recent new policies that were adopted by Bush in the past few years, he wants to ban gay marriage, and he wants to ban further development of stem cell research. These policies were not thought up for the good of America, they were thought up because they go against everything that Bush's religion stands for.

The very basis of a democratic society is one that gives the people the right and will to do what they want and believe in what they want. Bush preaches that America is a true example of a democratic society, yet he wants to ban anything that goes against his own ideals, well what about the people who support these ideals, are they not entitled to the basic rights that a democratic society is endowed with. Shouldn't a person be able to be married to the person of their choice and recieve the same benefits that any other married couple would recieve? Shouldn't we further our knowledge of stem cells in order to help millions of people across the world?

This is not a bash against America, I respect America and it's people, but I do not respect Bush and his government (for more than this one issue). Any leader of a democratic country should not let his religion or beliefs be the deciding factor in the way they govern a country.

This is just my opinion, you are free to judge this in any way you wish, but I just had to say something about this whole issue.

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 11-09-2004 01:35 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stem Cell research was never banned. Its going on this very minute. Just no new stem cells could be harvested.

Gay Marriage is such a non-issue with me. I lump it together with other 'hot topics' such as abortion. Not that we shouldn't work on these 'hot topics' but in my eyes they will always be around and at the sametime be pretty unsolveable.

I also think the ideas of gay marriage are tricky, mostly for money reasons. Not that I am against it, I wish gay people could get married but I think its tricky like I said

Heres is my opinion, I think stem cell research, gay marriage, and abortion are all bad topics to focus on. America has a lot of global power and I think we as voters don't realize the scope of our power, so instead we get infatutated with gay marriage/relegion/abortion lather, rinse, and repeat. It's selfish and stupid but then again these are the issues we are "supposed" to be worried with but I've never, ever once been concerned with them.

[ 11-09-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-09-2004 09:40 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"You see you know what scares God fearing folks in the red zones? Liberals, gays, pacifists and anyone else who theatens to force homosexuality, MTV culture and other new things they are not ready for down their throats. You scared them, HA!!!"

It's comments like these that scare me the most. Thankfully they are from Cy and so they are not completely unexpected. Things that scare "folks in the red zones":
1. Liberals - why, because they have a different point of view?
2. Gays - WTF?! What possible danger does a gay person pose to you?
3. Pacifists - You do realize that if everyone was a pacifist there would be nothing to be scared of in the 1st place? You seem to link liberals and pacifists. Maybe some liberals are but not all of them. You do a great job of tarring people with the same brush. Try thinking of people as individuals with different opinions but some common beliefs.
4. "anyone else who theatens to force homosexuality" - back to gays again, huh? Sounds like you are a real homophobe Cy. Granting civil union to gay couples is hardly forcing homosexuality down anyones throat.

Going back to your original statement that I quoted above, it's interesting to note that in your list of "what scares God fearing folks in the red zones", you failed to mention God. What is your definition of "fear"?

--------------------

Miss you guys.

MrsCyborg
Sarge
Member # 155

Rate Member

posted 11-09-2004 10:02 AM     Profile for MrsCyborg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cy,

You're really scaring me. The word zealot comes to mind.

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-09-2004 11:31 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not exactly agreeing with people who fear anything new, I am explaining and relating to why they voted the way they did. We in the NE have been exposed to culture but you might be surprised how "behind the times" parts of the US are. Those parts voted Bush.

My advice would be to calm down and help them understand you. Educate but do not scare or force.

AND I keep getting the urge to be a dick, sorry, I am trying to explain myself without out telling a few here to bite me.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 01:54 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
We in the NE have been exposed to culture but you might be surprised how "behind the times" parts of the US are. Those parts voted Bush.

for clarification: are you saying your attitude is a little outdated and that everyone around you in the NE is more cultured than you? Is that not sort of like calling yourself a simpleton? I am not trying to rile Cy...just trying to wonder why you would apparantly insult yourself in a justification for voting the way you did

And Kyle, I notice you got nothing...

[ 11-10-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 02:07 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Shouldn't a person be able to be married to the person of their choice and recieve the same benefits that any other married couple would recieve?

Oh please. Gays have long wanted to be able to go both ways on a one way street and then they want to be "equal"? Fine...

I propose HETEROSEXUAL PRIDE DAY PARADES!!! STRAIGHT DAYS!!! Imagine the rucus....But every day is Straight Day! WAA WAAA WAAA I am sick of this pitiful hypocritical special interest groups.

I am done

[ 11-11-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 08:15 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burble, Max, ..lol
Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 11:43 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acid - We had a surplus when bush took over.

Cy - Are you saying that the dems are the only ones that used scare tactics during the election? I guess I don't know what you are trying to say.

Snag - I thought you went through a sex change about six months ago? I guess that does not necessarily make you gay though. Either way calling someone a fag or discussing ass fucking between men does not convince anyone you are a macho hetero.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 07:13 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I am sick of this pitiful hypocritical special interest groups" - Perhaps because you yourself are not a member of one and therefor don't care about them?

I really believe that if someone wants to do something with their life that doesn't harm anyone else they should be allowed to get on with it and not be persecuted in the process. You should be happy, it's not like many of them will be claiming child support! Hell, I'll bet a few of them are even lining up to adopt kids...unwanted kids who were born only because the government didn't allow the mother to have an abortion.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2004 07:34 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers, Max.
Reality
Sarge
Member # 3135

Rate Member

posted 11-11-2004 07:59 PM     Profile for Reality   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know, I don't care for the whole diversity movement thing going on. I get an email from the new Diversity Manager, and I'm thinking... what the heck is that? I didn't know we had a Diversity Mgr. What does that have to do with work. Later I find out the diversity movement within corporations is about getting more customers.. basically it's about money, but anway. It was an email inviting all employees to celebrate diversity by coming out and walking in a gay parade.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate gay people or anything. The bible tells us Christians to hate the sin, love the person, right? Well, what bothers me about it is you can't celebrate diversity unless you are celebrating all sides of sexuality or all sides of race, religion, etc. Someone mentioned it before. If you were to try to celebrate diversity by having a parade for heterosexuality, white pride, or... Christianity, you would be boo'd and heckled, and accused of being a biggot or something.

That's hypocritical dammit. I could go on, but that's enough right now.

--------------------

I once had a Quantum Car, but every time I looked at the speedometer, I'd get lost. - Heisenberg

Posts: 85 | From: livingroom | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 11-11-2004 08:11 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Max...I have no problem with homosexuality...just do not flaunt it. And do NOT compare it to a fruitful relationship...in otherwords, a hetero partnership that may produce offspring.

And you are right, I am not a member of a special interest group. Why? I AM NORMAL!!! That's why...so why should I suffer, compromise or alter my daily life to accomodate? In the 90's, Sikhs came to Canada. No problem, we are a diverse country. Our RCMP are world famous for their heritage/history. It is the SINGLE most familiar thing about Canada internationally. But when those Sikhs came, many wanted to serve their adopted homeland. That is fine...I encourage, endorse and commend that. But they SUED the RCMP to change the traditional headware to accomodate turbans. Thus, why should we always be forced to accomodate special interest groups' heritage at the expense of our own fundamental beliefs, values and traditions.

My little tangent there (fuck this fuck that FUCK!!!) was just my little Penn & Teller impersonation...I will remove it.

[ 11-11-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-11-2004 10:30 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're not normal. =)

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-12-2004 12:09 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoGuEBiTcH:
Burble, Max, ..lol

Oh yeah great, there goes JaY sucking up to the other GaY guys in here.

There is nothing wrong with being simple or GaY or just like JaY.

What was the topic?

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-12-2004 09:05 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And do NOT compare it to a fruitful relationship...in otherwords, a hetero partnership that may produce offspring.

I never, ever would (at least not on purpose). I think I have said this in here before but rather than trying to dig out the post I'll just say it again. I don't think being gay is normal. If everyone decided that being gay was the way they wanted to live their life then we would cease to exist as a species in about 100 years.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 11-12-2004 09:11 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyborg6:
Oh yeah great, there goes JaY sucking up to the other GaY guys in here.

There is nothing wrong with being simple or GaY or just like JaY.

What was the topic?

I am not gay Cy. I know it's your idea of a joke, it's just not very clever. The more I read of your constant put downs of gays or those that try and defend them, the more I believe you are living in a closet.

Edit: Ooops, I forgot the that makes everything OK.

[ 11-12-2004: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

--------------------

Miss you guys.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2004 11:19 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, really...

You have to just ignore him altogether, Max - and besides, I'm the one he's constantly trying to prevoke, not you. It's some inferiority complex he has..I'm not sure, but I stopped considering the possibility that I deserved it a long time ago. It's just sad to watch him embarass himself in a forum his wife reads like this.

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-14-2004 11:57 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice try JaY, come here and give me a lil' sumthin' sweet, I promise not to tell.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com