Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » In the words of Fez from That 70's Show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In the words of Fez from That 70's Show
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 02:35 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooo Burn!
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20040917083356327

quote:
48. After a detailed review that exhaustively compared almost 27,000 lines of IBM Code against almost 68,000,000 lines of Unix System V Code, I could find no evidence that any of the IBM Code incorporates a portion of, or is similar to, any of the Unix System V Code.

49. I therefore conclude that the IBM Code is not a modification or a derivative work based on the Unix System V Code.

50. I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

Dr. Randall Davis' second declaration. The site provides the actual document, scanned, in pdf form.

[ 09-18-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

[ 09-18-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-18-2004 08:33 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Kelso was the one who says BURN?

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 09:12 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're always sticking up for your man, Josh.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 09:44 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was in the '70s. I knew the '70s. That show bears no resemblance to the '70s.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 09:53 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jondster:
I was in the '70s. I knew the '70s. That show bears no resemblance to the '70s.

How would you know. You were in the 60's also, so you don't remember the 70's. You hadn't recovered yet.

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 09:55 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
touche. But I remember there was disco ... arrrgh

[ 09-18-2004: Message edited by: jondster ]

--------------------

No Sig

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-18-2004 09:55 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please elaborate. What was different about the actual seventies? My parents and friends of my parents say it's pretty accurate.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2004 10:48 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, Fez ALSO says Burn, not as much as Kelso, but he does say it.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 12:58 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually it bears a pretty good resemblance to sit-coms of the '70s, but with today's pushing the lack-of-taste envelope thrown in for good measure.

--------------------

No Sig

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 01:01 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe it's because in reality many of us spent our time running around getting laid, rather than running around trying to.

The '70s was the easiest ever decade to get laid in. Ya gotta remember AIDS didn't show up until the '80s.

[ 09-20-2004: Message edited by: jondster ]

--------------------

No Sig

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 01:08 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember my high school had a smoking court for seniors and going to a doobie brothers show back in the 70's.

...well, kinda, I'm pretty sure they did blackwater.

...I think.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 01:09 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yea, there was the six million dollar man too and a nasty bout with paraquat.
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 01:12 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And gas stations gave out these really nifty drinking glasses when you got a full tank of gas and I had a crush on wonder woman.
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 09-20-2004 01:21 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yea and my old man sported a lime green leisure suit sometimes when my parents had these block parties where all the neighbors would come over and get rowdy and some of the neighbor's wives would, after too many martinis, sneak down to the basement and flirt with me and my stoner buddies looking to sneak a puff or two before going back up to mingle. It was a special time, the 70's.
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-22-2004 02:47 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the record, they all say "BURN" but Fez is one to use it more than the others. Kelso a close 2nd.

It doesn't matter if the portrayal of the 70s is accurate or not, the show is great.

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 09-22-2004 03:37 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I find it funny that no one is talking about the intended subject of the thread. This thread didn't get hijacked, it just didn't leave the airport.

--------------------

RagingBITCH
Sarge
Member # 68

Rate Member

posted 09-22-2004 03:38 PM     Profile for RagingBITCH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Fez likes dem big, Fez likes dem small, Fez likes dem all!"
Posts: 2628 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-23-2004 01:54 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flux, I think it got delayed, then everyone transfered to a different airline.

lol@Rage

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-23-2004 08:51 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was a 70's teenager and I find quite a bit from that show accurate for Michigan. At least the decor, clothes, etc. In a general way…

It was a good era to grow up in for me. The girls dressed similar to today with hip-huggers, etc, and they had slimmer bodies back then, but not as many thongs. Today I find it funny seeing young girls wearing hip-huggers and a large belly hanging out over the jeans. I guess that’s in these days or at least these girls think it is.

Sex was more fun since all we worried about was getting a girl pregnant although STDs were around.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com