Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » OMG! There really is a Doom movie!?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OMG! There really is a Doom movie!?
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-25-2004 12:28 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 10-25-2004 12:39 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'll be bundled with Walking Tall and put on Walmart shelves a month after its release.

Price slashed of course.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-25-2004 01:18 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you smell what the sarge is cookin'?

This should be ... interesting. I am going to see it, no matter how bad.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-25-2004 01:25 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm going to see it too even though I expect it to be a crapfest. I read another article that stated id is giving the scriptwriters complete freedom in the Doom universe, being able to add and remove stuff as they see fit. They'll keep the monsters and crap, but expect new character and *gasp* plot development!

I am SO glad the Rock doesn't have the lead role. Good god that would've sucked...

I'd tell you this is old news, but I like you AW

[ 10-25-2004: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-25-2004 02:59 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like the rock.

he's not a bad actor. he just takes shit roles.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-25-2004 03:15 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
i like the rock.

he's not a bad actor. he just takes shit roles.

I think he fits well enough in the Doom universe, I can see him being a Sarge, so it works for me. As long as the Doom movie has voilence and gore, I really don't care much about a story. I mean we're talking about Doom here...ie: shoot shit and run, shoot more shit. etc.

They had better not include any faggy matrix-esque special effects in this movie either. (oh, hey resident evil the movie) I just want a straight forward movie with gore and demons!

Zippy
Sarge
Member # 3027

Rate Member

posted 10-25-2004 04:04 PM     Profile for Zippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uh... i think i just might have to ROCK BOTTOM you Flux, cause The Rock is the STAR of the show.... this Karl Urban is a hasbeen and will take second place to Tha Rock
DO YOU
Smellllllll
What the
ROCK IS COOKING?

[ 10-25-2004: Message edited by: Zippy ]

--------------------

Posts: 94 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 10-25-2004 04:30 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the Sarge role isn't the lead. and none of those articles say he got the starring role.

It's fine that he's in the movie, I'm just glad he doesn't have the lead role. It would just come off as a poor attempt on the part of the studio to hype the movie based on starpower than a solid script/story (which it prolly won't have anyway, but that's ok)

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-25-2004 06:12 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Fluxy, I hate to correct you, but this isn't that old. It was on slashdot only a day or two ago. now the IMdb entry is old, I'll give you that. But until recently there was no official word on whether there would be a movie or not. Only rumours.

BTW I like you too. *wink*

Oh, that Karl Urban is the guy who played Eomer in LoTR, so yeah, it's being hyped on star power. I'll still go and see it. It IS Doom, they can't screw it up too much, they know the fan base is going to be gamers.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 10-26-2004 12:45 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This movie is going to rank around Resident Evil 2 and House of the Dead.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-26-2004 02:31 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about the Mummy's Revenge (coincidently another movie the rock starred in. thank god he didn't talk)
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-26-2004 09:35 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoJo:
This movie is going to rank around Resident Evil 2 and House of the Dead.

Nah, on gore factor alone it should be close to House of a Thousand Corpses.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

rokz
Sarge
Member # 3046

posted 10-30-2004 05:31 PM     Profile for rokz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mynameisxanthan:
I think he fits well enough in the Doom universe, I can see him being a Sarge, so it works for me. As long as the Doom movie has voilence and gore, I really don't care much about a story. I mean we're talking about Doom here...ie: shoot shit and run, shoot more shit. etc.

They had better not include any faggy matrix-esque special effects in this movie either. (oh, hey resident evil the movie) I just want a straight forward movie with gore and demons!

I want to see a movie with you taking your pants off.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 10-31-2004 10:22 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rokz:
I want to see a movie with you taking your pants off.

Theres already one floating around on Kazza ^_^

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 11-01-2004 01:01 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah but its poor quality video compression.

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com