Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » For those interested (and open minded)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those interested (and open minded)
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-26-2004 11:13 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
alt.binaries.svcd

Farenhype 9/11

I've watched the fist disc of this movie and it is very good in uncovering the half-truths of Michael Moore. In the first disc at least, they haven't said anything to bring Kerry down or boost Bush (in any other fashion than undoing Moore's lies).

Celsius 41.11 (listed 41-11)

Going to download it and watch it, but it is most likely propoganda in the same sense that Moore's movies are.

Farenheit 9/11 is also on there if you want to see it too. Hype and Heith are both DVDRips, not sure about 41.11 yet.

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 02:59 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll open my mind and my brain will fall out. It's actually happened in a way once. But even if Farenheit 9/11 has some lies, it was important that there is some source that questioned the government. I have seen an episode of TV Nation, a show that Micheal Moore had, and he had seemed to have some worthy purpose. If he now acts and directs like someone pissed in his drink, he probably isn't far off and I wouldn't blame him.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 08:17 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acid I hate to break it to ya but you are one of the most closed minded persons here.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 09:13 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok. I have to sit in class with liberals and live with two and listen to their ideas every day. Just because I post what I believe doesn't make me close minded.

Forgive me for posting about something that would undo Moore's bullshit. Keep his shit to yourself then, smartest man ever-cac.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 02:31 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgive you for posting about something that would undo Moore's bullshit.

Also sorry that I called you close minded. I simply presumed that you did not watch Fahrenheit 9/11.

[ 10-27-2004: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 02:34 PM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet but I want to see it. What makes me laugh is that a lot of my friends are republican and / or libertarians and when the trailers for 9/11 came on they all pissed and moaned about it without having ever seen the movie. To me, that is closed minded. I won't blow smoke up anyone's ass and tell them everything that MM says is true but I also won't sit there and criticize a movie / documentary without having seen it either. They were more than happy to do that though.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 08:01 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the true closed minds simply dismiss things like Fahrenheit 9/11 as simple bullshit, Bush-bashing etc.

The true open minds are open to suggestions to both sides of things. I was talking to you about it last night before you went out Kyle (I tried to download them but my news server had already some missing pieces ). I have noticed Americans are so much more true to the fundamentals of political parties than anywhere else. Sure, you have like 56 registered parties in the US, but you stick to only two "official" parties, and a huge amount of American ever so frequently blindly accept the rhetoric of either said party as end-all be all truth.

Can you HONESTLY say that Fahrenheit 9/11 was all complete and fabricated bullshit Kyle? Personal thoughts aside because while it was a onesided look at Bush and some of it could be taken out of context, questions must arise.

IE: Why is it that GWB had the Taliban visit his ranch and show them a good time and then later decide that they were so incredibly evil that they must be removed from office? Why is it that while all aircraft in North America and much of the world were grounded except military aircraft, was there a plane full of bin Ladens allowed to leave the US?

I mean common Kyle, to be TRULY open minded, you have to ask questions and seek answers and reasons to either stand for the very things you believe or be opposed to. Not doing that makes a person very closed minded. If I were an American I would be looking for a middleground for neither of the two parties represent what I 100% believe in. And while I would choose the party that most represented my ideals, I would also not accept the party policy as infallible doctrine.

[ 10-27-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

[ 10-27-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-27-2004 08:34 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snag - I disagree about us Americans sticking to only two parties as regards to fundamental beliefs.

--------------------

Zippy
Sarge
Member # 3027

Rate Member

posted 10-27-2004 10:45 PM     Profile for Zippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Snag - I disagree about us Americans sticking to only two parties as regards to fundamental beliefs.

snag on zippy's computer says: sorry, I meant most. And for generalization purposes, I could probably get away with what I said because the final election results will suggest that "Americans stick to the 2 official parties"

--------------------

Posts: 94 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 12:13 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its told in Farenhype Jesse. Get online and I'll send you the missing parts.
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 12:19 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would require the whole thing then...i only got like 2 whole pieces

[ 10-28-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 12:46 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well then get online.
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 01:17 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but I don't wanna fire up MSN lol Actually dude, give me a few days (probably after the weekend). I am gonna be semi-busy with work and some other shit around here, then the other half and I have friday night to kill in a theme room at West Edmonton Mall's Fantasyland Hotel Then a Halloween party at her sisters place ...oh, and some formal dinner on the 6th and then some anniversary party for some people I don't even know but because I was introduced to them like 2 weeks after I met her I am somehow obligated to go to their "function". Why is it I suddenly appreciate the lack of excitement and solice I used to experience being alone? hehe
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2004 01:32 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched it snag, and it was good in that a lot of the footage was footage we wouldn't have really gotten to see in the states but it IS total bullshit. Sure there is some truth in some of it, but there is a whole lot of out of context edited to fit his perspective crap in there also.

Believe what you want, you're not a citizen so what does it matter? A whole lot of non-americans aren't liking us at the moment.

lol so what. I'd rather be american than any other nationality in the world (I know, and yes I would hope that you felt the same about being canadian...It's called nationalism)

And check THIS out. I voted already and I voted Bush.

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 02:02 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I watched it snag, and it was good in that a lot of the footage was footage we wouldn't have really gotten to see in the states but it IS total bullshit. Sure there is some truth in some of it, but there is a whole lot of out of context edited to fit his perspective crap in there also.

And to that I have no doubt and I even said that there is surely some self-serving spin. But like I said, it DOES raise questions...some that do deserve answers.

quote:
Believe what you want, you're not a citizen so what does it matter? A whole lot of non-americans aren't liking us at the moment.

What does it matter? Let me tell you what it matters: USA is Canada's number #1 trading partner and we the US's. Who has backed you every step of the way except Iraq...regardless of reasons, we have been there from you from accepting all diverted planes and accepting stranded American citizens and taking many into our homes on 9/11. From your foreign policy affecting our country to such an extent that our economies are almost completely intertwined. From the US turning from simply reactive to a pre-emptive protectionist state. I can go on if you want. To think that what happens in the US does not affect Canada is simply ignorant and arrogant.

quote:
lol so what. I'd rather be american than any other nationality in the world (I know, and yes I would hope that you felt the same about being canadian...It's called nationalism)

Yeah sure...I would rather consider myself Albertan than Canadian but that is a domestic political issue I don't think you care about and is too length to get into here. Ideally I would have one foot in each country but that ain't possible so... Who knows, one day you will probably assimilate us anyway.

quote:

That's not a choice....that's a lack of options

[ 10-28-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 03:56 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just remember this. If Canadians think trade relations with the U.S. are in the crapper right now, wait and see what happens if Kerry gets in. I seriously doubt if the BSE or softwood lumber issues are at the top of his "things to fix" list. Most likely they're not even on it but I know they're on the "things Canada would like fixed" list. I would be suprised if either one is resolved while he's in office if he actually gets elected.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2004 08:50 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
of course we as American's ask question snaggles. Americans are not sheep. It's just that

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's not a choice....that's a lack of options

THAT WAS a choice.

I had a chioce between a douche and a turd sandwich and I voted turd sandwich. Your politics are exactly the same in that respect.

besides it's much more fun to disagree with you than otherwise. I would absolutely hate to see my name in one of those agree with snag quotes.

main point is that Moore's film isn't even good documentary. Hell it's not documentary at all. I watched it but only after I downloaded it off the p2p networks. I wouldn't give that lump of shit 5 cents. Bush has his issues but Kerry is worse in my opinion.

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from
the Union (Refer to the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848).

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins president
over Bush. We'll miss you too.

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the
results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from
Texas are considering taking matters into our own hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States. (all 49 states.)

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space
industry)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry. (we have over 65% of it) The term "Don't mess with
Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for
the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those
northern states. John Kerry will "have a plan" to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer
chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell
Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD,
Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Delphi, Dallas Semiconductor,
Nortel, Alcatel Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research
the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large
health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT, Texas A&M, Texas Tech,
Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, TCU, Texas Women's
University. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. (just open the border when we need
some

more)

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the
Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down
here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24
hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call
Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas
Rangers.

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types
of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf.
And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in
good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry: Since you won't
have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be
able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United
States should walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your
communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since
Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed,

The People of Texas

GOD bless TEXAS

Have a happy day
(I am a Texan btw)

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 08:55 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just watched The Alamo the other night. Pretty good movie. Billy Bob Thorton was great as Daniel Boone.

Nice to see you around Dev.

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2004 09:31 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
been busy over at the other spot. I don't have a snag over there to disagree with though.

and to be 100% truthfully honest I don't even really care about this thread lol. I just wanted to try out my sig heh

[ 10-28-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 10:31 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of these days soon I plan on heading over to your site and re-registering.

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 10:39 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I just watched The Alamo the other night. Pretty good movie. Billy Bob Thorton was great as Daniel Boone.

True, but...Billy Bob Thorton was great as Davey Crockett.

[imo]Moore in a nutshell[/imo]

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-28-2004 10:45 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to lay off the Absinthe!

Thanks for the correction outrider.

--------------------

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2004 10:47 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was at a bar on campus at york university in toronto called the absinthe bar. apparantly it's legal there but it's toned down and not that good according to students.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 10-28-2004 03:19 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I now await the release of the next retaliatory documentary made to "debunk" FahrenHYPE 9/11 so more people who get their truth by passively absorbing politically motivated propaganda can reinforce the comfortable illusions they've built for themselves without ever having had to expend any energy thinking or searching for the facts on their own.

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 10-28-2004 04:20 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you voting mute?

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-29-2004 12:46 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
I now await the release of the next retaliatory documentary made to "debunk" FahrenHYPE 9/11 so more people who get their truth by passively absorbing politically motivated propaganda can reinforce the comfortable illusions they've built for themselves without ever having had to expend any energy thinking or searching for the facts on their own.

Well put.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-29-2004 01:37 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It should sell. Everyone in Morgantown is in love with Farenheit 9/11. Its almost better than football games.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com